Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 11:53 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times

Advertisements

Dude likes burning money on lawsuits he's going to lose. But I suppose it feeds his delusional fantasy world view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 11:55 AM

238 posts, read 99,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's every troll's rationale. "They're silencing me because they can't handle the truth." But - they're not.

https://xkcd.com/1357/
Didn't click the link but I assume it's some more leftist BS...

... and I've got sent to FB jail for Trump posts I made OVER A YEAR AGO which further shows the political motivation.

FB is actually paying scrubs to troll profiles looking for Trump posts.

A couple weeks ago the FB fact checking police told me my post about Biden's America wasn't totally accurate... claiming the skyrocketing prices on everything from gas to lumber are due to the pandemic. Again... politically motivated.

Trump may not get anywhere with the lawsuit... but that doesn't change the fact that FB, Twitter etc... are no different than the MSM with their bias.

Last edited by FLcycler; 07-07-2021 at 12:04 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 11:57 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Gotta laugh at a couple of things:

the article states a press release on Thursday - um, it's Wednesday

the article states he is starting a class action suit - um, he can't, class action suits are created by the courts when there are a number of suits for the same thing

Old 07-07-2021, 12:01 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
It's not really about Trump himself, others have been banned. Merkel also expressed concern over twitter censorship. The Supreme Court needs to make a ruling on this. We have before us a new phenomenon of the social media becoming a public utility.
A public utility is essential to daily living and the delivery of the utility's service does not allow competition: landline phone, electricity, water, natural gas. Social media does not fit that bill.

Quote:
Another important issue here is the FCC Fairness Doctrine which was revoked and we've seen the degeneration of news reporting that ensued. Legislators need to take another look at this. People should approach this in the interest of truth and fairness, not partisanship. Also the lack of trust in the media has led to problems disseminating information in an emergency (eg pandemic).
Perhaps you should know what the Fairness Doctrine was and wasn't, and why it was enacted in the first place, before commenting. The Fairness Doctrine (which ended during the Reagan administration, by the way) applied only to broadcast television and radio, and applied only to local broadcast stations and not to networks such as CBS. The Fairness Doctrine did not regulate news reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
As usual, Trump is actually doing something to defend our freedoms.
As usual, Trump doesn't know which freedoms are guaranteed by the Constitution and which are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Are you serious? Democrats ENTIRE platform was get rid of the mean tweeter.
Isn't that the platform any time an incumbent is opposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
That’s not true and is just a over generalization. Private companies can’t ban people because of their race.
No, but they can ban people for violating terms of service, which is what happened to Trump.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:02 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
Didn't click the link but I assume it's some more leftist BS...

... and I've got sent to FB jail for Trump posts I made OVER A YEAR AGO which further shows the political motivation.

FB is actually paying scrubs to troll profiles looking for Trump posts.

A couple weeks ago the FB fact checking police told me my post about Biden's America wasn't totally accurate... claiming the skyrocketing prices on everything from gas to lumber are due to the pandemic. Again... politically motivated.

Trump may not get anywhere with the lawsuit... but that doesn't change the fact that FB, Twitter etc... are no different than the MSM with their bias.
As far as I am aware, virtually every time they try to cover up stories under the guise of stopping "misinformation," it eventually turns out that they narrative that they are promoting and anointed as "science" or "proven" turns out to be wrong, while the supposed "misinformation" has been "debunked" frequently turns out to be correct after all.

In other words, virtually every time they start censoring certain storylines, it is their narrative that they are promoting and protecting that turns out to actually be the "misinformation".

Old 07-07-2021, 12:03 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Dude likes burning money on lawsuits he's going to lose. But I suppose it feeds his delusional fantasy world view.
Problem is, it's usually someone else's money.
On the other hand, if his rube supporters wish to finance the petty grievances of an old man I'm not going to stand in their way...

Old 07-07-2021, 12:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Trump is still fighting for us and America. He's still standing up for us in fighting the lefties crap.
But how would you like it if leftist candidates stuck their campaign signs in your front yard? Hell, no. It's no different from Facebook and Twitter not appreciating what Trump posted on their webspace, so they removed him. How would you like if you got sued for removing campaign signs the leftists posted in your front yard? Not at all. I thought so.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
This is AWESOME!
Yeah, it would be really awesome if Leftists had the right to post their messages in your front yard on signs. Your home if at a busy street corner would be a prime space.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:08 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Gotta laugh at a couple of things:

the article states a press release on Thursday - um, it's Wednesday

the article states he is starting a class action suit - um, he can't, class action suits are created by the courts when there are a number of suits for the same thing
Anyone can file a class action lawsuit, so long as there is a "class" to be represented.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:09 PM

956 posts, read 1,208,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Do you think Trump is reading this thread? You often direct messages TO him as if he's reading your words. I can assure you that he can barely read. And if he could, he still wouldn't.
Trump has contempt for his own base. He sees his people as a piggybank and fuel feeding his narcissism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies