Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 12:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,746,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How often do you read the Bible? Study it a lot? Think you know what religious people are thinking? One thing I've learned on CD is that anyone who starts quoting bible verses generally hasn't studied the Bible.

Since abortion is such a source of joy for you, how many abortions have you paid for? Do you donate thousands to PP?

Do you regularly go to high schools and encourage young girls to have unprotected sex so they can get pregnant since you think it's awesome they can get abortions?
So, I don't often open the Bible to read it. If you love to regularly read the bible, then say so.

Abortion is not a source of joy for me. Tell me something, just what the hell gave you the FALSE idea that it is? I haven't donated a dime to Planned Parenthood or paid for any abortions. The fewer unwanted pregnancies and abortions, the better. Ideally, every baby born should be born wanted and dearly loved.

No, I don't go to high schools to encourage young girls to do anything. So, I gather you don't go to abortion clinics begging and pleading with women about to enter not to get abortions.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:35 AM

63,419 posts, read 29,437,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
You are right, I should have been more clear about that. I will try to do better next time. Anyway, it is a circular argument. People will have opinions and are entitled to said opinions. But that doesn't mean they should be able to deny other people the right to control their personal reproductive choices, based on those personal opinions.

But that's a moral call on your part. Why is it okay to abort due to one birth control failure, but not due to multiple birth control failures. This is why I am 100% pro-choice. Pro-choice neither forces abortions nor does it force parenthood. It leaves it up to the individual, which is the way it should be.

No one should be punished with unwanted parenthood just because others decide that abortion does not align with their morals.
Ever heard of adoption?

Old 12-06-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Of course many birth control failures are user failures. But they were not deliberate failures. Most women would find it much too inconvenient and expensive to keep getting pregnant and having abortions when birth control is much more affordable.

I am glad you acknowledge that your opinion shouldn't be imposed on others. I wish everyone felt this way.
Most unwanted pregnancies do not occur due to birth control failures. They are due to not using birth control at all or not using it properly. Those are irresponsible choices.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:54 AM

Here is a chart denoting the failure rate of birth control methods. In every case success is far more the case rather than failure of birth control. Keep in mind that birth control should be used properly and if it wasn't, why not? That's just carelessness then.

https://americanpregnancy.org/unplan...ntrol-failure/

Old 12-06-2021, 07:06 AM

18,495 posts, read 19,132,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of adoption?
Adoption is a solution to not wanting to parent. It isn’t a solution to carrying an unwanted pregnancy. Women are under no obligation to remain pregnant, give up a child to adoption for others.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:12 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,012,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, I don't often open the Bible to read it. If you love to regularly read the bible, then say so.

Abortion is not a source of joy for me. Tell me something, just what the hell gave you the FALSE idea that it is? I haven't donated a dime to Planned Parenthood or paid for any abortions. The fewer unwanted pregnancies and abortions, the better. Ideally, every baby born should be born wanted and dearly loved.

No, I don't go to high schools to encourage young girls to do anything. So, I gather you don't go to abortion clinics begging and pleading with women about to enter not to get abortions.
Just pointing out that the arguments you post are garbage.

If you don't read the Bible, why would you even quote it since you truly don't know what it means?

If you demand that anyone who dares to have an opinion that abortion is wrong must spend all their money and every waking moment fighting against it, then it would make sense that this who love it spend every waking moment supporting it in every way possible to ensure that abortions never decrease and get as many women as possible to get an abortion.

Right?

Get new arguments. The above arguments are garbage.

Old 12-06-2021, 11:00 AM

2,571 posts, read 1,659,458 times
Quote:
Ever heard of adoption?
Why should a woman put herself through a nine month pregnancy and all that entails just to put an infant up for adoption? Just so the forced birther brigade can approve of her?

By the way, there are thousands of kids languishing in the foster care system until they age out, maybe forced birthers should adopt some of those instead of trying to force women to put more in the system.

Quote:
Most unwanted pregnancies do not occur due to birth control failures. They are due to not using birth control at all or not using it properly. Those are irresponsible choices.
What's irresponsible is to force women to carry out unwanted pregnancies they can't afford and sentence infants to be unwanted, neglected, and unloved, whether that's with unwilling parents, or in the foster care system.

Old 12-06-2021, 11:47 AM

1,250 posts, read 687,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/host-w...n-debate-fetus

My thought after hearing her diatribe was why is she allowed to have an opinion? She's way past child-bearing age and there is no possibility of her carrying a fetus.

However, the best comment was Ben Shapiro's response on Twitter: "I have been reliably informed *by you* that some men do in fact get pregnant, and that some women have balls"

LOL. Whoopi was good in "The Color Purple," but that's about it.
Why is she ALLOWED to have an opinion?

Old 12-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Why should a woman put herself through a nine month pregnancy and all that entails just to put an infant up for adoption? Just so the forced birther brigade can approve of her?

By the way, there are thousands of kids languishing in the foster care system until they age out, maybe forced birthers should adopt some of those instead of trying to force women to put more in the system.

What's irresponsible is to force women to carry out unwanted pregnancies they can't afford and sentence infants to be unwanted, neglected, and unloved, whether that's with unwilling parents, or in the foster care system.
Why shouldn't she since she allowed herself to become pregnant? You find killing her own flesh and blood better than enduring a 9 months pregnancy and putting it up for adoption?

I'm sure many pro-life people adopt kids. I know one family related to me that did it.

What's irresponsible is for a woman who doesn't want to get pregnant to allow herself to get that way in the first place. Again, adoptive parents usually love their kids and don't neglect them or they wouldn't apply for adoption is the first place. Even if not adopted out their chance for a decent life in adulthood is a possibility. I know of such a situation. You're just grasping and straws and making excuses constantly.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:25 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,445,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Um, because it’s his child too?

I have concluded that some of the most militant pro-abortionists truly hate men and resent the fact that men can pretty much have casual sex with fewer consequences.
as a former fetus, i have a certain affinity for the fetus....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies