Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So far, we have one reply of extreme birth defects and death, with no indication of how many pregnancies actually result in such extreme circumstances. One reply that the women (btw, where's the man, who is equally responsible for the pregnancy?) don't want the problems of pregnancy, though they don't do what it takes to avoid them - in other words, irresponsibility. And one reply (from the earlier thread) mentioning spina bifida, which the Mayo Clinic says affects 0.06% of the population. And one bizarre excuse saying the unborn baby isn't a baby.

Anyone else? The thread is young.

You abortion advocates who want pregnant women to kill their unborn babies rather than give birth and offer them up for adoption (or other such plan), please tell us your reasons why.
Once again, it's really none of your business why a pregnant woman gets an abortion or even if she chooses to keep it, especially when you're not the father. Also once again, you don't seem to have any concern what rights the father should have toward the unborn baby the woman wants to abort.

Meanwhile, Roboteer, just what do you really want? For all abortion to be banned with women violating the law to be charged with murder, and if found guilty, be subject for up to life in prison, along with anybody who assisted her? Not me. I believe in pro-choice, including pro-abortion rights, and using birth control if a baby isn't wanted. I could live with how Ireland decided to repeal their ban on most all abortion. Most women know if they're pregnant by the 12th week.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:18 PM

219 posts, read 161,452 times
Re the man wanting the baby and the woman wanting an abortion, it is a sad thing. I'm sorry for anyone who has gone through that. All I can suggest is showing a woman before she is ever pregnant that you are someone she can count on to be trusted with a child. It can happen. DD has a couple of friends whose dads received sole custody because mom wasn't ready to parent but trusted that dad was.

It's a small sample size true, but in my experience, the unreliability of the man involved has been a consideration in the choice to abort by both unmarried and married women.

Another consideration has been family and local societal pressure against adopting the baby out. Whether the pressure was because "you don't give away family" or because "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it", adoption wasn't really going to be an option at the end of the day without facing ostracization.

I know "no abortion everists" really want the answer to be white or black but that's not how reality works.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:23 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, it's really none of your business why a pregnant woman gets an abortion or even if she elects not to, especially when you're not the father.
Chalk up another common response: "You can't ask that question, you're not allowed to!"

Which, of course, is no response at all, but merely running away from the question at high speed. Not generally used in a discussion forum, except by people who cannot defend the agenda (in this case killing unborn babies) under discussion.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:27 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Chalk up another common response: "You can't ask that question, you're not allowed to!"

Which, of course, is no response at all, but merely running away from the question at high speed. Not generally used in a discussion forum, except by people who cannot defend the agenda (in this case killing unborn babies) under discussion.
You don’t put a premium on privacy? Privacy a a reason why you are not entitled to know a woman medical life.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Roboteer, what a great non-response you gave to my questions, such as being too reluctant to answering my question over whether or not you want all abortions banned with the woman getting an abortion subject to murder charges.

Just try to explain why it should be any or your business why a pregnant woman should NOT get an abortion when you're not the father.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:29 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I am not an abortion advocate. Very few people are.
My apologies for not making something clear.

When I mention "abortion advocates", I am including of course the woman herself (and her sperm donor, wherever he is) who have decided that they would rather kill their unborn baby, rather than do what it takes to bring a living child into the world and give it to someone else, ending her involvement that way.

There have been 50 million abortions (or more) in the U.S. since 1973. They might dispute your characterization of them as being "very few people".

Old 09-11-2021, 10:32 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Have you donated a kidney to a stranger yet?

Why not?

People die from kidney disease all the time.

If you're n to willing to donate a kidney to a stranger, then you're a muderer.

Same logic as the forced birthers.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
My apologies for not making something clear.

When I mention "abortion advocates", I am including of course the woman herself (and her sperm donor, wherever he is) who have decided that they would rather kill their unborn baby, rather than do what it takes to bring a living child into the world and give it to someone else, ending her involvement that way.

There have been 50 million abortions (or more) in the U.S. since 1973. They might dispute your characterization of them as being "very few people".
But the number of abortions every year have been going down, not up, meaning fewer and fewer pregnant women wanting to advocate abortion for themselves. As a person who does not advocate abortion, I have nothing against that.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:47 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
A living breathing human being should have the right to do whatever they want with their own body. If I want to get a tattoo, it's my body and my right to do so. If a woman wants to have an abortion, it's her right to do so. The thing that's inside of her isn't considered a living and breathing thing until it comes out and is issued a birth certificate.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:

OP, I totally respect your position on this issue. Really. Actually, as a woman who's ultimately pro-choice, I'm thankful for the pro-life side, because it acts as kind of check and balance. I don't think it would a good if the world's adult population were entirely pro-choice.

But I find the bolded offensive. For a couple of reasons.

First, because I'm a mom of 3. I know what it's like to have a baby growing inside me, and I certainly don't need a man telling me how miraculous it is.

Second, because I've never had an abortion and probably would never have had one.

But I was never in that position, because I've always been highly, highly selective and careful in my sex life. Can you say the same? Have you always been highly selective and taken precautions in your sex life?

If not, you are really in no position to lecture anyone or to make outlandish claims like the above. But maybe adopting one or two kids might help make you feel better about the issue?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 09-12-2021 at 06:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies