Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 09:30 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlyn View Post
Going to make an appt with a Cardiologist. Saw my PCP today for symptoms similar to those related to Myocarditis. Had the chest issues about a month after the 2nd Pfizer shot.

Doesn't affect my physical activity, but just a very eerie feeling with what I can best describe as "chest twitches". I am somewhat royally pi55ed about this.
Did you worry lot about possible side effects right after you got the vaccines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 10:49 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You mean the same cousin that would be called a Covid death if they were taken to the hospital for high blood sugar and tested positive for Covid on mandatory routine testing.....
Don't know what you are talking about. Sounds like you are making this story up.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:11 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
My friend’s aunt went blind in one eye, a few days after her first shot (don’t know which variety she had).

My son’s doctor became severely ill after the second shot and months later is still not back at work.

I know several people who were ill with Covid but thankfully don’t know anyone who has died from it.
My farrier is losing sight in one eye after vax.

I know 2 women under 50 that were partially paralyzed after vax. One couldn't walk for about 6 weeks, and one was paralyzed on right side. The 1st now uses a walker. The 2nd has problems with rt arm and can't use hand.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:26 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Safe and effective is not a slogan. These are the twin characteristics that must be proven to be approved by FDA. For the most part, the proof is in statistical analysis of people given the drug or vaccine versus placebo.

To say that a drug is effective, there must be a statistically significant improvement in outcomes (fewer deaths, hospitalizations, etc) compared to placebo. To say that it is safe, any serious side effects should not occur in a statistically significant frequency in drug vs placebo arms. This can be difficult to ascertain in clinical trials for rare side effects.

To call safety and efficacy mere slogans is a product of ignorance.
There is no such thing as "safe" and "effective" outside opinion. We can talk safer and more effective.

These vaccines are not effective according to the normal benchmark of other vaccines. They allow the virus to run rampant, but reduce your odds of severe outcome by about 70%.

These vaccines are not safe by the benchmark of other vaccines. They caused more deaths in VAERS than all other administered vaccines combined over a total of 30 or so years. They can be said to be safer than getting COVID, that's it.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:31 PM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I'm not asking if you know for sure it was caused by the shot, just looking for people to share their stories.
The 2nd jab caused my previously healthy 30 year old son to have a heart attack.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:11 AM

283 posts, read 290,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Did you worry lot about possible side effects right after you got the vaccines?
No. I went about my routines, but started getting the issues and it wouldn’t go away.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:01 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I'm not asking if you know for sure it was caused by the shot, just looking for people to share their stories.
No -and know at least 60 people vaxed.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:14 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
This thread demonstrates the obvious.

If you are an anti-vaxxer you know a lot of people who have suffered worse case scenarios from the vaccines.

If you are pro-vaccine person, you don't know anyone who has had anything but good outcomes.

The question begs. Were they anti-vaxxers before or after they allegedly knew victims?

The other question is would Pro-vaxxers admit it even if they did know someone who was harmed?

I am pro-vaccine, but I would admit it if I knew someone who had become ill.
I am not antivax.

I am pro vax choice. Get it if you want it. Just dont make me get it when I already got immunity naturally. Plus with what happened to my father in law, and that covid went thru my house already, i dont advise anyone in my house should get the vax.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:14 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
So tossing around anecdotes from unknown people that can't be substantiated is better than actual data.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:18 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So tossing around anecdotes from unknown people that can't be substantiated is better than actual data.

The anti-vaccine people use that tactic because the facts and data do not support the comments they make. I know more people who are vaccinated than I do people who were infected. All the people who were infected had much worse health effects than any of the side effects from the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies