Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 10:23 AM

508 posts, read 460,933 times

Advertisements

Until she stops identifying as a Jewish person, she can kiss my . Nothing she says is relevant.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:28 AM

7,161 posts, read 4,755,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So seriously, toodie, just what in the heck do you want to happen, anyway? Do you quite passionately want all abortion to be banned and women who violate the ban to be put on trial for murder and be subject to life in prison, if found guilty? Or even given the death penalty?
Lol…. Over the top, you.
I would prefer abortion laws be decided by each state.
I also believe that two stupid adults whose irresponsibility results in using abortion as birth control is hideous. And that’s the main purpose of abortion. It’s a birth control method in most cases.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:35 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,611,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Excellent post.

Speaking of Psalms, the one that comes to mind is Psalm 127:3:

“Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.“
ty --- I couldn't have done that post without the help I got as I was drawing a blank. My original argument on it was that God gave us a brain ... in other words He gave us the ability to make choices. We are not puppets or robots.

It is also said in the old testament, 'be fruitful and multiply', seeing as how our birth rates (and abortion rates) are dropping, society isn't replacing itself, this is the choice we are making. Evolutionary speaking, that's a huge change, with effects set to unfold.

For sure children are our future, without 'em, there isn't one. So yea, where is the reward in that?

Old 12-05-2021, 10:38 AM

7,161 posts, read 4,755,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Consciousness is self awareness as well as awareness of external stimuli. Nothing in what you just posted suggests the biological basis for consciousness develops before 24 weeks
Sure it has. You refuse to see.
Good luck.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Genesis 2:7, KJV: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." And so we also know how and when the first soul was created.

Furthermore, no biblical scripture oppose abortion, only passages acknowledging and condoning it (Exodus 21:22, 23:26; Numbers 5:21,22, 27; 2 Kings 8:12, 15:16; Hosea 9:14, 13:16).

The first passage explains how God formed man. Period. It has nothing to do with the formation of life that transpires through the union of a man and a woman.

Regarding your second paragraph;

Exodus 21:22
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Does NOT condone abortion and doesn't even speak to it. It has to do with men physically abusing a woman to the point where she miscarries.

Exodus 23:26
No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.

Does NOT condone abortion and doesn't even speak to it. It's a promise from God.

Numbers 5:21
then the priest shall put the woman under the oath of the curse, and he shall say to the woman--"the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh rot and your belly swell;

Numbers 5:22-27
22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.
23 And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:
24 And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.
25 Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord, and offer it upon the altar:
26 And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.
27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

Nothing to do with abortion. This involves a ritual to determine whether or not the child being carried is truly the child of the father, and if it not, God would punish the woman. In some translations, the punishment would involve physical disfigurement, such as the thigh rotting. In other translations, God would take the child as punishment for the woman's sin.

To put that into context, throughout the bible they talk about God taking an unborn child for the sin of one of the parents. This is mentioned in 2 Samuel 12:14, Joshua 7:25 and Numbers 16:27-33, for example.

I don't even want to waste my time looking at the rest of the passages you've cited because you're so off the mark it's ridiculous.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:59 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,085,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
ty --- I couldn't have done that post without the help I got as I was drawing a blank. My original argument on it was that God gave us a brain ... in other words He gave us the ability to make choices. We are not puppets or robots.
There is this as well, Psalm 139: 13-16:

“For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.”

Old 12-05-2021, 11:54 AM

63,019 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who the **** said that?
lol again at that poster. Unless a woman is raped the woman can control a man's sperm from entering her body and getting her pregnant by practicing birth control and/or insisting that the sperm donor does. No one is relinquishing the man's responsibility and I already said that. However, since it is the woman that gets pregnant she is the one who should make sure that she is protected one way or another if she doesn't want to get pregnant.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:59 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
lol again at that poster. Unless a woman is raped the woman can control a man's sperm from entering her body and getting her pregnant by practicing birth control and/or insisting that the sperm donor does. No one is relinquishing the man's responsibility and I already said that. However, since it is the woman that gets pregnant she is the one who should make sure that she is protected one way or another if she doesn't want to get pregnant.
Lol at men who mansplain why they don’t use birth control themselves, leaving it up to a woman. Mind your sperm. Make sure who you leave it with if you don’t want it aborted, or you don’t want to pay unwanted child support.

Old 12-05-2021, 12:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,611,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

It is also said in the old testament, 'be fruitful and multiply', seeing as how our birth rates (and abortion rates) are dropping, society isn't replacing itself, this is the choice we are making. Evolutionary speaking, that's a huge change, with effects set to unfold.

For sure children are our future, without 'em, there isn't one. So yea, where is the reward in that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
There is this as well, Psalm 139: 13-16:

“For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.”
Yep Psalm 139 was the first verse that popped in my google search, prompted by the comment in the rep section.

"Without the benefit of modern science (ultrasounds, dating methods, OBGYNs, et al), David was able to put into words what the human heart instinctively knows: the unborn child is a human life."

We have all this knowledge at our finger tips, about people, ancient cultures, present day cultures, science, etc ... and yet we still insist that the laws of nature do not apply to us.

It was said once (I know it was said, because I haven't the talent to make this stuff up) that the difference between a civilized culture and an uncivilized culture is that in a civilized culture the society pays someone to do their killing for them, rather than take care of it themselves. Could be some truth to that. Even in the Biblical era, 'thou shalt not kill', and yet it continues in that, there is a time for all things, even war.

I know in the book of Matthew, he tells of who may inherit the earth, imo, the society that appreciates life are the ones that all will be given to them. But that's just me. And we are far beyond what we might think God would have us to do. It is now up to us to determine what we will do for each other.

In that the debates continue in 'what constitutes life' as in the founding father philosophy and the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness for those who are born and unborn, alike. In that the choice has always been and will always be --- up to the woman with child. Providing a safe method is up to the courts in a civilized culture.

Old 12-05-2021, 01:17 PM

23,591 posts, read 17,275,145 times
It require a contract with a man to create a fetus.

when a woman agrees to copulate she has surrendered her sovereignty to a partner, the baby also has a voice.

the fetus may be male.

If the fetus could speak he/she would say my body my choice!

The man is financially responsible for child support so it stands to reason he is responsible for arguing the disposition of the fetus, which we all know if left to nature, will be a human being.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies