Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2021, 01:29 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
"I don't like rape but she wasn't exactly avoiding it by going to the bar."

You are really good at victim shaming.
She put herself in the public eye and has become a public figure. She therefore opened herself up to what ever criticism comes her way and is not a victim. She can not control the narrative once she puts her views out there.
She should be proud of what she is unless she now regrets what she said or how she looks. Sometimes seeing yourself through others eyes is a real awakening and a reason to change.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:29 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It really isn't social media, they are just tools used to communicate. It's our society, and how it has become filled with unhappy, bitter, emotionally charged narcissists.
The vast majority of social media users are well adjusted and don't get involved in this toxic drama cat fight stuff. But as always,..it's the loudest shock-jock 'look at me' for likes and shares validation that rise to the top and get the attention.

And the news just goes where the smoke is for the most views. It's all noise and this 'reality' drama has permeated entertainment over the years. Now people have the tools to make their own reality tv.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:33 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The mob is going after Kyle's mom Wendy in the most disgusting way. They posted a bad picture of her on twitter. She is clearly a wreck from worry and they posted a photo and went to town on her looks, calling her ugly and a face of "evil". Then they started posting photos of themselves for comparison with their ages, and tbh many of them were not attractive at all and looked older than their age. Some of them clearly used filters. Aren't liberal women are supposed to be empowered outside of appearance? they fought for that. Most of these women were middle aged and older - bizarre and delusional.

How do these people not know they are truly horrible human specimens? Why don't they empathize with Kyle's mom enough to at least leave her alone, some must be mothers or even grandmothers themselves?

I know how low they go but this is just creepy. I don't think Twitter should allow that kind of bullying, it's embarassing.
They (those who are attacking her) are ugly on the inside and I doubt they are what you would call beautiful and still will that the moms age.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't like these nasty posts on social media but she hasn't exactly kept a low profile appearing on Fox News and other shows.
Doesn’t mean she deserves that, she’s his mom, and moms will do anything to defend their child.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A person under tremendous pressure and she appears on national TV on Fox & Friends to alleviate stress? The middle of a contentious trial with extremists on both sides and people wonder why she is attacked.
Because she wants to defend him and tell his side of the story,.. maybe if the other side would shut up, she wouldn’t have to.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:38 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Doesn’t mean she deserves that, she’s his mom, and moms will do anything to defend their child.
She does not come off as sympathetic. I’ve seen serial killers mothers come off better in interviews.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:38 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times
The Left are nothing but a group of sad and heartless clowns.

This mother, who clearly loves her son doesn’t deserve this type of treatment and only proves to me AND half of America, of the evil and pure hatred the Left is capable of.

What this kid did, wasn’t the smartest thing to do, but “I” can see why he wanted to help his community that was being torn apart by mob violence AND a lack of the police taking control of the situation. “I” see this kid who loves his country and community and now, he “might” have to pay a heavy price for protecting himself from both a violent mob AND now, an out of control justice system that will sacrifice this young man in the name of WOKE-ism.

I’m half Black and saw how the media, from day ONE played this on racial lines, when it clearly didn’t involve race. You had three grown @zz violent white men attacking a White teenager who clearly shot them in an act of Self Defense. And for the Left to compare these three White men, WITH serious felony criminal convictions, to three brave and heroic White Civil Rights workers, Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner, who were murdered by the KKK in Mississippi, back in the mid 1960s is truly sickening.

I only hope that this mother’s community AND Americans, from across this country rallies behind her and defends her, in her time of need. The Left needs to be very careful in attacking innocent people with their collective sickness since there are more good people in this country than bad ones. The good ones tend to be silent, but if pushed too hard, they will stand up.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
She does not come off as sympathetic. I’ve seen serial killers mothers come off better in interviews.
So by that you believe it’s ok to insult her and make fun of her looks. She isn’t the first parent or last to advocate for their child. Remarking you don’t agree or shouldn’t comment isn’t bullying and it’s par for the course, but when it turns into insulting, mocking and showing pictures of oneself to show they are better looking in order to mock her is immature and ugly.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:48 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
She put herself in the public eye and has become a public figure. She therefore opened herself up to what ever criticism comes her way and is not a victim. She can not control the narrative once she puts her views out there.
She should be proud of what she is unless she now regrets what she said or how she looks. Sometimes seeing yourself through others eyes is a real awakening and a reason to change.
Ooo, victim shaming with a twisted explanation of why it's okay.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:50 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Ooo, victim shaming with a twisted explanation of why it's okay.
^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies