Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 11:09 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times

Advertisements

Because of wide open borders, we have people here from very primitive cultures all over the world. Some cultures believe in infanticide, so I guess we should cut them a little slack when they are here, huh?

Or, here is a novel idea, how about abiding by the rules of the country you live in? Americans living abroad must abide by local laws. Is it a case of 'different strokes for different folks?'

See, when you emigrate to the US LEGALLY you learn all about our laws and customs so you can assimilate. United we stand, divided we fall.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:18 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
It's not culture, it's economics.

In the United States, in 1880 the age of consent was 10 years old in most states.
This hasn't changed as much as you think, at least not everywhere. In the State of Massachusetts, as long as parental consent is given, girls can marry at age 12, while boys will have to wait until they're 14. This creates a weird tangle of things, since the age of consent is 18 and the cutoff for statutory rape is 16 years old. So if a 12 year old girl is married and her new husband has sex with her, is that illegal?

The Massachusetts laws are no doubt antiquated laws that were left on the books. Laws that nobody has bothered to eliminate yet. California is another animal entirely. The age of consent in California is theoretically as low as age 8, all based on laws that passed without the last couple years.

I suppose that's the Democrat solution for pedos impregnating little girls and raping little boys: Just make it legal.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:22 AM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The baby.

The families of both were happy for them and threw a baby shower for them, which both posted to their FB Accounts.
There we have it. middle-aged mom is ok with statutory rape.. especially if the family is ok with it.
And we wonder whats wrong with this country

Old 07-22-2021, 11:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This hasn't changed as much as you think, at least not everywhere. In the State of Massachusetts, as long as parental consent is given, girls can marry at age 12, while boys will have to wait until they're 14. This creates a weird tangle of things, since the age of consent is 18 and the cutoff for statutory rape is 16 years old. So if a 12 year old girl is married and her new husband has sex with her, is that illegal?

The Massachusetts laws are no doubt antiquated laws that were left on the books. Laws that nobody has bothered to eliminate yet. California is another animal entirely. The age of consent in California is theoretically as low as age 8, all based on laws that passed without the last couple years.

I suppose that's the Democrat solution for pedos impregnating little girls and raping little boys: Just make it legal.
Because these laws area still on the books does not mean it is a common practice. How many 12 year old girls legally married in Massachusetts?

Old 07-22-2021, 11:33 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do tell how it is economics and explain how what was law in 1880 is relevant to what is law in 2021.
I didn't say what was law in 1880 is relevant to what is law in 2021. In fact I was saying it is NOT relevant now because our society has changed. But other societies are different from us today. For example, in some African countries the age of consent is still very young.

Economics affects the age of consent. In poor, rural societies where people die early, and more farmhands are needed to work the fields, people have children earlier. In our society today, people are not having children until 30's because these days it takes a long time to become financially established to raise a family.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I didn't say what was law in 1880 is relevant to what is law in 2021. In fact I was saying it is NOT relevant now because our society has changed. But other societies are different from us today. For example, in some African countries the age of consent is still very young.

Economics affects the age of consent. In poor, rural societies where people die early, and more farmhands are needed to work the fields, people have children earlier. In our society today, people are not having children until 30's because these days it takes a long time to become financially established to raise a family.
That was an odd way of saying that.
This is an Oklahoma man in 2021.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:50 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,860,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You just dont understand culture. See, this is part of our new heritage introduced by our vibrant new community members. Get with it already, puritans omg smh Diversity is our strength.
Here we go. Incest and sex with minors is a problem in America because of….multiculturalism? I’ll keep that in mind as I follow the Matt Gaetz case or think about Jerry Sandusky, or Epstein and all his wealthy and powerful American buddies. Or the Catholic Church and all the American priests who regularly assaulted young boys and girls with impunity.

Sex with minors, including incest, is a problem that exists in every community. It’s an awful thing, so I can see why one might want to pretend it’s only something that “others” do, but when there are examples of this kind of behavior being committed regularly by men and women of all races and cultures, it’s very strange to watch a group of people single out one perpetrator for their race and immigration status.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:18 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
That guy does not look like he is from Oklahoma.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I cant speak to the entire Hispanic or Mexican community but when my brother was an officer in our small, rural town inundated with illegal's to work for its main employer a Tyson chicken plant he noted that it was not uncommon (as he had gone to several calls) for underage girls, even as young as 12, to be having sex with adult men with their parent or guardian's knowledge and consent.
Not saying all families felt it was ok, but enough did to make you wonder if it is a cultural thing.

This 12 year, if she is illegal, now has her anchor baby. And the rapist daddy too if he is not prosecuted/jailed.
I completely agree. This is a cultural norm, that when the girl starts puberty she's eligible to have sexual relationships, and this man probably literally didn't know what he was doing was illegal in the US. What often happens is once they pair up (a 13 year old girl and a 26 year old man) they move to Mexico until she is of age, and then they move back. Still a couple, often with a couple kids by that time. And they stay together.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:27 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Here we go. Incest and sex with minors is a problem in America because of….multiculturalism? I’ll keep that in mind as I follow the Matt Gaetz case or think about Jerry Sandusky, or Epstein and all his wealthy and powerful American buddies. Or the Catholic Church and all the American priests who regularly assaulted young boys and girls with impunity.

Sex with minors, including incest, is a problem that exists in every community. It’s an awful thing, so I can see why one might want to pretend it’s only something that “others” do, but when there are examples of this kind of behavior being committed regularly by men and women of all races and cultures, it’s very strange to watch a group of people single out one perpetrator for their race and immigration status.
Its a crime here. In other countries its the norm. Get with it. But youre ok with these cultures norms, because diversity rules!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies