Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:53 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Blame there too. Plenty of talk about that, no one is quiet about that blame. But to put her up as the poor mother victim in all of this is just disingenuous. She played and continues to play her part. In front of a national audience.
She is a victim, in that those on the left are reaming her over her looks, and, from those that believe she shouldn't have a voice in the matter of her son.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Still she is responsible for her teen to know what he was doing. You can't tell me Black, or his father didn't tell her about this rifle they are keeping a rifle they straw purchased for another woman's minor son?
I don't know. She had a son who was apparently doing well - was in some kind of police volunteer thing, doing well in school, in ROTC (I believe) and she's a single mom with other children and worked late the day Kyle left to go mix it up in Kenosha. She had every reason to believe he was on a good path for success.

He got too big for his britches. He decided to take on the role of a vigilante and entered a protesting mob in the late evening with an exposed AR15, and now this horror happened.

I don't think she could have predicted this. And he was trying to be the macho hero. Out of youthful ignorance and misplaced bravado.

And here we are.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:58 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know. She had a son who was apparently doing well - was in some kind of police volunteer thing, doing well in school, in ROTC (I believe) and she's a single mom with other children and worked late the day Kyle left to go mix it up in Kenosha. She had every reason to believe he was on a good path for success.

He got too big for his britches. He decided to take on the role of a vigilante and entered a protesting mob in the late evening with an exposed AR15, and now this horror happened.

I don't think she could have predicted this. And he was trying to be the macho hero. Out of youthful ignorance.

And here we are.
He didn't "get too big for his britches." He did what an actual man did - protected his friend's business from getting looted by people you support, defend, and vote with.

We need far more Kyle Rittenhouses in this country and less whining liberals who don't know what it is to be a man anymore.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
He didn't "get too big for his britches." He did what an actual man did - protected his friend's business from getting looted by people you support, defend, and vote with.

We need far more Kyle Rittenhouses in this country and less whining liberals who don't know what it is to be a man anymore.
No. He was there initially to help out by most accounts, and then somehow decided to join the riot instead, with a huge gun visible to all. And that caused this mess.

We need fewer like him.

It appears to me that all of this, or at least MOST of this, was a horrible misunderstanding and these two men would be alive now, and the third who survived would not have been seriously injured had Kyle stayed home.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:14 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
No. He was there initially to help out by most accounts, and then somehow decided to join the riot instead, with a huge gun visible to all. And that caused this mess.

We need fewer like him.

It appears to me that all of this, or at least MOST of this, was a horrible misunderstanding and these two men would be alive now, and the third who survived would not have been seriously injured had Kyle stayed home.
He didn't "join" the riot. He got a call to go to a spot where there were fires being lit by these rioters. He went there,..got separated with his friend and found himself trying to get back. All the while the mob closing in around him. Then one Caveman decided he'd target Kyle as one of 'them' and make chase.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
He didn't "join" the riot. He got a call to go to a spot where there were fires being lit by these rioters. He went there,..got separated with his friend and found himself trying to get back. All the while the mob closing in around him. Then one Caveman decided he'd target Kyle as one of 'them' and make chase.
I don't see where you're disagreeing with me.

Early in the evening he had no gun, and then he had one and joined the fray later. To shoot people. And then he shot people who weren't lighting fires.

I do get, that in his mind he was trying to be a "hero". In his youthful ignorance, this turned out horribly for all.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:24 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
I don't see where you're disagreeing with me.

Early in the evening he had no gun, and then he had one and joined the fray later. To shoot people. And then he shot people who weren't lighting fires.

I do get, that in his mind he was trying to be a "hero". In his youthful ignorance, this turned out horribly for all.
I don't know if I am disagreeing either. Yeah, the gun was at his step-dad's house, probably because he wasn't allowed to keep it in his own home yet.

He wasn't alone, he didn't just show up guns a blazing. He was part of a group of armed people there to defend the places. It wasn't to go shoot people indiscrimitaly.

If he wasn't attacked, he probably would never have fired a round. This isn't like the incident where that nut drove his car into the protestors. Now That IS someone going out to kill.

Everyone agrees it was a dangerous place. If you gonna be there trying to help out, better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have it, so the saying goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies