Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 02:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 839,694 times

Advertisements

Dems never drop issues that are unpopular or unworkable...they double down on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 02:14 PM

15,976 posts, read 6,673,071 times
This shouldn't even be a political issue. It's like deciding whether to ignore a major asteroid impact. The climate change issue is never going away. It is our reality now.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:11 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,622,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
1) We simply do not have economical alternatives to fossil fuels.
Do we have economical alternatives to eating, drinking and breathing? 'Cause we're going to have to find some if we keep feeding global warming lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This shouldn't even be a political issue. It's like deciding whether to ignore a major asteroid impact. The climate change issue is never going away. It is our reality now.
If you've been paying attention, Republican politicians have been quietly transitioning from "climate change is speculative" to "climate change is inevitable" as their reason for ignoring it lololol.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:17 PM

18,781 posts, read 7,696,974 times
The Democrats need to drop the climate change issue.

If we have one topic for each "issue" the Democrats should drop, the first ten pages of the forum will have nothing else.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:23 PM

18,759 posts, read 8,479,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Go ahead and buy real estate in low-lying areas near the coast. If you think global warming is a scam, the land should be undervalued.
the scam is letting China get away with it.....you should check coastal prices....they are sky high...and getting higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
yep, people that do research....and not listen to the scam know

global warming has had no effect on the rate of sea level rise in south Florida...

...it's been exactly the same before...during...and now...for the past 100 years

it's about 1 inch a decade.... and less than 1 foot in 100 years...global warming has not changed that one bit

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sl..._meantrend.png

Old 11-23-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
If you have any sort of science background or at the least took a science course in HS, you can intelligently connect the dots that humans are causing climate change.
TRANSLATION: I have no proof that man's activities has had ANY effect on the climate change we're seeing. So I'll just repeat my insistence over and over, and hope it becomes "The Truth" as my mentor Herr Goebbels promised, and hope somebody will believe me somewhere.

And I'll throw in a pending insult to take care of anybody who dares to argue against my dogma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
If you've been paying attention, Republican politicians have been quietly transitioning from "climate change is speculative" to "climate change is inevitable" as their reason for ignoring it lololol.
Hey, I'm going to start repeating statements with no basis or connection with reality too! This sounds fun! And I can even bash Republicans who haven't done anything wrong and haven't even said anything!

Old 11-23-2021, 03:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,626,281 times
The sad thing is the entire global temp fluctuations could be coming from undersea volcanoes and venting. No one knows what is happening down there.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:27 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,622,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The Democrats need to drop the climate change issue.

If we have one topic for each "issue" the Democrats should drop, the first ten pages of the forum will have nothing else.
Would be interesting to see a list of topics the Democrats should not drop.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:29 PM

BTW, is this thread about "climate change", or about "man-caused climate change"? Two completely different subjects.

There's plenty of evidence showing that the climate has been changing ever since the planet has had a climate.

But no proof that man's activities have had anything to do with it, or that man can somehow "change it back".

http://www.euanmearns.com/wp-content...1-inverted.png

Was man behind all of the climate fluctuations shown in this graph? All the way back nearly half a million years?

Last edited by Roboteer; 11-23-2021 at 03:39 PM..

Old 11-23-2021, 04:03 PM

11,019 posts, read 4,710,364 times
Plus, every time a US official mentions climate change, leaders of the rest of the world tune them out, until they get

down to the brass tacks of how much we will pay them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies