Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 08:41 PM

1,964 posts, read 705,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
It wouldnt of been pretty if Trump would have stayed in office. This pull out all started with him. Even many Republicans were behind him on it. Now Biden has inherited it. The same Republicans that were behind Trump with the pullout, are all against Biden doing it. Trump lost get over it. Back anybody that wants to get people home. Two trillion dollars wasted, and about 2450 solders and 3800 US contractors dead. End it.
I don't know, but this kind of straw man stuff is so stupid. No one is saying US should stay. Just Biden wants his pull-out plan to be the money shot, but it ends up with erectile dysfunction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 08:41 PM

2,331 posts, read 1,035,477 times
This is what happens when a senile child molesting groper and an affirmative action pick trying to be the next Obama run the country.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:51 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,936 times
Biden reports today, everything is SNAFU!!!

Old 08-24-2021, 09:12 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,915,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
You don't get it, I think it was the right decision to get out. But as I said it was never going to be pretty, and the deal in place + the spectacular failure of our intelligence agencies predictions did not make it a bit prettier. The collapse was ongoing, what was there to do , forget the deal, and do another surge?
This has been explained to you 100 times, you understand the truth, you just want to argue... We've heard all of your phony arguments, until you can come up with a reasonable argument, of which ther are none, keep your fingers away from the keyboard and give us a breek...

Old 08-24-2021, 09:14 PM

24,681 posts, read 9,493,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
It wouldnt of been pretty if Trump would have stayed in office.
Trump is enjoying a 6 figure presidential pension paid by your taxes.

Knowing Biden fumbled this withdrawal, there is nothing Trump would’ve changed. It actually vindicates Trump because his presidency doesn’t look as bad as Biden’s.

Biden reversed every Trump policy, except Afghanistan, and now gets to enjoy the backlash for doing so. Biden wanted full credit for something Trump initiated, but didn’t have the brains or foresight to pull it off. So now it’s “Trumps fault” despite Biden ignoring his advisors who didn’t want the withdrawal.

Biden was elected to reverse Trump policies, not to continue them.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
No different than I did last November. I don't like what has happened in Afghanistan, but I hated the Trump Presidency.
Not everyone is going to enjoy having the best president in generations so you don't have to like Trump. He MAGA and made your life so much better. YOu must have slept through his four years.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:15 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Andrea Mitchell excoriating Biden on MSNBC right now. Pretty tough talk on Brian Williams tonight, so far.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Notice that the closer Biden's evacuation operation comes to a successful end on schedule the attacks on him become more virulent? Face it Afghanistan is safer than Chicago for Americans.
There is NOTHING even close to being successful about pedo Joe's evacuation, it's a huge cluster flock and you know it.

20,757 posts, read 8,603,765 times
Beijing Buydone could be charged with treason and being an enemy combatant for putting American interests and lives in danger. He went against his own military and intelligence advisors.

Is he taking orders from China? They gave the Buydone crime family over a billion dollars worth of bribes via money laundering son Hunter. Only our enemies benefit from this disastrous surrender.

Death penalty. No deals!

8,638 posts, read 10,169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What bugs me more and more is 20 years of effort to control Al Quaeda/Taliban is lost. Military and CIA advised against a withdrawal. Mattis and McMaster advised against it, quit over the decision. Complete withdrawal is a terrible decision by both Trump and Biden. Biden was so set on getting out of there he's totally botched the withdrawal. This was one Trump decision Biden needed to reverse, regardless of his campaign promises. More I think about it, we should have kept an small force there indefinitely as we have done in other areas of the world. The withdrawal regardless of under whose watch it takes place will prove to be catastrophic on a world stage, give new life to the terrorists, and is truly sickening if one really thinks about it. It should never have happened. Biden talks about our keeping a close watch on future terrorist activity from afar. I doubt that will work well.

Interesting the only fat people in Afghanisan are the Mullahs in the Taliban. Notice the people on the street, the people boarding US planes, Taliban solders who are very fit. They are all skinny. Here and there might be an older woman a bit heavier, but we see no obesity which is so prevalent in the US.

Not one of the Taliban leadership in that picture could walk half a mile. Seems to me the Taliban fighters need to set up a fat farm for its leadership.
The media helped to create the 'forever war' narrative. Afghanistan was an intelligence outpost in a unstable region that we needed troops to guard in order to prevent another 9/11 from occurring and help keep a lid on the instability. We didn't need a complete withdrawal. Biden's claim of over the horizon capabilities is fake. DOD and the State Dept. are still in discussions to determine what the nature of that capability will be. We have no bases now in the country where we can have intelligence, drone capabilities, nor partners or contractors on the ground in Afghanistan providing support to their security forces and air force. Kirby states we are actively working on ways in which that contract support can be done remotely or virtually or even physically outside the country. Yet, unless we are using those mystical UFOs, I'm not sure how that is going to come to fruition and I question whether or not the DOD and State Dept. have a clue either.

Last edited by AZLiam; 08-24-2021 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies