Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 04:37 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,478,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If that's the case, birth control should be solely on the woman, along with all financial responsibility if a child wasn't planned and agreed upon, right?
This is a senseless argument going nowhere.

Anyone with any common sense knows or should know by now, that the state is not putting up a red cent for the care of any child until they extract what they can from both the mother and the father.

Old 12-05-2021, 04:37 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,004,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Since they are the fathers of the children and presumably support the offspring for at least 18 years, why wouldn't they be allowed to have an opinion?
Men can have an opinion. But the final decision has to be the woman's because she is the one who experiences the life changing event to her body if she continues the pregnancy. The father can only be a helper and provide financial support.

Hopefully they can come to an agreement together.

Old 12-05-2021, 04:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,326,022 times
Quote:
If that's the case, birth control should be solely on the woman, along with all financial responsibility if a child wasn't planned and agreed upon, right?
Bingo

I’d wager women would be extremely careful if they had to foot the bill versus being able to get child support and free stuff.

Old 12-05-2021, 04:50 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,187,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
My thought after hearing her diatribe was why is she allowed to have an opinion? She's way past child-bearing age and there is no possibility of her carrying a fetus.

However, the best comment was Ben Shapiro's response on Twitter: "I have been reliably informed *by you* that some men do in fact get pregnant, and that some women have balls"
She's entitled to have an opinion. As is Ben Shapiro. One is a genius, the other an emotional basket case. Which is which I'll leave to reader's choice.

I'm also entitled to barely know what 'the View' is, much less seldom if-ever watching it. I'm aware they are legendary for incendiary and emotional opinions far divorced from facts and reason. Thus nothing I find interesting under any circumstances. I vote with my wallet, and feet. Refusing to participate is a strategy.

Old 12-05-2021, 05:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,656,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Since they are the fathers of the children and presumably support the offspring for at least 18 years, why wouldn't they be allowed to have an opinion?
As I already explained, my post was in reply to the person who stated whoopie goldberg should not be allowed an opinion because she is too old to become pregnant. If that is the case, men should not be allowed an opinion because they cannot get pregnant, period. In reality, everyone is of course entitled to an opinion. But no one, regardless of gender, should be entitled to control women's reproductive choices.

Old 12-05-2021, 05:09 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,697,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
My statement re. opinions was in reply to the person who stated whoopie goldberg should not be allowed an opinion because she is too old to become pregnant. If that is the case, men should not be allowed an opinion because they cannot get pregnant, period.

In reality, of course, everyone is entitled to have an opinion, it's a free country. But no one of any gender should be allowed to implement laws that control women's reproductive rights, whether they can reproduce or not.

As for child support, men are legally responsible to financially support the child(ren) they fathered, whether they wanted to pro-create or not. So, until and unless the laws change, their only options to avoid unwanted parenthood are a vasectomy or abstinence. Since forced birthers are always beating the abstinence drum for women (those sluts should keep their clothes on and their legs closed and then they won't get pregnant), the same should apply for men who don't wish to become fathers.

I don't disagree with that, but birth control fails and that failure should not result in unwanted parenthood. Children as punishment is never a good idea.
I see. I wish you would have stated in your first response to me that you don't feel men are not entitled to an opinion about abortion. Hopefully you know the comment about Whoopie Goldberg not being allowed an opinion because she's too old to become pregnant, was in response to her comment that men have no right to an opinion.

If abortions were reduced to rapes and birth control failure, I wouldn't have a big issue with it, although I do believe personally that it's taking a life. The problem is, it's being used as birth control, it seems, with 40% plus women having multiple abortions. That, I have a huge issue with.

At any rate, thanks for clarifying.

Old 12-05-2021, 06:14 PM

63,299 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
As I already explained, my post was in reply to the person who stated whoopie goldberg should not be allowed an opinion because she is too old to become pregnant. If that is the case, men should not be allowed an opinion because they cannot get pregnant, period. In reality, everyone is of course entitled to an opinion. But no one, regardless of gender, should be entitled to control women's reproductive choices.
A woman has control over her reproductive choices "prior to sex". She should exercise them then not after getting pregnant by acting irresponsibly.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,729,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This has to be one of the more disgusting threads on abortions I've read on CD.

So many in favor of kill kill kill. Just want that baby dead. Fling the mom down the stairs or punch her in the stomach if you have to, just make sure that baby is DEAD, damn-t!! [and of course the mention of the dirty coat hanger for fear and horror, although NO sympathy given to the baby who is torn to shreds and killed by the coat hanger, right?]

Why the death cult? Do people truly believe that killing children is the ultimate feminist issue? That killing is a fundamental right of maternal instinct?

Why the mental gymnastic rationalizations over and over for killing babies? The trudging out of Bible verses by people who have clearly NEVER read the Bible, ever ... but who instead attempt to rely on Bible verses and deny science even though they are not religious?

It is mind blowing every time. I will never understand how pro abortionists minds work. It's like reading ultimate evil.
Then take your complaints to the women getting abortions at abortion clinics, since you quite passionately believe women and their abortions are your business. Quite frankly, a woman's unwanted pregnancy is none of my business, especially when I'm not the father.

By the way, the rate of abortion has been declining so much that it is less than 1/2 of what it was in 1980.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,729,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your continued analogies are not logical or relevant.

What are you so hellbent on KILLING? Explain why you believe that killing is the only way to handle pregnancy.

Do you think everyone should be punished for having sex? It appears so as death and punishment are the focus of every one of your "proposed" analogies. Very Old Testament of you, although I doubt very much you have ever studied the Bible.
Once again, a woman and her unwanted pregnancy is none of my business as long as I'm not the father.
Since you so earnestly want to make it your business, do you regularly go to abortion clinics to try to stop women from getting abortions?

Pro-life people strongly feel that all abortion is murder, so they lead me to ask some questions. So I ask them if people should be punished for having sex while having no desire for a baby. Apparently, your answer to that seems to be no. I'm sure a lot of pro-life people get their inspiration for support of prohibitive laws from reading the bible.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:19 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,656,927 times
Quote:
I see. I wish you would have stated in your first response to me that you don't feel men are not entitled to an opinion about abortion. Hopefully you know the comment about Whoopie Goldberg not being allowed an opinion because she's too old to become pregnant, was in response to her comment that men have no right to an opinion.
You are right, I should have been more clear about that. I will try to do better next time. Anyway, it is a circular argument. People will have opinions and are entitled to said opinions. But that doesn't mean they should be able to deny other people the right to control their personal reproductive choices, based on those personal opinions.

Quote:
If abortions were reduced to rapes and birth control failure, I wouldn't have a big issue with it, although I do believe personally that it's taking a life. The problem is, it's being used as birth control, it seems, with 40% plus women having multiple abortions. That, I have a huge issue with.

At any rate, thanks for clarifying.
But that's a moral call on your part. Why is it okay to abort due to one birth control failure, but not due to multiple birth control failures. This is why I am 100% pro-choice. Pro-choice neither forces abortions nor does it force parenthood. It leaves it up to the individual, which is the way it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A woman has control over her reproductive choices "prior to sex". She should exercise them then not after getting pregnant by acting irresponsibly.
No one should be punished with unwanted parenthood just because others decide that abortion does not align with their morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies