Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 06:03 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It seems they don't need to change Constitution, just enforce it, as written ...

A Landmark Civil Rights Lawsuit

Private litigation against critical race theory in Evanston public schools is necessary because the Biden administration won't enforce federal law as written.

"The facts of the case are not much in dispute. They were investigated by OCR, which, in January, under the Trump administration, found that “the District engaged in intentional race discrimination by coordinating and conducting racially exclusive affinity groups,” that “the District appears to have deliberately singled out students and other individuals by their race, in order to reduce them to a set of racial stereotypes,” that “the District’s Policy to apparently impose racial discrimination in discipline has no part in federally funded education programs or activities,” and that the district’s “privilege” activities “may have created a racially hostile environment.”"

I like research so I kept digging ...

Federal Lawsuits Say Antiracism and Critical Race Theory in Schools Violate Constitution

"The suit alleges the district’s policies violate the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of equal protection and Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination by race, color or national origin in public schools."

Critical Race Theory Collides with the Law

"As school districts continue to infuse critical race theory into their curricula, they might confront another obstacle: the law."

Those that thought bringing CRT out of college and into grades K-12, should have rethought that idea ...
This is what they had to do to get past the colorblind aspects of our constitution. You’ll never get enough voters to get enough states to change the constitution without a massive indoctrination campaign. Even then it will take decades. IOWs a “long march through the institutions.” If you control what people learn you control the way they vote and their politics. That was the goal of CRT from the get-go. If you read that any many other accounts of CRT’s reason for being and goals they make it clear it is to change our political and economic system. In Critical Race Studies by Crenshaw she even talk about how the conservatives always have the same arguments:

Quote:
Of course, we really are not alone in being targeted in all this hysteria. This reaction has the contours of all other baiting campaigns, including its implicit disciplining of liberals for having allowed us into the legal academy in the first place--evidence of their lack of resolve. It's all of a piece, a new line in an old chorus: "Liberals are soft on communism, soft on crime, soft on Crits, soft on RaceCrits." Ultimately, it may not matter that in some ways we may be in the trenches with liberals as targets of a conservative assault. First, some liberals have joined the fray, as evidenced by Beyond All Reason. [FN40] And the jury truly is out on the question of whether we can count on our colleagues more broadly for support as the heat turns up. If the institutional reaction to resegregating policies in California, Texas and Washington is any indication, the road ahead may be bumpy indeed. [FN41]
http://www2.law.columbia.edu/fagan/c...ing%20Door.pdf

That’s as close as you get from Crenshaw admitting they’re collectivist with all that I’ve read from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 06:22 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
The vast majority of millionaires or even billionaires in America are self-made.

This is why nobody believes in the sob stories about why a person can’t become successful in America because their long dead ancestors were once slaves.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Read this article about an 'equity survey' being given to fourth graders with the teacher telling students not to share the questions with their parents. The survey was created by The Equity Alliance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-survey.html

https://theequityalliance.org/

Old 07-28-2021, 11:41 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
If "teaching the true history of black and white race relations in America" is important, then teaching the current state of black and white race relations in the year 2021 must also happen.

If lynchings, slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation must be taught and made clear as having happened (for they all did - they are, after all, historical facts), then the statistics of crime as per the FBI's annual Crime In the United States report, which show that blacks victimize whites far more often than whites victimize blacks, must likewise be taught and publicized.
This is a thinly veiled "what about what black people do?" response. And guess what, THAT'S OKAY. Black people have heard any and everything bad you can say about a group of people. We'll be fine hearing about it. You all are the ones crying because you want to erase white people from the bad side of history. At the end of the day, when you teach the truth about what whites have done to blacks, when you get around to 2021, everything will be explained. Like i've said before, yall want to start black history at 1970 or something. It's laughable. Yall want these huge redacted textbook passages. Martin Luther King Jr will somehow exist in magical realm where no context exists. LOL

Old 07-28-2021, 11:49 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CRT is about our nation's history.

I thought those on the right were big on preserving history.

No?
this is a lie. you should not believe crazy stuff.

read it.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:53 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
This is a thinly veiled "what about what black people do?" response. And guess what, THAT'S OKAY. Black people have heard any and everything bad you can say about a group of people. We'll be fine hearing about it. You all are the ones crying because you want to erase white people from the bad side of history. At the end of the day, when you teach the truth about what whites have done to blacks, when you get around to 2021, everything will be explained. Like i've said before, yall want to start black history at 1970 or something. It's laughable. Yall want these huge redacted textbook passages. Martin Luther King Jr will somehow exist in magical realm where no context exists. LOL
i dont want to erase anything from history. i want the whole story told.

CRT is as bad (READ THAT) AS BAD as the people who want to pretend that America has never been racist.

you want to do history, lets do it. warts and all. but CRT doesnt do that. CRT is simply the very far lefts most recent attempt to balkanize and demonize.

supporters of CRT do so from a position of ignorance, evil or a misguided trust in evil people.

there are no other options.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:56 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It seems they don't need to change Constitution, just enforce it, as written ...

A Landmark Civil Rights Lawsuit

Private litigation against critical race theory in Evanston public schools is necessary because the Biden administration won't enforce federal law as written.

"The facts of the case are not much in dispute. They were investigated by OCR, which, in January, under the Trump administration, found that “the District engaged in intentional race discrimination by coordinating and conducting racially exclusive affinity groups,” that “the District appears to have deliberately singled out students and other individuals by their race, in order to reduce them to a set of racial stereotypes,” that “the District’s Policy to apparently impose racial discrimination in discipline has no part in federally funded education programs or activities,” and that the district’s “privilege” activities “may have created a racially hostile environment.”"

I like research so I kept digging ...

Federal Lawsuits Say Antiracism and Critical Race Theory in Schools Violate Constitution

"The suit alleges the district’s policies violate the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of equal protection and Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination by race, color or national origin in public schools."

Critical Race Theory Collides with the Law

"As school districts continue to infuse critical race theory into their curricula, they might confront another obstacle: the law."

Those that thought bringing CRT out of college and into grades K-12, should have rethought that idea ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is what they had to do to get past the colorblind aspects of our constitution. You’ll never get enough voters to get enough states to change the constitution without a massive indoctrination campaign. Even then it will take decades. IOWs a “long march through the institutions.” If you control what people learn you control the way they vote and their politics. That was the goal of CRT from the get-go. If you read that any many other accounts of CRT’s reason for being and goals they make it clear it is to change our political and economic system. In Critical Race Studies by Crenshaw she even talk about how the conservatives always have the same arguments:

http://www2.law.columbia.edu/fagan/c...ing%20Door.pdf

That’s as close as you get from Crenshaw admitting they’re collectivist with all that I’ve read from her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is what they had to do to get past the colorblind aspects of our constitution.
I'm confused here ---- they had to get past the 14th Amendment? Or they have to apply it in a court of law along with arguments of violation.

Let me tell you what Crenshaw didn't --- you can not tell black people they were not liberated in America after centuries of telling them they were. Well, you can, but not without consequences. That's the not so conservative argument Crenshaw missed. People are complicated, imagine that.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:06 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i dont want to erase anything from history. i want the whole story told.

CRT is as bad (READ THAT) AS BAD as the people who want to pretend that America has never been racist.

you want to do history, lets do it. warts and all. but CRT doesnt do that. CRT is simply the very far lefts most recent attempt to balkanize and demonize.

supporters of CRT do so from a position of ignorance, evil or a misguided trust in evil people.

there are no other options.
here's the thing, i agree with you about "CRT", the actual "CRT" not being directly about white-washing history. the thing is when some people here and in other places debate "CRT" they just mean they don't want whites looking bad throughout history because it would explain alot of the current black condition in America.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:16 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Actually, that's not it at all - you are incorrect.

I have never previously opposed nor do I now oppose the teaching of the ways in which Americans of African ancestry were maltreated. I have no opposition to the teaching of:
- The Trans-Atlantic Trade
- Slave codes
- Jim Crow/Black codes
- Lynching of black Americans

What was done to black Americans, whether in the early 18th Century or in 1850 or in 1955, was horrible. The pain, fear, hearbreak, and anguish African men and women experienced as they were chained, placed into ships, sent to a foreign land, and forced to work... I cannot imagine that absolute, raw, and immeasurable horror.

If those African men and women were alive today, they should receive some form of compensation, and a large-scale one. If those Africans who made deals with Europeans to have fellow Africans shipped as slaves were alive, they should be harshly punished, as should the European slave traders.

If the whites who lynched blacks were alive, they should be made to suffer, and that suffering should end with the death penalty.

But as you and I know, those people are all dead now. That can't be changed, and what was done to blacks can't be changed either.

If anything, "erasing" has been happening whenever and wherever leftists had their way. Taking down statues, for example. That's not going to change what happened 100, 150, 200, 300 years ago.

But if you wish to speak about ugly things that have happened in history, then let's look at what's happening now. The events of our time will be the history of the future. The election of President Trump. The terrorist BLM/Antifa riots of 2020. And so forth.

I was an adult when 9/11 happened. I was an adult when the Oklahoma City bombing happened. I was a young adult when Saddam Hussein was kicked out of Kuwait. Those were "current events" when they happened but today they are in history books.

The criminality perpetrated by members of the black underclass target blacks and other races. This is U.S. history happening right now. It's part of what's happening in this country as time goes on.

If you want history taught in wholeness, then look not only at that which was done to the group you are a part of. The true student of history must be willing to face historical facts which can provoke discomfort and unease. That applies to the history of all countries and it applies to students of history of all races.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Read this article about an 'equity survey' being given to fourth graders with the teacher telling students not to share the questions with their parents. The survey was created by The Equity Alliance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-survey.html

https://theequityalliance.org/
Politics does not belong in schools. The Equity Alliance, should know better.

It's been awhile since my kids were in school and my daughter home schools the grand kids --- but I remember this test, just not what it's called. I remember it being a very important test to the school. If the kids do well on the test as it's reported to the State, it helps the schools ranking? or something. idk, I'm just wondering if the schools have given any thought as to taking time from the students to learn this CRT, how that will effect that all important test and the scores.

I know it is an important test to the schools, because my daughter was home sick one time on the day this test was to be given, and the school's principal tracked me down at work, to inform me she couldn't miss school that day. It seems her scoring on the test would help the school's average and ranking status, they couldn't afford for her to miss it.

It seems to me that this CRT training may be in conflict to school goals.

The other thing I want to comment on here is something in the article, something Trump said ... "'They should be focused on defeating America's enemies and winning our future wars. Hopefully, we don't have them, but if we do, we have to win them.' "

imo, Americans are board with their lives, Americans need conflict, even if they have to make one up, to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies