Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 07:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,674,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lol…. Over the top, you.
I would prefer abortion laws be decided by each state.
I also believe that two stupid adults whose irresponsibility results in using abortion as birth control is hideous. And that’s the main purpose of abortion. It’s a birth control method in most cases.
Well, you most certainly feel all abortion is murder, don't you? If so, why wouldn't you think that all women who get abortions should be put on trial for murder? And sent to prison, if found guilty.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
You are right, I should have been more clear about that. I will try to do better next time. Anyway, it is a circular argument. People will have opinions and are entitled to said opinions. But that doesn't mean they should be able to deny other people the right to control their personal reproductive choices, based on those personal opinions.

But that's a moral call on your part. Why is it okay to abort due to one birth control failure, but not due to multiple birth control failures. This is why I am 100% pro-choice. Pro-choice neither forces abortions nor does it force parenthood. It leaves it up to the individual, which is the way it should be.

No one should be punished with unwanted parenthood just because others decide that abortion does not align with their morals.
Doctors I know have said most birth control failures are user failures, and those doctors are not all men. There is no excuse for anyone to have multiple birth control failures. That's an excuse, and a flimsy one.

And of course it's a moral call. At least I agree that my opinion shouldn't be imposed on others, but expecting me to accept a fallacy and believe that women have had the misfortune of faulty birth control multiple times, is a little too much.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:11 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,649,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Doctors I know have said most birth control failures are user failures, and those doctors are not all men. There is no excuse for anyone to have multiple birth control failures. That's an excuse, and a flimsy one.

And of course it's a moral call. At least I agree that my opinion shouldn't be imposed on others, but expecting me to accept a fallacy and believe that women have had the misfortune of faulty birth control multiple times, is a little too much.
Of course many birth control failures are user failures. But they were not deliberate failures. Most women would find it much too inconvenient and expensive to keep getting pregnant and having abortions when birth control is much more affordable.

I am glad you acknowledge that your opinion shouldn't be imposed on others. I wish everyone felt this way.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,966,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, a woman and her unwanted pregnancy is none of my business as long as I'm not the father.
Since you so earnestly want to make it your business, do you regularly go to abortion clinics to try to stop women from getting abortions?

Pro-life people strongly feel that all abortion is murder, so they lead me to ask some questions. So I ask them if people should be punished for having sex while having no desire for a baby. Apparently, your answer to that seems to be no. I'm sure a lot of pro-life people get their inspiration for support of prohibitive laws from reading the bible.
How often do you read the Bible? Study it a lot? Think you know what religious people are thinking? One thing I've learned on CD is that anyone who starts quoting bible verses generally hasn't studied the Bible.

Since abortion is such a source of joy for you, how many abortions have you paid for? Do you donate thousands to PP?

Do you regularly go to high schools and encourage young girls to have unprotected sex so they can get pregnant since you think it's awesome they can get abortions?

Old 12-05-2021, 08:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,966,337 times
Quote:
Of course many birth control failures are user failures. But they were not deliberate failures. Most women would find it much too inconvenient and expensive to keep getting pregnant and having abortions when birth control is much more affordable.

I am glad you acknowledge that your opinion shouldn't be imposed on others. I wish everyone felt this way.
Most women who get abortions admit that they did NOT use birth control.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:

If abortion didn't exist, those women would probably be more careful. They're using it as birth control. There is no way women need to have 2 or 3 or more abortions, for God's sake.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:03 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,649,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Most women who get abortions admit that they did NOT use birth control.
Most? Do you have unbiased data on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If abortion didn't exist, those women would probably be more careful. They're using it as birth control. There is no way women need to have 2 or 3 or more abortions, for God's sake.
Would you rather these women end up with unwanted kids they’ll neglect, abuse, or worse?

Old 12-05-2021, 10:21 PM

16,140 posts, read 6,886,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Um, because it’s his child too?

I have concluded that some of the most militant pro-abortionists truly hate men and resent the fact that men can pretty much have casual sex with fewer consequences.

Few Consequences?
There is only

Matrimon(e)y or alimon(e)y.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:27 PM

7,161 posts, read 4,753,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, you most certainly feel all abortion is murder, don't you? If so, why wouldn't you think that all women who get abortions should be put on trial for murder? And sent to prison, if found guilty.
Where did I say that I “most certainly feel that all abortion is murder”? Please point me to the post where I said that. You can’t, because I never said that. Exaggerating again?

Old 12-05-2021, 11:42 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/host-w...n-debate-fetus

LOL. Whoopi was good in "The Color Purple," but that's about it.
which is likely her facial color during Wednesday's case. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies