Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 06:26 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Abortion would be much less necessary if we had proper sex education in this country and free contraceptives.
That's just flat out wrong. Note the irony in the following...

Black women have the highest abortion rate, followed by Hispanic women. Both are multiple times higher than white women's abortion rate. A big reason for that is they refuse to use contraception. And why is that? This survey revealed a very eye-opening reason. Fully 1/3 of the respondents in this study believe that the government pushes free birth control as a means of deliberately limiting the size of minority populations. They view the government pushing birth control on them (in the form of taxpayer-funded contraceptive services, meds, and devices) as racism:

Although Most Unmarried Young Adults Want to Avoid Pregnancy, Many Don't Use Contraception

So, Black and Hispanic women refuse to use contraception as they perceive it (and correctly so as Planned Parenthood was specifically founded to reduce minority populations) as race-based oppression, but then as a consequence have abortion rates that are multiple times that of white women. You can't fix stupid. /smh

Old 07-24-2021, 06:39 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
In this day and age with all the means available to prevent pregnancy including the morning after pill, it is totally lack of responsibility to have "an accident." To some abortion is a way of life, the same as having numerous children but numerous people. The dependence on the government and lack of respect and responsibility for themselves is something that no court of law can determine.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:47 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Abortion would be much less necessary if we had proper sex education in this country and free contraceptives. "Abstinence only" simply doesn't work. There's a reason that the actual number of abortions statistically increase under GOP administrations.

It could work. But then every subforum on CD would be clogged with threads by men complaining about "frigid women" not putting out.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:00 AM

19,221 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
It could work. But then every subforum on CD would be clogged with threads by men complaining about "frigid women" not putting out.
That would be a change from all the post where woman are complaining that their men aren't satisfying them, that they don't care, that all they think of is ...

Old 07-24-2021, 11:44 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The subject that never goes away
Exactly! A private medical procedure shouldn't be a political issue!

Old 07-24-2021, 11:59 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
That would be a change from all the post where woman are complaining that their men aren't satisfying them, that they don't care, that all they think of is ...

Touche!

Old 07-24-2021, 01:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
It's about states having the power and not the Federal government. This is what we were founded on.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:57 PM

41,972 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Why should I have that choice regarding my unborn child in my wife's womb?
You don't. But your wife does. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Too many people concerned with what other people are doing or saying.
Too many people forcing their religion on others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Imagine telling a man that his body is going to be taken over against his will, it will destroy certain parts of him, and he has no choice but to be forced to do it anyway.
It would never happen. Men would move heaven and earth to prevent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Or do they know that abortion is an easy way out so they make no attempt at preventing pregnancy? I think we all know the answer to that question, but it sort of torpedoes the entire pro-abortion platform, doesn't it?
Your opinion of women is pretty low, I see. I would place an awful lot of money backing the fact that most women don't go into a physical relationship thinking "Oh, what the hell. I can always get an abortion." Nobody wants to get an abortion.

And the correct phrase is pro-choice. Learn it. Use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
1) Every single mother-to-be I've ever known considers her unborn child to be alive. What do you call the life state of a baby? It's either dead or alive.
Have you ever known a mother-to-be that didn't want the baby? Has your best friend from high school ever confessed to you 20 years later that she had an abortion at 17, and why? Have you ever met a woman who was abused by her husband, forced to have sex, and became pregnant?

Have you ever been pregnant yourself?

Quote:
2) Have you ever known someone who's suffered the tragedy of a miscarriage? Why would they grieve over something that isn't alive? You are one seriously hard-hearted person.
You seriously don't know what the hell you're talking about. You don't know me, or what I've experienced. What an ignorant, misogynistic question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The fact that you continue to present yourself as an authority on this because you have a wife who gave birth is beyond laughable. And this is precisely why no men should ever be in charge of making laws that affect women, and only women. Let us decide what is good for our bodies and we will leave you to do the same with yours.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Exactly! A private medical procedure shouldn't be a political issue!
A private medical procedure that should be between a woman and her physician, and perhaps her family. Certainly not the arm of any state or federal government, nor any religious zealots forcing their beliefs on others.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:59 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's about states having the power and not the Federal government. This is what we were founded on.
And we kind of had a Civil War along those lines that resulted in over 600K deaths which would be the equivalent of 6 to 7 million deaths today. I don't like abortion and I support efforts that would minimize the need for and number of abortions in this country.

Now politically Roe V Wade has benefitted the GOP by galvanizing the Evangelical vote in the so called culture wars.....I believe the opposite would hold true if it were to be overturned....it would become a galvanizing force for women to align with the DNC and turn out the vote. This is something many in the GOP have admitted to over the years.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Neither the state nor the federal government has a right to decide on medical procedures for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies