Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:14 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What are the reasons abortion advocates want pregnant women who don't want their babies, to kill their unborn babies, when alternative plans such as offering the child up for adoption are available? What have you found to justify such deliberate killing?

I suggested in another thread (an odd one suggesting "compromise for abortion") that many of them do it for reasons of either convenience or irresponsibility. Predictably, I was called names and told my ideas were "disgusting". And then that thread got closed.

So, you abortion advocates who want pregnant women to kill their unborn babies rather than give birth and offer them up for adoption (or other such plan), please tell us your reasons.

------------------------------

(Mods: If this violates whatever caused that other thread to be closed, please just delete this one, OK?)
Have you ever been pregnant? For 9 long months? Have you ever given birth?

You act like pregnancy and childbirth are a walk in the park for a woman. They are not.

Maybe you could pick up a book about pregnancy and childbirth to get an idea of what a woman goes through. Then maybe you will realize what you are asking of these women when you say to just go through pregnancy and give away a baby at the end of 9 months.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:17 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If they know this then they should be practicing responsible sex. In most cases, abortion is nothing more than a quick fix for irresponsible behavior and poor choices.
A lot of women in their 40’s are peri menopausal and don’t think they can get pregnant. Their husbands, also in their 40’s/50’s/60’s, no longer bother with a condom, for the same reason.

Did you know that married couples should be practicing safe sex until 2 years after menopause, which starts commonly at age 50?

I can assure you when couples at the higher end of their 40’s, no matter their political persuasion or whether they are “skanks” get pregnant with that oops baby, some of them decide abortion is their best option.

Just wanted to clarify the picture you paint about the people that seek abortion as a solution are not who you think they are, in all cases.

I bet it’s happened to at least one older respectable couple you know.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:21 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
A lot of women in their 40’s are peri menopausal and don’t think they can get pregnant. Their husbands, also in their 40’s/50’s/60’s, no longer bother with a condom, for the same reason.

Did you know that married couples should be practicing safe sex until 2 years after menopause, which starts commonly at age 50?

I can assure you when couples at the higher end of their 40’s, no matter their political persuasion or whether they are “skanks” get pregnant with that oops baby, some of them decide abortion is their best option.

Just wanted to clarify the picture you paint about the people that seek abortion as a solution are not who you think the are, in all cases.

I bet it’s happened to at least one older respectable couple you know.
I get what you're saying, but I also believe the example you give is a very small minority of the women that are seeking abortions in America.

And if it's an "Oops" baby, and the woman is a Christian or conservative, I don't believe they would have an abortion (in your referenced scenario).

Old 09-11-2021, 09:23 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying, but I also believe the example you give is a very small minority of the women that are seeking abortions in America.
It doesn’t feel like a small minority when it happens to you or someone you know. That also includes rape and incest.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:25 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:

And if it's an "Oops" baby, and the woman is a Christian or conservative, I don't believe they would have an abortion.
Plenty of conservative Christians have abortions.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:27 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You got clear answers in the last thread. Women are not breeding stock for the adoption market.
I would accept that... if they didn't keep making babies they didn't want. I am asking why they consider killing their unborn child, as a preferable act.

Quote:
They don’t want to remain pregnant for 9 months. Labor and deliver.
Yes, that's clear. They don't want the inconvenience of pregnancy and delivery, and feel that the unborn child's life is not worth protecting in her quest for a more rapid solution. In a word, irresponsibility.

Quote:
There are women who do adopt out which is her choice.
Kudoes to them, they are finding a solution that doesn't involve killing the unborn child.

But this thread is about the people (women and men) who are fine with simply killing the unborn baby.

You folks, what are your reasons for choosing to kill the unborn baby instead of bringing it to term, giving birth, and offering it up for adoption?

Old 09-11-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t feel like a small minority when it happens to you or someone you know. That also includes rape and incest.
Rape and incest is entirely different and I have no issue with abortion in circumstances of that nature.

It just bugs me when "convenience" trumps making smart choices.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:29 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:

And if it's an "Oops" baby, and the woman is a Christian or conservative, I don't believe they would have an abortion (in your referenced scenario).
Yes it’s in the minority, but what difference does that make?

There are also married women in their 30’s that have abortions, they already have kids in a lot of cases.

You want to be secure in your bubble that only terrible, promiscuous, dirty, nasty, irresponsible women (couples, a lot of the time - oof that blows the narrative) have abortions.

That’s not the reality. Sorry.

And also, you betcha that Christian conservative pro life women have them. Because it’s all fine and dandy until unwanted pregnancy happens to them.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Plenty of conservative Christians have abortions.
God will sort them out.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
To a leftist and skanks of all races, a fetus is nothing more than a 7 month inconvenience. We live in a "ME" society. Why would they want to be burdened with that responsibility? They weren't responsible enough to practice abstinence or use protection or the pill, so they definitely are not mature enough to handle a responsibility of that magnitude.
Some studies/polls show men to be more pro-choice and women more pro-life; other polls/studies show male support of abortion is about the same as women's. In any case, men, overall, are about as pro-choice as women are.

Are those men "skanks," too? What about men who encourage their girlfriends to have abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies