Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 12:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 748,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It was rare in the US, The company demanded approval six times, and was refused each time. Nevertheless, a total of 17 children with thalidomide-induced malformations were born in the US. Oldham Kelsey was given a Presidential award for distinguished service from the federal government for not allowing thalidomide to be approved for sale in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide#History

The drug had been previously approved in Europe, and that's where many birth defects occurred, especially in Germany.

During that period, the use of medications during pregnancy was not strictly controlled, and drugs were not thoroughly tested for potential harm to the fetus. At the time of the drug's development, scientists did not believe any drug taken by a pregnant woman could pass across the placental barrier and harm the developing fetus

Today, any drug that will be taken by pregnant women must go through maternal and embryo-fetal toxicity studies. So we learned from this terrible experience.
And we're about to soon learn from another terrible experience, namely vaccine mandates from an experimental mRNA drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 12:24 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrisewesteast View Post
Yes but it was a car accident so I do not know if related. Could very well have been vaccine brain fog.
This is not a joke! Very possible!

I couldn't drive for some time after the vaxx due to brain fog. I didn't even realize it at first. I drove off on a quite country road and couldn't understand why I was making so many mistakes on the road. I stopped and turned around and went home, driving slowly and as carefully as I could. I'm driving again now though but still have brain fog. I've just started a second vertigo treatment.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:32 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:

Today, any drug that will be taken by pregnant women must go through maternal and embryo-fetal toxicity studies. So we learned from this terrible experience.
Except these vaccines.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I'm not asking if you know for sure it was caused by the shot, just looking for people to share their stories.
I know a teenage boy who suffered myocarditis from the shot. He has recovered. It was very scary.

I also know a cardiologist who has presented papers on 2 individuals who have died from myocarditis as a result of the vaccine.

these are 100% verifiably related to the vaccine. I am vaccinated. I think there is a greater danger from covid than from the vaccine in adults. numbers prove this.

I think for teenagers, its dang close but i lean toward the vaccination.

for small children under 12 i think it is near insanity to demand they be vaccinated. unless they have co-morbidities

Old 11-10-2021, 03:25 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
It was rare in the US, The company demanded approval six times, and was refused each time. Nevertheless, a total of 17 children with thalidomide-induced malformations were born in the US. Oldham Kelsey was given a Presidential award for distinguished service from the federal government for not allowing thalidomide to be approved for sale in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide#History

The drug had been previously approved in Europe, and that's where many birth defects occurred, especially in Germany.

During that period, the use of medications during pregnancy was not strictly controlled, and drugs were not thoroughly tested for potential harm to the fetus. At the time of the drug's development, scientists did not believe any drug taken by a pregnant woman could pass across the placental barrier and harm the developing fetus

Did you know it is still on the market? It is used as a cancer treatment and for hair growth.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:32 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The studies show people are protected even six months after being fully vaccinated.

Many vaccines need boosters. Tetanus (10 years or after serious injury), shingles (2 shots) are two examples. Hep B requires three shots and still does not always generate a strong immune response.
agree but why wasn't that told to use a long time ago? they should have had the data.
if for example the covid vax needed a booster after 10 years like Tetanus it would make more sense.
i think most people would be pretty happy with the 95 percent we were promised lasting ten years.and we'd all understand in 2031 that they couldn't have known that in 2021.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:35 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I know a teenage boy who suffered myocarditis from the shot. He has recovered. It was very scary.

I also know a cardiologist who has presented papers on 2 individuals who have died from myocarditis as a result of the vaccine.

these are 100% verifiably related to the vaccine. I am vaccinated. I think there is a greater danger from covid than from the vaccine in adults. numbers prove this.

I think for teenagers, its dang close but i lean toward the vaccination.

for small children under 12 i think it is near insanity to demand they be vaccinated. unless they have co-morbidities
agree for the most part but i'd raise that to about 30 or 40 from 12.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:10 PM

689 posts, read 974,248 times
One of my dearest friends had a stroke 3 weeks after her first Pfizer vaccine. She was permanently paralyzed and died 5 months later. One of my husband's closest work colleagues died suddenly from a brain bleed within a few weeks of her vaccine. A neighbor who had a history of treatable heart problems was fit and athletic otherwise. He developed an extreme form of myocarditis and died within weeks of his vaccine. Our cousin has been suffering from ongoing brain bleeds since his first vaccine early last spring. His doc has now taken his driver's license away because of this. His wife's doctor (at Kaiser)advised them not to get the booster because she sees too many patients with ongoing heart problems.

Though most of my family has received the first 2 doses of the vac (both Pfizer and Moderna), I have not.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:29 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
My son’s doctor went from doing zoom appointments to going on a leave of absence. The doctor himself told me that it was the vaccine....but I don’t have more specifics than that.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The studies show people are protected even six months after being fully vaccinated.

Many vaccines need boosters. Tetanus (10 years or after serious injury), shingles (2 shots) are two examples. Hep B requires three shots and still does not always generate a strong immune response.
shingles is not a booster. it's just like Pfizer/Moderna for Covid - a 2-course regimen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies