Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 07:52 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
It wouldnt of been pretty if Trump would have stayed in office.
The old coulda woulda shoulda argument again. Thiis was Bidens withdraw plan, not Trump's.

BIDEN OWNS IT, lock stock and barrel. Nothing to debate here, but more excuses, to cover Biden’s @#$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 07:57 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
It wouldnt of been pretty if Trump would have stayed in office. This pull out all started with him. Even many Republicans were behind him on it. Now Biden has inherited it. The same Republicans that were behind Trump with the pullout, are all against Biden doing it. Trump lost get over it. Back anybody that wants to get people home. Two trillion dollars wasted, and about 2450 solders and 3800 US contractors dead. End it.

How long has biden had the chance to change trumps policies? Are you saying biden kept tump policies?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How long has biden had the chance to change trumps policies? Are you saying biden kept tump policies?
Biden only started reversing Trump's policies his first day in office, so it's not like he wasn't in a hurry or anything.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:05 PM

I swear I thought I was seeing this on Babylon Bee or The Onion, but it's real.

Attached Thumbnails
Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal having devastating impact-imageedit_4_8544561723.jpg  

Old 08-24-2021, 08:18 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
ISIS readying to attack innocent Americans at the airport.

These deaths will be on Biden.
Empower one enemy and you empower them all. Betray one ally, you betray them all.

Redemption is a long road.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:24 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
It wouldnt of been pretty if Trump would have stayed in office. This pull out all started with him. Even many Republicans were behind him on it. Now Biden has inherited it. The same Republicans that were behind Trump with the pullout, are all against Biden doing it. Trump lost get over it. Back anybody that wants to get people home. Two trillion dollars wasted, and about 2450 solders and 3800 US contractors dead. End it.
What bugs me more and more is 20 years of effort to control Al Quaeda/Taliban is lost. Military and CIA advised against a withdrawal. Mattis and McMaster advised against it, quit over the decision. Complete withdrawal is a terrible decision by both Trump and Biden. Biden was so set on getting out of there he's totally botched the withdrawal. This was one Trump decision Biden needed to reverse, regardless of his campaign promises. More I think about it, we should have kept an small force there indefinitely as we have done in other areas of the world. The withdrawal regardless of under whose watch it takes place will prove to be catastrophic on a world stage, give new life to the terrorists, and is truly sickening if one really thinks about it. It should never have happened. Biden talks about our keeping a close watch on future terrorist activity from afar. I doubt that will work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I swear I thought I was seeing this on Babylon Bee or The Onion, but it's real.
Interesting the only fat people in Afghanisan are the Mullahs in the Taliban. Notice the people on the street, the people boarding US planes, Taliban solders who are very fit. They are all skinny. Here and there might be an older woman a bit heavier, but we see no obesity which is so prevalent in the US.

Not one of the Taliban leadership in that picture could walk half a mile. Seems to me the Taliban fighters need to set up a fat farm for its leadership.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:31 PM

8,153 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What bugs me more and more is 20 years of effort to control Al Quaeda/Taliban is lost. Military and CIA advised against a withdrawal. Mattis and McMaster advised against it, as did CIA. Terrible decision by both Trump and Biden. Biden was so set on getting out of there he's totally botched the withdrawal. This was one Trump decision that needed to be reversed. More I think about it, we should have kept an small force there indefinitely as we have done in other areas of the world. The withdrawal regardless of under whose watch it takes place will prove to be catastrophic on a world stage, give new life to the terrorists, and is truly sickening if one really thinks about it. It should never have happened. Biden talks about our keeping a close watch on future terrorist activity from afar. I doubt that will work well.

Interesting the only fat people in Afghanisan are the Mullahs in the Taliban. Notice the people on the street, the people boarding US planes, even Taliban solders. They are all skinny. Here and there might be an older woman a bit heavier, but we see no obesity which is so prevalent in the US.

Not one of the Taliban leadership in that picture could walk half a mile. Seems to me the Taliban fighters need to set up a fat farm for its leadership.
Lol, we should have been out of there long time ago. I'm so tired of warmongers.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:35 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol, we should have been out of there long time ago. I'm so tired of warmongers.
Sorry, you are still not getting it.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
I'm not a warmonger, but Al Quaeda and ISIS are. We went in there to decimate Al Quaeda. They now have a new life. A small force to keep a lid on things such as we've done in Iraq seems in order.

Serious question - exactly what should we do going forward when Al Quaeda and ISIS regroup? What is the solution to keep these people away from us if we have no one on the ground over there?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What bugs me more and more is 20 years of effort to control Al Quaeda/Taliban is lost. Military and CIA advised against a withdrawal. Mattis and McMaster advised against it, quit over the decision. Complete withdrawal is a terrible decision by both Trump and Biden. Biden was so set on getting out of there he's totally botched the withdrawal. This was one Trump decision Biden needed to reverse, regardless of his campaign promises. More I think about it, we should have kept an small force there indefinitely as we have done in other areas of the world. The withdrawal regardless of under whose watch it takes place will prove to be catastrophic on a world stage, give new life to the terrorists, and is truly sickening if one really thinks about it. It should never have happened. Biden talks about our keeping a close watch on future terrorist activity from afar. I doubt that will work well.

Interesting the only fat people in Afghanisan are the Mullahs in the Taliban. Notice the people on the street, the people boarding US planes, Taliban solders who are very fit. They are all skinny. Here and there might be an older woman a bit heavier, but we see no obesity which is so prevalent in the US.

Maybe we should have sent Richard Simmons when we sent the initial troops 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies