Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2021, 10:46 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,502,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This tells me which party cares about fair and honest elections:

Democrats fight hard against voter ID.

Republicans fight hard for voter ID.
You forgot "Republicans fight hard to suppress the vote of people who are not likely to vote for them", because many Republicans are afraid of people of color voting and gaining any political power at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 02:54 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You forgot "Republicans fight hard to suppress the vote of people who are not likely to vote for them", because many Republicans are afraid of people of color voting and gaining any political power at all.
Show me any piece of legislation that denies people of color real-ID compliant ID solely on the basis of color.

I was at a DMV a few months ago and there were plenty of people of color getting their IDs.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:05 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests. In every country these two parties exist, and in every one where they are free to think, speak, and write, they will declare themselves. Call them, therefore, Liberals and Serviles, Jacobins and Ultras, Whigs and Tories, Republicans and Federalists, Aristocrats and Democrats, or by whatever name you please, they are the same parties still and pursue the same object. The last one of Aristocrats and Democrats is the true one expressing the essence of all." - Thomas Jefferson

I think we use the term democracy too loosely. Jefferson would not consider America today to be a democracy, or even a Republic. Thomas Jefferson would despise this country.

Thomas Jefferson's version of democracy is closer to anarchy than to what we have now. He wouldn't have fought a war to prevent southern secession either, or any secession for that matter.

"If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation … to a continuance in the union …. I have no hesitation in saying, ‘Let us separate.'" - Thomas Jefferson

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." - Thomas Jefferson

"Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right. It may be said, that the succeeding generation exercising, in fact, the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law had been expressly limited to nineteen years only. In the first place, this objection admits the right, in proposing an equivalent. But the power of repeal is not an equivalent. It might be, indeed, if every form of government were so perfectly contrived, that the will of the majority could always be obtained, fairly and without impediment. But this is true of no form. The people cannot assemble themselves; their representation is unequal and vicious. Various checks are opposed to every legislative proposition. Factions get possession of the public councils, bribery corrupts them, personal interests lead them astray from the general interests of their constituents; and other impediments arise, so as to prove to every practical man, that a law of limited duration is much more manageable than one which needs a repeal." - Thomas Jefferson
The paradox here is that, apparently, you are unaware of your 'persecuted victim' complex, i.e. the hero-worshipping where you prop up, both literally & metaphorically, your heroes, while simultaneously, & apparently blissfully, remaining immune to the evidence revealing their humanity. Personally, I find it offensive to turn human beings into cartoonish robots; doing so denies their humanity.

Quote:
Persecuted victim

Conspiracy theorists perceive and present themselves as the victim of organized persecution.29 At the same time, they see themselves as brave antagonists taking on the villainous conspirators. Conspiratorial thinking involves a self-perception of simultaneously being a victim and a hero.
From The Conspiracy Theory Handbook

Musical interlude:

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 11-04-2021 at 05:19 PM..

Old 11-04-2021, 05:23 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Show me any piece of legislation that denies people of color real-ID compliant ID solely on the basis of color.

I was at a DMV a few months ago and there were plenty of people of color getting their IDs.
You must first remember that those on the racist left believe people of color are too ignorant to use the internet or know where or how to get an ID.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:26 PM

148 posts, read 113,790 times
I don't think there is widespread voter fraud. Of all the things to do illegally, I think voting is at the bottom of the list. However, I'm not so sure that the people counting the ballots are trustworthy.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:13 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You must first remember that those on the racist left believe people of color are too ignorant to use the internet or know where or how to get an ID.
Y'all are too blind to see what's in front of your eyes. No legislature is going to write laws based on color, since that would get overturned in about 30 seconds. No, the Republicans are far more subtle. Look at SB7 and HB6 in Texas, neither of which passed, fortunately. The major impact would have been on areas with higher minority populations.

You accuse me of racism, but it it you who want to suppress the votes of minorities through any means possible, because you can't stand the thought that a minority politician might be elected. Obama was a far better President than Trump, but many Republicans were fainting at the thought that a Black man was elected to the nation's highest office. BTW, I didn't vote for Obama in either election. I DQ'd McCain after he chose the worthless bimbo Palin as his running mate and didn't vote that year, and I held my nose and voted for Romney in 2012.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:20 PM

3,649 posts, read 1,603,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirotek View Post
I don't think there is widespread voter fraud. Of all the things to do illegally, I think voting is at the bottom of the list. However, I'm not so sure that the people counting the ballots are trustworthy.
My voting method doesn't trust anyone. Go back to dropping a ballot into a box and video record everything- each voter dropping a ballot into the box (and the camera can see it's one ballot), the counting of each ballot one by one. Mail in ballots must be sent to the precinct of that voter, the location where voting will take place.

This should be done at each precinct and NOT at a central voting center. As each ballot is taken out of the box one at a time, on video, the poll worker holds it up so the camera records the vote. Then the poll worker presses +1 for that candidate. Large screens show the real time count. All precinct videos posted online for all to watch. mail in ballots are dropped in by a poll worker after confirming the sig/photo/etc of the voter.

No computers. Just an adding machine with a large display. The final tally is shown at the end of each precinct video with poll workers in front of the tally screen announcing the final totals. Each county adds up all the precincts on video as well. Then the state adds up all counties on video as well.

With this method every vote is recorded on video. This could be used for president and governor races where this is only a few candidates on the ballot.

Not only that each voter can write a secret 6 digit PIN on their ballot. Then they can watch the video and find their ballot held up and counted by the poll worker. This is the ONLY method that a voter can can confirm their vote was counted correctly. You can to see YOUR ballot counted, and see the tally got up +1 for your vote.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:27 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Something needs to be moving before you can stop it.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:30 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The paradox here is that, apparently, you are unaware of your 'persecuted victim' complex, i.e. the hero-worshipping where you prop up, both literally & metaphorically, your heroes, while simultaneously, & apparently blissfully, remaining immune to the evidence revealing their humanity. Personally, I find it offensive to turn human beings into cartoonish robots; doing so denies their humanity.
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Can you tell me what I said that was incorrect?

Old 11-04-2021, 06:43 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirotek View Post
Common sense, a demonstrated awareness of human nature, & expressed honestly is refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies