Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 06:41 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Newsflash, NATO isn't strong since Trump got NATO allies angry with us because the countries allegedly "didn't hold up their end of the bargain."
How did it weaken NATO? Be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 06:46 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
Most likely. But why is the West playing along with him? I mean media hysteria.
Even if nothing is going to happen, it's certainly better for Team Biden to be shifting attention off domestic issues with Russia, Russia, Russia.

They've already tried denying inflation was occurring, then that it was temporary, then that it was good for poor people and the last one was trying to blame the whole thing on corporations like Kroger.

That chain of gross anti-science (science of finance and economics) really ended my patience with the administration.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:47 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
https://www.sss.gov/register/immigrants/

Immigrant Men Are Required to Register

With very few exceptions, all immigrant males between ages 18 and 25 are required by law to register with the Selective Service System (SSS) within 30 days of arriving in the United States. This includes naturalized citizens, parolees, undocumented immigrants, legal permanent residents, asylum seekers, refugees, and all males with visas more than 30 days expired.
Non-Immigrant Foreigners

Non-immigrant men living in the United States on a valid visa are not required to register for as long as they remain on a valid visa up until they turn 26

"Law breakers are required, by law, to register... blah blah blah"

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:48 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
It's not as easy for an American to relocate to Canada as it once was. Understandably, they don't want jobless, penniless and unskilled public charges draining their social services.

Sounds like a good policy...

Old 02-01-2022, 07:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Biden & DC are pushing for war. Will they enforce the draft again for those 18-35 ? We are greatly outnumbered by ground forces of other countries.

Wonder if those that voted for Biden thought they might have to give their life, or the life of a family member, for him and his administration.
Pushing for war? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Look over here at what I wont do and make sure you don't look over there at what I am doing.

In case you haven't noticed, we've been at war for decades. Look up Middle East.

What next? Bidens looking for war with North Korea? Or did he already do that? I can't tell the war mongers apart.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:05 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How did it weaken NATO? Be specific.
The reality is that several were not honoring their NATO commitments, primarily Germany which is/was, arguably, the country that benefits most from both the presence of troops and the existence of the organization.

I already posted a link showing which countries weren't meeting their commitments.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:12 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Drafting unmotivated people to go train and then immediately send them against their will to a war zone? No, that won’t ever be done again.

If the draft was ever implemented again, and I doubt it ever would, but if it was, I could see perhaps backfilling CONUS garrison support with draftees. Then give them the option to volunteer to go forward if they so choose.

But I’d put the odds at any kind of draft happening at less than 1%.
I would place that percentage a little higher, why? 18 year old males still to this day have to register for the draft.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:35 AM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I would place that percentage a little higher, why? 18 year old males still to this day have to register for the draft.
The Congress just hasn't been roused to re-contemplate the law. They don't know what kind of message it would send to repeal it, or what the repercussions of that discussion might be.

By the same token, a lot of states continued to have anti-miscegenation laws on their books decades after Loving v Virginia. Oklahoma legislators, when asked years after Loving why they had not repealed the impotent law on their books, said, "We don't want to send the wrong message."

Old 02-01-2022, 07:38 AM

927 posts, read 586,883 times
And Nintendo fans still whine when their next game will come out. They don't get the world is a lot different then 2016-2018. I wonder how these fans will feel when they are drafted? Can they take their Switch with them to war or try to?

Old 02-01-2022, 07:40 AM

927 posts, read 586,883 times
Imagine the toxic Switch fans playing BOTW 2 which FINALLLLLLLLLLLY came out all the while machine guns are bursting and canons are firing mortar rounds all about them. They are in their little trench cubby hole trying to get the next round of Korok seeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies