Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 12:00 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times

Advertisements

Anyone who signs a military contract needs to be aware that the government basically owns you now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 12:07 AM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
This also so utterly ridiculous.
It's a vaccine. It can save your life.
It has literally nothing to do with politics.

I didn't need to be asked twice to get the vaccine and got it as soon as I could, but I don't believe it should be mandatory for anyone until it's fully approved. Once it is though employers including the military should be free to mandate.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:11 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
You can’t quit the military, you can either be kicked out via court martial or admin discharge, retired, or separated from your current contract once you complete it. It’s a very airtight contract. The only person who could “release” you early from your current 4-6 contract would be your commander. It’s as close to human ownership as you’re going to get. Source: I served

Old 07-06-2021, 12:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
They’re gonna quit and do what?

NONE of them will quit with the exception of a tiny few fools who’ll use it as an excuse to get out because they no longer wanna be in the military anyway.

Career troops aren’t going anywhere.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:32 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
As a Navy vet, I find this very doubtful at best and an outright lie at worst.
The military does not give its members a choice as to which vaccines they can take or not.
And in this all-volunteer military, the members who would quit over something like this have already quit and are long gone.

The use of its members as guinea pigs is a thing of the far distant past now, going all the way back to the pre-Vietnam draft era.
But even if our troops are still being used in medical experiments, that has nothing at all to do with the Covid vaccines; they have all undergone experiments and their results and side effects are all well known now.

It doesn't matter anyway, as the military's prime objective is to be combat ready, and that means vaccinated against disease. If an experimental vaccine was the only thing available for Covid, the troops would get it anyway.
..and the only way to avoid it would be to quit.
Quitting would result in the loss of all the benefits the military provides as well as the pay check. It isn't something that is taken lightly nowadays, especially since the troop demands have decreased so much as we withdraw from the Middle East.
If a soldier quits now, he's not going to be replaced, and he won't be encouraged to stay in, especially if he's so willing to disobey medical treatment.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but in a professional military, it would doubtful very many of our troops would throw away their career over a vaccination.
Personally, I was vaccinated more often and more extensively than most sailors, as my ship went to places the U.S. Navy never went, and we were always independent. So if anyone fell ill to a disease, they were in serious peril. And the Navy vaccinated us against everything they could possibly think of.

I saw guys faint, and I saw a couple suffer reactions, but I never once saw anyone refuse a vaccine. I never saw in in boot camp, nor in A school, nor in the fleet. Not once.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:05 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
As a Navy vet, I find this very doubtful at best and an outright lie at worst.
The military does not give its members a choice as to which vaccines they can take or not.
And in this all-volunteer military, the members who would quit over something like this have already quit and are long gone.

The use of its members as guinea pigs is a thing of the far distant past now, going all the way back to the pre-Vietnam draft era.
But even if our troops are still being used in medical experiments, that has nothing at all to do with the Covid vaccines; they have all undergone experiments and their results and side effects are all well known now.

It doesn't matter anyway, as the military's prime objective is to be combat ready, and that means vaccinated against disease. If an experimental vaccine was the only thing available for Covid, the troops would get it anyway.
..and the only way to avoid it would be to quit.
Quitting would result in the loss of all the benefits the military provides as well as the pay check. It isn't something that is taken lightly nowadays, especially since the troop demands have decreased so much as we withdraw from the Middle East.
If a soldier quits now, he's not going to be replaced, and he won't be encouraged to stay in, especially if he's so willing to disobey medical treatment.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but in a professional military, it would doubtful very many of our troops would throw away their career over a vaccination.
Personally, I was vaccinated more often and more extensively than most sailors, as my ship went to places the U.S. Navy never went, and we were always independent. So if anyone fell ill to a disease, they were in serious peril. And the Navy vaccinated us against everything they could possibly think of.

I saw guys faint, and I saw a couple suffer reactions, but I never once saw anyone refuse a vaccine. I never saw in in boot camp, nor in A school, nor in the fleet. Not once.
Why do you keep making stuff up?

Vietnam era? Try early 2000. I was one of the guinea pigs for the non-FDA approved anthrax vaccine when I was serving in the US Army in the early 2000

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...me-pilots-quit

Old 07-06-2021, 01:42 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why do you keep making stuff up?

Vietnam era? Try early 2000. I was one of the guinea pigs for the non-FDA approved anthrax vaccine when I was serving in the US Army in the early 2000

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...me-pilots-quit
Did you comprehend the report in its entirety? I just followed it from beginning to end.

Adverse affect can be - low grade temp to a few days of dry skin. Geesh. I swear to heavens this entire aversion to some medicinal aide that has more positive overall prevention then the temporary acclimation of the vaccine into the system is with in study range. Its Not like the 1256 troops dropped over dead within days.

Correct to the poster that said- Military are "Units" to the Defense Department. Not even recognized so much as humans as they are Units of assets in times of Recovery or Destruction. A commodity.
thus Why they have there own Little judicial system and Living/conduct Requirements. You pretty much DO sign over your life to the Defense.

My Brother is Retired Air Force. So to is his wife. Both are forever Military members even though they are not active. The Entire base recently had finished its stats on Innoculations. They are at 3% variance- Meaning 97% are on record for even the Covid shot. The base had zero resistance or retaliations by its enlisted. The Officers didn't quit . Well some did "retire" as that is standard after serving their years of tenure.Even they got the shots though.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Did you comprehend the report in its entirety? I just followed it from beginning to end.

Adverse affect can be - low grade temp to a few days of dry skin. Geesh. I swear to heavens this entire aversion to some medicinal aide that has more positive overall prevention then the temporary acclimation of the vaccine into the system is with in study range. Its Not like the 1256 troops dropped over dead within days.

Correct to the poster that said- Military are "Units" to the Defense Department. Not even recognized so much as humans as they are Units of assets in times of Recovery or Destruction. A commodity.
thus Why they have there own Little judicial system and Living/conduct Requirements. You pretty much DO sign over your life to the Defense.

My Brother is Retired Air Force. So to is his wife. Both are forever Military members even though they are not active. The Entire base recently had finished its stats on Innoculations. They are at 3% variance- Meaning 97% are on record for even the Covid shot. The base had zero resistance or retaliations by its enlisted. The Officers didn't quit . Well some did "retire" as that is standard after serving their years of tenure.Even they got the shots though.
Did I comprehend the report? Wtf??

How about I was the guinea pig for the non-approved anthrax vaccine? Does that count? How do you know about the secondary side effects after I got the anthrax vaccine? Are you my doctor from the VA? You think people have to be dead from the vaccine for it to cause a concern?

What do you care anyway when your skin isn’t in the game?

Last edited by Du Ma; 07-06-2021 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-06-2021, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

Please show me anything in writing that when you took an oath to join the military, you also made a promise to be guinea pig for new experimental drug or vaccine?

This case has been settled 18 years ago when the federal court ruled that US service members aren’t guinea pigs. You need to get that through your thick head

Old 07-06-2021, 02:32 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Did I comprehend the report? Wtf??

How about I was the guinea pig for the non-approved anthrax vaccine? Does that count? How do you know about the secondary side effects after I got the anthrax vaccine? Are you my doctor from the VA? You think people have to be dead from the vaccine for it to cause a concern?

What do you care anyway when your skin isn’t in the game?
What were the side effects, if I may ask. I'm having the covid vax. So far the effects have been exactly what was said I could expect. I fall into the majority category that is to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies