Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 10:10 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

Ivermectin stops Covid in its tracks. Its safe and effective and the vaxx makers just want the $$$$$ they can get out of those who get bamboozled into getting them.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:11 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
When I look for medical advice I don't look to a politician, I talk to my doctor and quite frankly I don't know or care what his political stance is.

But does this work both ways, or does your stance only apply when someone chooses not to get the vaccine?

How do you feel about the people who got the vaccine because certain political figures told them to? Or how about the ones who decided to get it on the promise of being entered into some lottery? How about the ones who got it because it was either get the vaccine or get fired?

By the way, when discussing profit. The only motivation for profit seems to be coming from the pharmaceutical companies pushing the vaccines.
This applies to all of the doctor/patient relationship. Politics should never enter into the exam room or bedside.

Like you, people need to follow the legitimate medical and their doctor's recommendations.

There can be profit motives all over medicine. Doctor's offices, hospitals, pharmacies, labs. These are all businesses and many times medical ethics has been set aside in the pursuit of profit that is not in the patients best interests.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:12 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And with that attitude, you'll never know if anything else works.

You will never find what you purposely refuse to look for.

So.......what do you do if and when the virus mutates to the point where the vaccines don't work anymore?
I can throw that back at you and ask what you are going to do when the virus mutates to the point where <insert alternative treatment> no longer works. The obvious answer on either part is to develop additional treatments.

I am not against looking at alternatives. Right now there are many pharmaceutical companies across the globe doing exactly that. That is one reason why people are talking about a 3rd shot as a booster, but the exact protocol has not been established.

However, alternatives must be handled in the appropriate manner. Clinical trials with rigorously selected and tracked participants, who are fully informed of the risks of entering a clinical trial. The tracking is necessary so that we can determine the effectiveness of the treatment plan, to see if it is better than vaccination, worse than doing nothing, or anywhere in between.

What you are advocating for is advertising to the uninformed, having them make essentially random choices, not being able to track, and then hoping for the best. This is not how to see if anything else works, it is roughly analogous to throwing a toddler into a chemical storage room and hoping for the best.

Yes, research treatments. But do it in a clinically responsible, ethical manner.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:19 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Why push a vaccine over a treatment? Why tell someone to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle instead of telling them to go to the hospital after they crash?

Old 09-06-2021, 10:23 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
I’m getting tired of repeating myself but I’ll try it once again. Ivermectin works. End of story. There’s studies out there that you won’t see on the main stream media but if you did you can find them. The latest is that when taken in a single dose, within the first 24 hours it reduces viral load by 99.2%. One dose, within the first 24 hours, reduces your viral load by 99.2%. This allows your immune system time to react and recognize it as being invaded before it is overwhelmed. The means by which ivermectin work are not the drug itself. It opens vectors At the cellular level which allows zinc to be absorbed into the cells or at the cellular level which inhibits reproduction of the virus. You already have zinc in your bloodstream. It just allows it to penetrate further. Taking zinc in addition to ivermectin probably is a good idea as well.

It works, period, Probably much better than the vaccine and I guarantee you much better long-term than the vaccine because the vaccines train your immune system to only recognize a single spike protein at a time. The long term answer out of Covid is therapeutics. Therapeutics in conjunction with natural immunity.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:24 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Why push a vaccine over a treatment? Why tell someone to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle instead of telling them to go to the hospital after they crash?
You can tell them to wear a helmet but they shouldn't be forced or coerced. Let the individual decide.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:38 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You can tell them to wear a helmet but they shouldn't be forced or coerced. Let the individual decide.
If they sign a waiver saying they won't clog hospitals if they need help from not wearing one, I'll agree. Someone choosing not to take a preventative measure, but then using public resources to fix their own mistake is the height of selfishness. That's choosing individuality for the benefits, but not for the consequences.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:38 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I can throw that back at you and ask what you are going to do when the virus mutates to the point where <insert alternative treatment> no longer works. The obvious answer on either part is to develop additional treatments.

I am not against looking at alternatives. Right now there are many pharmaceutical companies across the globe doing exactly that. That is one reason why people are talking about a 3rd shot as a booster, but the exact protocol has not been established.

However, alternatives must be handled in the appropriate manner. Clinical trials with rigorously selected and tracked participants, who are fully informed of the risks of entering a clinical trial. The tracking is necessary so that we can determine the effectiveness of the treatment plan, to see if it is better than vaccination, worse than doing nothing, or anywhere in between.

What you are advocating for is advertising to the uninformed, having them make essentially random choices, not being able to track, and then hoping for the best. This is not how to see if anything else works, it is roughly analogous to throwing a toddler into a chemical storage room and hoping for the best.

Yes, research treatments. But do it in a clinically responsible, ethical manner.

What I'm advocating for is to not blindly accept what anyone tells you about anything.

Especially when it's become politicized.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:44 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
If they sign a waiver saying they won't clog hospitals if they need help from not wearing one, I'll agree. Someone choosing not to take a preventative measure, but then using public resources to fix their own mistake is the height of selfishness. That's choosing individuality for the benefits, but not for the consequences.
Hospitals are NOT public resources. End of Discussion. Also, everyone pays for them, and they get to use them just the same as everyone else. You don't get to dictate who does and does not get to use 'public' resources. Don't take their money if you don't want them using those resources.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:47 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Not going to happen in the real world, especially with EMTALA. Even if the person has their living will tattooed to their face, the paramedics will do their thing and then transport to the nearest ER. Who will then do their thing. At least until the patient expires or improves to the point of no longer being emergent. All the while HC insurance pays the same with emergencies. Unless there is a clause on their life insurance about excluding M/C deaths due to no helmet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies