Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2021, 03:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahahahaaa...My back side.
Have you ever noticed the number of people on here who claim to be moderate even though their posts show they're anything but? It's astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
well, it would be racist/kkk/hitler because the mother is black.

if the mother is white (like Kyle's mother in this case) then it's perfectly acceptable to liberals.
This is spot on. You'll be quickly accused of being some kind of 'ist' if you do what they do on the left.

I'm seeing a trend here. They're like rabid dogs who feed on hatred, criticism, and snark, and have to be fed every day.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:32 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
"I don't like rape but she wasn't exactly avoiding it by going to the bar."

You are really good at victim shaming.
That's not quite the same. Appear on national TV then complain about social media comments, why are derogatory comments surprising.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:32 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Have you ever noticed the number of people on here who claim to be moderate even though their posts show they're anything but? It's astounding.

Because by claiming they are "moderate", they think sane people will take them seriously even after they spilled some crazy bizarre comments

Old 11-14-2021, 03:33 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That's the most disturbing part, these are women in their 30s to 60s doing this. You expect it from internet punks in their teens and twenties but at least some of these women must be mothers and have kids who are not angels. They are virtue signalling for themselves using Wendy R. as a scapegoat, and its gross. Normally you would think "as a mother.." and be able to empathize in some way. Maybe they are all cat ladies, not to insult cat ladies but a subset of cat ladies are really bitter and mean.
I did check the link, some claiming to look younger then her, no they don’t look any younger and more then one looked actually older.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:36 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's not quite the same. Appear on national TV then complain about social media comments, why are derogatory comments surprising.
Imagine a black mother being bullied by some online right wingers when she speaks up after her son was shot by the cops or white person.

I'd bet Biden would send in DOJ to investigate those right wingers.
Kamala Harris will denounce white supremacy.
She would get rich from gofundme

Old 11-14-2021, 03:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Because by claiming they are "moderate", they think sane people will take them seriously even after they spilled some crazy bizarre comments
Ah, that makes sense. Or maybe they're trying to distance themselves from this:

Pew Study: White Liberals Disproportionately Suffer From Mental Illness.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:40 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
That’s liberals for ya.
The party of peace, love, and understanding.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:40 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Ooo, victim shaming with a twisted explanation of why it's okay.
She is not a victim.
She is more taking on the role of an advocate

She raised a son who many many feel was in the wrong and did a very bad thing. They partly blame her because the son is a minor and still lives at home. She is defending him. She is no victim here. The public can assess how sympathetic or honest or moral she is. It is their right and is a natural reaction. If she is unaware or doesn’t understand how some vilify her son then she is an idiot. If she comes of as hash and unattractive in her presentation is worth noting. She is in the public eye.
We do the same thing on dr Phil or jerry springer or Oprah and the outlets she appears on are not that dissimilar.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:43 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
She is not a victim.
She is more taking on the role of an advocate

She raised a son who many many feel was in the wrong and did a very bad thing. They partly blame her because the son is a minor and still lives at home. She is defending him. She is no victim here. The public can assess how sympathetic or honest or moral she is. It is their right and is a natural reaction. If she is unaware or doesn’t understand how some vilify her son then she is an idiot. If she comes of as hash and unattractive in her presentation is worth noting. She is in the public eye.
We do the same thing on dr Phil or jerry springer or Oprah and the outlets she appears on are not that dissimilar.
Screw that. Rearrange things a little and the treatment would be completely different.
Nah screw these people. They’re all intolerant bully scumbags.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:43 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Just before my son died suddenly and very unexpectedly at age 19, I looked about ten years younger than my age, but during the year after his death, I "gained" at least a dozen years in my looks. Major stress or personal tragedy can do that to a person.

In any case I wouldn't expect Kyle's mother to look like a 40-ish actress who spends hundreds of dollars every month to keep in shape. I haven't read much about her at her, but she looks typical "Midwest" to me -- and I live here.

And, yes, I know that many people have a negative opinion as to how overweight and unattractive rural Midwestern women are in general; there is even a thread about it in the Wisconsin forum. However, as was pointed out, MANY Wisconsin women, and especially those under 30, are actually very attractive. It just seems to me as a recent arrival from Colorado, that Wisconsin women generally do not place a very high priority on personal appearance -- and, btw, my opinion that is just fine as long as they are not overweight to the point that it affects their health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies