Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 07:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Ridiculous.
The biased source that won’t admit most unvaccinated are democrat black and brown people, with huge populations in the south.
Why bother posting.
Why did I bother responding.

It makes no sense to attribute dismal vaccination rates in say ND, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho to black and brown people.

Texas A&M Survey concluded black people, women and conservatives are among those most opposed to vaccine.

Alabama has been in last place in terms of a fully vaccinated adult population for weeks. Even if every black and brown person chose not to vaccinate, it would not explain why 2/3 of the population is not fully vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 07:25 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wow propaganda from the mainstream media is effective.

Republicans that watch Fox News 54% vaccinated.

Hispanics 41%.

Millenials 41%.

Blacks 34%.

Polling that heavily underpolls Blacks, Hispanics, and millennials to inflate the Democrats vaccination rates and it is all FoxNews Republican fault.

Throw in lies that FoxNews just recently flipped to pro-vaccine.
Facts have no power here, you're dealing with a leftist. And not just ANY leftist, but one that actually uses Salon as a source! I really doubt you'll sway them with the truth.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:27 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.salon.com/2021/08/03/the...is-backfiring/

Link to poll: https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-po...c94361d92.html

This is a fascinating analysis on the GOP strategy to sabotage Biden’s vaccine rollout (and really, American public health). In short: they failed, and not just a simple fail, but a spectacularly disastrous, flaming ball of fail.

Remember the attendees at a CPAC who applauded the news of America not reaching the 70% vaccinated goal recently? Those vile creatures thought America would blame Biden.

Well, well, well, turns out America blames the unvaccinated, Trump, and conservative media for the surge and for roadblocks to keeping Americans healthy.

I wish I could say told you so, but our friends and colleagues on the other side of the aisle never listen and learn.
Salon? lol

Fact is, the demographic with the lowest vaccination rate are blacks, followed by Hispanics, which are two non-Trump loving, Democratic heavy groups.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:28 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Half the people are stupider than the other half. So of course they will believe what the television/CNN tells them to think. Even the smarter kind of American relies heavily on television to program them/tell them what to think.
How would people believing everything FOX tells them be different?

Old 08-03-2021, 07:33 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Covid-19 has proven itself to be so mutable that it can possibly outrun herd immunity.

It may be the super-virus all mankind has worried about ever since the Spanish Flu threatened us with extinction the last time.

It has long been thought that 70% immunity to any virus was enough protection to bring herd immunity, the condition where a virus cannot survive because there is so few food sources available to it.
I'm sure that if we continue to be vaccinated, herd immunity will be reached eventually. It may require 80% to 90% vaccination rate to achieve herd immunity.

Every new victim teaches the Covid virus which variant works and which fails. Never forget that Delta is still Covid-19. All variants have the same potential lethality, as they are all essentially the same virus.

Now, I'm wondering if Covid can ever be eliminated into extinction like smallpox was. We all thought this was going to be a 500-yard dash, but it looks like it's turning into 500-mile marathon now.

We are extremely lucky we have the expertise and production facilities here. We have plenty of vaccine, and most of the world still doesn't have enough. Getting a booster shot is far less serious than watching everyone around you falling ill or dying.
All evidence points to the Delta Variant being more transmissible and less deadly so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Maybe go read some studies. This virus is not getting more deadly with each new variant, probably because the people most vulnerable to it already got vaccinated. As much as people push for vaccines they always forget to mention that the people who would have the worst outcomes with Covid already got the vaccine.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:38 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what is this fascination with using immigration or “my body my choice” as the go to arguments when discussing vaccinations?

Its like you guys can’t go a day without using the same 2 hot button topics to distract from the larger issue at hand.

So no opinion, just criticism of the question?

Old 08-03-2021, 07:41 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I went through nationwide polio vaccine. I went through nationwide smallpox vaccine. True I was young but I remember zero resistance to people being vaccinated. As a result, very few people if any suffer from these diseases today.

This whole anti-vax population has gotten completely swayed by lies, misinformation and conspiracies flamed by ignorance and the Trump administration.

Well, they are paying the price now and unfortunately dragging others down with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I didn't even grow up in that era and I miss that part about it. And it's not as if everyone held the same political beliefs back then either.

Some things certainly weren't good during that time, which are issues for another thread. But it was very different, in a good way when it comes to this kind of cooperation among basically everyone wanting to see those terrible diseases ending and wanting to work together to make that happen, compared to what exists now.
If Covid affected young people like Polio or Smallpox did, you could damn sure bet people of all ages would be lining up to get the jab for themselves and their children. As it is, the people most vulnerable to Covid DID line up to get the jab. Can’t people understand that there are a lot of young people who don’t want an experimental vaccine when side effects could be worse than the actual virus?

Old 08-03-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I went through nationwide polio vaccine. I went through nationwide smallpox vaccine. True I was young but I remember zero resistance to people being vaccinated. As a result, very few people if any suffer from these diseases today.

This whole anti-vax population has gotten completely swayed by lies, misinformation and conspiracies flamed by ignorance and the Trump administration.

Well, they are paying the price now and unfortunately dragging others down with them.
Polio impacted mostly children and young people. Most parents did not want to risk potentially crippling their children or the iron lung thing.

The Polio vaccine was trialed in the US for one year before approval. The depth and breadth of clinical trials in 1954 were insignificant compared to Covid vaccines.

As of last week, 4.14 billion doses of Covid vaccine had been administered.

The power of the 24/7 news cycle, internet and social media enables information and misinformation to spread like wildfire.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
How would people believing everything FOX tells them be different?
Not everyone at Fox pushed an anti- Vax narrative. 2/3 prime time celebrities did. Hannity was in a tough spot given his historical gushing over Trump’s role in making Operation Warp Seed happen.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Salon? lol

Fact is, the demographic with the lowest vaccination rate are blacks, followed by Hispanics, which are two non-Trump loving, Democratic heavy groups.
Those are also people who can be convinced to get it and we are starting to see that now with vaccination rates rising in all 50 states.

Most of the people dead set against the vaccine for ideological reasons are evangelical Christian Republicans who watch Fox News or even worse, get their news primarily from Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies