Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 10:53 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Imagine dying from Covid, polio, smallpox or any other of a dozen diseases that have vaccines because you don't have natural immunity.
Let's see...
smallpox - 30% chance of dying
polio - 10% chance of dying
covid - .49% chance of dying

Nah...these are not apples to apples to apples comparison.
But you go ahead and keep believing that scare tactic from last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 10:54 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Pretty sad indeed. Humans are a terrible bunch and the ugliness is showing it's head these past 2 years.
There's also posters gleeful that "Republicans" are dying from covid.

They've got a collective mindset and the propaganda has worked 100% on them as they question nothing the talking heads (MSM/government) say.
It's absolutely disgusting how these waste of American's think. Looking back at history, I've often wondered how populations can be turned on each other...now I understand.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The assumption being made is that these are all healthcare workers and thus doctors and nurses etc.

It may very well be that many are clerical workers, security, receptionists, janitors, accountants etc. etc.
You can’t run healthcare agencies without all of the people you mention in your post.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:57 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It's absolutely disgusting how these waste of American's think. Looking back at history, I've often wondered how populations can be turned on each other...now I understand.
I said the very same to myself.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:02 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,884,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
As a patient of the Mayo system, I'm completely fine with this. Makes up for the time they let Fmr. VP Pence stroll around one of their hospitals without a mask for a photo op at a time when they were also telling folks to wear them.
Well then don't be surprised if/when you catch COVID from those vaccinated employees that are treating you but never get tested. You have a false sense of security that Mayo is protecting you.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:03 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,211,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
My question is:

Why were so many Mayo Clinic employees wary of getting the vaccines in the first place?

Btw, HAVE the COVID vaccines finally received FDA approval? And if so, does that mean that people are no longer required to sign away the right to sue if they are injured by the vaccine?
So many? Look at the low percentage. We also have sub intellects in our society. So many, yet the percentage is manageable. For now, and getting numerically better with every unvaxed infection. Lets go Darwin!

Old 01-05-2022, 11:06 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Let's see...
smallpox - 30% chance of dying
polio - 10% chance of dying
covid - .49% chance of dying

Nah...these are not apples to apples to apples comparison.
But you go ahead and keep believing that scare tactic from last year.
You completely missed the point.

If people had "natural immunity," they would never die of any virus ever. That many people do, in fact, die from viruses tells you that the anti-vaxxer concept of "natural immunity" is a bunch of ignorant hooey.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:08 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Well then don't be surprised if/when you catch COVID from those vaccinated employees that are treating you but never get tested. You have a false sense of security that Mayo is protecting you.
I'll take my chances with Mayo and the advice and actions of their professionals over some internet rando, but thanks anyway...

Old 01-05-2022, 11:11 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
A group of cardiologists left my hospital for another one, and the new cardiologists coming in aren't named Dr. Goldman or Dr. Feinberg. Get my drift? Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:13 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All vaccines were developed, trialed and approved for emergency use BEFORE the Delta variant emerged among the 1.4 billion unvaccinated in India and is twice as contagious as the original virus. Then came Omicron from with the 1.2 billion unvaccinated in Africa. It is twice as contagious as Delta.

No vaccine is nearly as effective on these variants at preventing infection. They are however reducing the incidences of serious Covid.

The flu shot is reformulated each ear based upon dominate viruses in the Southern Hemisphere. Last year’s flu shot is not effective against this year’s strains The flu shot does not ensure immunity. It does however reduce symptoms and complications.

Nothing is stopping them from flipping a switch and uploading the new genetic information to create a taylor fit variant vaccine like they said they could. Except, maybe, their inability to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies