Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 08:47 PM

1,450 posts, read 681,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Imagine yourself on a fixed income, in the form of SS etc.; you would certainly not be doing just fine.
That 5% increase was a joke, quality of life has been reduced for millions.
A number of comments I see here originate from very limited perspectives.

Well that's a very kind way of putting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 08:49 PM

15,559 posts, read 10,555,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eat lentils, beans, and chickpeas - high protein, cheap, and much better for you - and delicious in stews!

http://https://www.thekitchn.com/veg...recipes-252662
and fart like Biden, no thank you.

Old 11-07-2021, 08:50 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,923,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
If there is no gas then you have to buy an electric car..right ?
Biden says he's going to save the planet.
America and the world will be far better off when Brandon is IN the planet...

Old 11-07-2021, 08:53 PM

18,566 posts, read 7,412,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
How old are you? 30? You don't have any idea what "crazy" inflation is. Try 8%. 10%. 12%. 15%. And not for 6 months, but year after year in the mid and late 1970's.
He will try it. He has no choice.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:00 PM

18,566 posts, read 7,412,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34
It’s funny how people judge the economy based on if the person they voted for is in the White House or not. “My guy didn’t get in, the economy sucks…the world is going to hell, wahh wahh wahh!”
But that''s not what's happening here. What's happening here is that there is a new President who is spending money at five times the (very profligate) rate of prior Presidents.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,611,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Just to drive anywhere or eat anything you have to pay an arm and a leg. I dont see companies rolling over backwards to help their employees out financially. They just assume keep the revolving door going and just hope they can find one eyed unicorns to work for the cheapest wage possible while stockpoling all the revenue for themselves. . . How does anyone afford themselves to live much less a family of 5-6 or more.
You guys need to enjoy the cow pie sandwich you guys voted for!

Inflation is caused directly and solely by the monetary policy.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:56 PM

8,305 posts, read 3,835,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Just to drive anywhere or eat anything you have to pay an arm and a leg. I dont see companies rolling over backwards to help their employees out financially. They just assume keep the revolving door going and just hope they can find one eyed unicorns to work for the cheapest wage possible while stockpoling all the revenue for themselves. . . How does anyone afford themselves to live much less a family of 5-6 or more.
Were you asking this same question over the last several years when we've been handing out money to everyone and businesses left and right? Because that would have been the right time to consider this.

These bailouts weren't free. They committed the government to spending trillions over the next decade: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52070718

Inflation is here to stay.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:59 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,634,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
My poor little tummy would totally revolt on that combination.
How do you know ?

Have you ever tried that combination ?

Old 11-08-2021, 12:25 AM

182 posts, read 77,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yeah sure. I'm shaking in my boots.

How many threads do we need to have on the same topic?

Sorry, I'm bored... Erh...I can't help it to post a little off topic...

Why do people keep saying s/he is shaking in his/ her boots? It just doesn't make any sense. Nowadays, people don't wear boots any more, unless you are a farm worker, or going to a cowboy country dance... but who are going to dance these days with this enormous inflation? Also, walking and taping with your boots/ heels are proven by scientists will have some serious effects to the bodies/ the spines and nervous system.

Besides, you can't practically shaking in your boots. You only can do it if you wear the oversized boots, so you have room to shake, but loose boots not going to help when you walk. You can easily lose speed and fall flat on your face.

When your body is shaken, the upper body move around/ back and forth more than your legs, so you basically moving yourself around in your clothes, especially your underwear. Since wearing loose underwear is comfortable and recommended, you are shaking your body in your keeper.

So next time when you try to scare people with your sarcasm, say " I'm shaking in my panty/ brief/ boxer", unless you don't wear one. Thank you.

Old 11-08-2021, 01:15 AM

182 posts, read 77,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Consumer goods are up 5% or so. That doesn’t tell nearly the whole story because it excludes food and energy and housing.

Global food prices are up 33%.

US house prices are up 18% over last year.

Rents are up 9%.

Gasoline as of today is on average up 56% from one year ago. (Gas prices are the highest they’ve been in 7 years).

Used car prices are up an average of 32.7%.

Considering the largest amount of monthly expenses are put towards housing, food, car payment and fuel, this is extremely bad.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...st-in-7-years/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...p-in-june/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...ansitory%3famp
My property tax this year rises to $4,654.12 from less than 4k last year.

Some of the houses I am looking at the prices jumped up about over 100 % over the last year . I wish it up only 18%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies