Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 03:23 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's more affordable in those states. Otherwise, I'd be living in a blue state myself. You better believe I'm not here because of the politics, lol.
Politics is what makes red states a better financial option.

It's all about the politics. Vote in high sending, high taxing Democrats and we see what we see now. People fleeing as fast as they can.

It amazes me how Democrats never connect the dots between what they vote for and the outcome of those policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 03:24 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,056,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
How about they are fleeing because these states have lower real estate prices, and maybe their job moved down there. Prove that these are the results of red state/ blue state policies.

Well Texas does not have lower property taxes and califorians are all over

Old 01-05-2022, 03:26 PM

866 posts, read 320,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's more affordable in those states. Otherwise, I'd be living in a blue state myself. You better believe I'm not here because of the politics, lol.
Perfect example of why so many people keep voting democrat. They don't see the connection between democrat policy and higher cost of living or higher crime rates.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:29 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
The pattern of blue vs red is really not that evident. There are plenty of red states in the bottom tier and, surprisingly, quite a number of them had strong in-migration last year that reversed this year. And California was not as bad as the previous year either.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:30 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Well Texas does not have lower property taxes and califorians are all over
They don't have lower property tax rates, but they have lower real estate prices overall, correct?

Old 01-05-2022, 03:31 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
If I was sitting on more than a million dollars of home equity because of the strength of California’s economy, I’d be tempted to do some profit-taking and live off those gains for a decade or so in a less desirable lower cost area.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:32 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Perfect example of why so many people keep voting democrat. They don't see the connection between democrat policy and higher cost of living or higher crime rates.
How does democrat policy lead to higher cost of living if it also leads to higher crime rates? People don't pay more money to live in a crime-infested neighborhood. Surely you know this.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:43 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
How does democrat policy lead to higher cost of living if it also leads to higher crime rates? People don't pay more money to live in a crime-infested neighborhood. Surely you know this.
Maybe the defunding of the police department might be one of the reasons.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:44 PM

866 posts, read 320,062 times
Quote:
Where do you live? Have you checked the property values in East Oakland for example?. S****y, run down, old homes in some of the most crime infested areas of the country are higher than nice, new, safe suburban areas all over. I used to live 15 minutes from East Oakland. It was sketchy driving through the area in broad daylight, horrifying at night. Feel free to go home shopping there and let me know how safe you feel and how good you would feel sending your kids to terrible, dangerous schools.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:54 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,052,709 times
Quote:
No, not necessarily. Red states have lower population densities as a whole. Many of them also had historically low demand to move to these areas, especially from white collar professionals. Now if you want to say that attracting these new businesses and industries to this area is maybe off of a more favorable tax position, then that could very well be the case. There are many red states that are suffering economically and are losing population(ie. WV), why haven't their policies translated to more economic success?
The Red state versus Blue state myth is an overlay of rural resource based economies versus urban finance, and white collar business.

In the 1980's American business companies decided to "export" blue collar and resource jobs to other countries. This was followed up with Bush 1 and Clinton making it official government policy that we would import resources from other countries and primarily become a "finance" (also known as Wall Street) economy. I believe they called it a "knowledge" economy.

The export of jobs under the Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama Administrations to China was a deliberate foreign policy decision. The concept being you will never fight a war with a country you trade with for goods.

That didn't work out real well. It did get Trump elected, as the Elites were hoping the American people would NOT notice. They did.

The Wall Street Journal recently did interviews with "American" CEO's and the China issue. Guess what, we are NOT going to war with China since almost ALL CEO's picked China over America. Tim Cook of Apple went even further basically saying that Apple is a Chinese company since that is where most of their workers are located and the largest potential market.

Economies go through political and social cycles. Right now, America is about Wall Street. It was about an Industrial economy in the 1950's and prior. With the Pandemic, even the Elites have decided that the getting rid of our Industrial economy was a bad idea......maybe as the Wall Street Journal article shows our Elites are moving in that direction, but NOT quite there yet.

If you want a better understanding of the entire issue. Follow Canada. It is a "blue state" country that has a "red state" economy.

The Keystone Pipelines and the other Canadian pipelines are just the tip of the iceberg on impacts on the Canadians economy.

Follow Canada and you will have a much better understanding of "blue" versus "red" state issues.

Canada wants to be a "blue blooded" Elite, but its economy bleeds red.

Last edited by 509; 01-05-2022 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies