Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2021, 07:36 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Have men lost the right to vote, get credit in their name only, own property, hold certain job positions, compete in certain events, earn equal pay, use birth control, serve on a jury, attend co-ed schools, wear pants, get legal support for physical abuse or rape from your spouse, enter certain establishments, join the military, keep your sur name, smoke in public.........

What exactly have men given up, been refused in allowing women the same social and legal rights as they have always had by default?
I think that either Taggerung's boss is a woman, or he was turned down by a woman who has a job of her own and didn't need to put out to get a free meal at a nice restaurant.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Women want equal rights, equal treatment, pay, etc…whatever.

But…they still want men to pay for dinner, shower them in material things, hold doors open, whisk them away on adventures and all that other BS.
You can’t expect to have it all your way if it’s supposed to be “equal”.
If they truly want “equal” treatment, and truly believe they are “equal” to men, then they also should expect to possibly get their ass kicked by men in a fight too. See what I’m saying?
Equal means “equal”. Giving one person 3 dollars and another $3.25 is not “equal”.
Equal is 3 for you, 3 for me.
That's BS alright.
Just why cant one expect to have equal rights, equal treatment and equal pay and still expect to be treated nicely or spoiled by a loved one. Does one have to give up one to have another. Do men expect to not be doted on by his SO, home cooked meals, maid, chauffer, nanny, personal assistant (planner, manager, shopper, etc.) without giving up some of his civil and legal rights? What has one to do with the other?
No I dont see what your saying. Its sounds like to expect to be able to vote, go to school, wear pants, work for equal pay for equal work, have personal credit, etc. one should have to submit to physical abuse?

Do you have any idea how many women suffer physical abuse at the hands of their male SO, how many die?
https://www.domesticshelters.org/art...nce-statistics

Old 10-20-2021, 08:08 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
That's BS alright.
Just why cant one expect to have equal rights, equal treatment and equal pay and still expect to be treated nicely or spoiled by a loved one. Does one have to give up one to have another. Do men expect to not be doted on by his SO, home cooked meals, maid, chauffer, nanny, personal assistant (planner, manager, shopper, etc.) without giving up some of his civil and legal rights?
OK who wants to tell her?

Old 10-20-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
that darn ole food and shelter thingy. Who needs that!
you realize half the workforce is female.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:20 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Males have been so thoroughly denigrated and demoralized by decades of feminist culture, propaganda, indoctrination, etc, that many males of today are little more than empty husks of men. The feminists have forgotten that you need to leave men with at least some masculine dignity so they can still be useful to you
I do not feel denigrated or demoralized. What propaganda, Disney Films? Indoctrination…what?

I live my life, I pay my bills, I take care of my family. We really have to break out of this combative “they’re out to get us” mindset, you sound like you had to sleep on the couch last night? C’mon, come clean, what did you do?

Old 10-20-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
OK who wants to tell her?
Well if you believe women expect men to pay for dinner, shower them in material things, hold doors open, whisk them away on adventures and all that other (what ever that may be).

One is as rare now as the other. No?
Id have to say every sahm I know does those things. Most women I know who are not retired, work also so no they dont do as a stay at home would do.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I do not feel denigrated or demoralized. What propaganda, Disney Films? Indoctrination…what?

I live my life, I pay my bills, I take care of my family. We really have to break out of this combative “they’re out to get us” mindset, you sound like you had to sleep on the couch last night? C’mon, come clean, what did you do?
I don't think it's our generation people are worried about, it's this one.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...red-after.html

Old 10-20-2021, 09:36 AM

41,966 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Males have been so thoroughly denigrated and demoralized by decades of feminist culture, propaganda, indoctrination, etc, that many males of today are little more than empty husks of men. The feminists have forgotten that you need to leave men with at least some masculine dignity so they can still be useful to you
If a man's dignity depends on the control of women, he didn't have much dignity to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Being a supporter of feminism doesn’t make you unmanly.
Preach it! Actually, supporting feminism makes a man even more masculine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Put the blame squarely where it lies - with liberals - and knock off blaming an entire generation or you'll risk sounding like a dumb ass.
Yeah, and without liberals we'd be slave-owning subjects of the English crown.

Did you know that Susan B. Anthony began working for women's rights because she wasn't permitted to speak at a Temperance meeting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Women want equal rights, equal treatment, pay, etc…whatever.

But…they still want men to pay for dinner, shower them in material things, hold doors open, whisk them away on adventures and all that other BS.
Your post is what's BS. One doesn't cancel another. If a man wants to give me a gift, fine. If a man wants to hold a door open for me, fine; most likely I'll hold a door open for a man as well. That's just good manners.

But if I'm doing the same work as a man, and I have the same experience, then I damn well better get the same pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
The world wants men who are capable of intelligent thought, appreciate the world without seeing it as a "resource," and contribute positively to the world around them. Plenty of men have attained that state with no loss to their masculine dignity and satisfy us as your old-time neanderthal never could.
Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Women crave real men like never before. Why? Because they can’t find any. Men in America have turned into ninnies. It’s sad actually. A man’s man, is a thing of the past, and due to our natural wiring in the differences between the two sexes (and yes liberals there are differences in all aspects of humanity between the two sexes,) women instinctually miss and crave a masculine man. Most will cheat on their white wine sipping, whiny, complaining, feminine apologetic husband. It’s a real thing and it is really happening. And if you fit the criteria of what I described above as a man, you might want to really recheck your life and recheck how you handle yourself. And for sure get your hormones checked. Lol
This post suggests a really sad outlook on life, and a pathetic opinion of men and women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So women are responsible for emptying men's husks now?
Don't you know? Women are responsible for all the ills in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Well he called an employee who is a female “sweetie” one day. She met him in the parking lot after work and got in his face and said “if you ever call me sweetie again I will have you fired and I will sue you for everything you own.” The guy was HARMLESS!
Disrespect is never harmless.

Quote:
I happen to like the fact that men and women are different. It’s worked for tens of thousands of years in this world. We crave each other because were different.
Being "different" does not mean men and women get to abuse, misuse, and disrespect one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Men are afraid to be alone with women? Keep your hands and comments to yourself and you will be ok.
Exactly.

Quote:
I happen to like the fact that most men behave like men and don't speak down on women. They don't need to make suggestive comments to me because they find me attractive. They don't need to grope me, hug me, steal kisses or call me sweetie.

Quote:
These people who defend such behavior amaze me.
Same here. Women get blamed for nearly every bad behavior ever exhibited by men. Where is their self-respect and personal accountability?

Quote:
It all boils down to strong women are a threat to insecure men.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
This may mean we end up with a society filled with sub-par men
How do you define "sub par"? My definition would include any one of the following: doesn't support his family emotionally and/or financially, doesn't treat women (or anyone else) with respect, blames his poor behavior on everyone else but himself, is physically violent, is verbally abusive ... etc.

Quote:
What exactly have men given up, been refused in allowing women the same social and legal rights as they have always had by default?
I'm curious to hear the answer on that myself.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

How do you define "sub par"?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oberlin-c...ors-safe-space

Old 10-20-2021, 09:44 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Got nailed for leaving the toilet seat up, eh?
I LOL'd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies