Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 11:15 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Black on Asian crime seems to mainly be a problem in a few of the largest and most expensive metro areas rather than a national trend. Many other places have large Asian and Black populations and no such problems. Biloxi MS has had a large Vietnamese population in the Deep South since the 1970s and I'm unable to find any news stories on Google about Black on Asia hate crimes. My previous job was at a warehouse with lots of Blacks and a mixture of Filipinos and Vietnamese and I never sensed any animosity. There was general tension between some Whites and some Blacks but not between any other groups.

I think this is the same thing as anti Jewish hate crimes: in those super expensive big cities the poorest Blacks feel very vulnerable economically. Many are one raised rent rate away from homelessness. They see new groups moving in and thriving and a combination of jealousy and blaming them for rising cost of living creates a culture of animosity. That in no way justifies hate crime, it is the wrong response to legit feelings of economic fear.
A lot of the anti-jewish sentiment from blacks in major cities is driven by Nation of Islam or similar groups.

But intra-minority hate in the US is something that is politically uncomfortable so it is largely ignored as much as possible unless it can be branded as "white supremacy" for political gain.

Just look at this thread. NYC starts their asian hate crime taskforce just to push politics in 2020 and then refuses to release attacker statistics and talks about not creating divisions within the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 11:24 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A lot of the anti-jewish sentiment from blacks in major cities is driven by Nation of Islam or similar groups.

But intra-minority hate in the US is something that is politically uncomfortable so it is largely ignored as much as possible unless it can be branded as "white supremacy" for political gain.

Just look at this thread. NYC starts their asian hate crime taskforce just to push politics in 2020 and then refuses to release attacker statistics and talks about not creating divisions within the community.
Likely Hebrew Israelites as well, when it comes to anti-Jewish sentiment. Come to think of it, many of them hate Asians as well.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:32 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Probably the anti Jewish sentiment from those groups started in response to poor Blacks feeling economically threatened by more affluent immigrants who were Jewish. I've heard from NYC natives that Jews disportionately own rental property and thus get blamed as a group when rents go up. Again, that doesn't make it right or even accurate. Look at the statistics and you'd see Black on Jewish crime was almost exclusive to high COL metro areas and was very rare in mixed Jewish and Black areas elsewhere. The irony is Jews were far more supportive of Black civil rights than any other 'White' group.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:48 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
But EVERY group is more likely to vote Republican than blacks. And Asians still vote more Democratic than Republican so your point remains inaccurate and meaningless.
This thread is about Blacks attacking Asians though. And some people are saying that these attacks will influence Asians to vote Republican more. Asians were already more likely to vote Republican than Blacks in the first place.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Probably the anti Jewish sentiment from those groups started in response to poor Blacks feeling economically threatened by more affluent immigrants who were Jewish. I've heard from NYC natives that Jews disportionately own rental property and thus get blamed as a group when rents go up. Again, that doesn't make it right or even accurate. Look at the statistics and you'd see Black on Jewish crime was almost exclusive to high COL metro areas and was very rare in mixed Jewish and Black areas elsewhere. The irony is Jews were far more supportive of Black civil rights than any other 'White' group.
I've never been to NYC. However, I have heard about the Black on Jewish attacks going on there. Most of what I have heard has involved Hasidic Jews being attacked. I've never thought about Jews owning a disproportionately high number of rental properties. WHO is owning said property, never thought about it, never cared. I've also heard the NOI does not speak kindly of Jews.

You are correct that many Jews were very supportive of the Civil Rights movement. Some died in the fight alongside Blacks. Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman among a few people.

NYC seems to be a cauldron for ethnic/racial tensions over all. Up to the 80s and 90s, Black people were warned not to be in Bensonhurst, lest they get attacked. Tensions between Blacks and Italians too. I've always wondered what that was about.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yep. Most of the Black males that have attacked Asians in these recent reports have been mentally ill and/or homeless. Yes and like the two in NYC - one Jamaican and one Haitian. Posters on this forum use those incidences to go on about stereotypes of Black Americans (rap music etc), when neither man was one. English wasn’t even one’s first language. The Caribbean population struggles with recognizing and properly addressing mental illness and it shows.

But as you said, mental illness is understood for white males but not often when the crime involves black males, who often have significant trauma.
No doubt that there is animosity between Blacks and Asians in some cities. There are Black people attacking Asians in some cities. On the flip, using a mentally ill Haitian immigrant as that example is a poor example. Said person attacked a non-Asian woman beforehand.

Mental illness in the Caribbean population is something relatively new to me. I heard some person say that Jamaicans in the UK had much higher rate of schizophrenia than British citizens at large.

Growing up, I always heard of mental illness being associated with White people. The older I get, the more I consider something. The Black American population probably has a much higher rate of PTSD than most other populations in America. Likely a higher rate of mental illness than is being diagnosed. You mentioned mental illness in the Caribbean population not being recognized or dealt with properly. I say the same thing might be taking place in the Black American population.

I think about this. In the Black American population, there is a sense of "you have to be tough, you have to be strong. There's no time to be mentally ill". There is a reluctance to deal with this. Currently, suicide among Black youths have been increasingly dramatically while it's decreasing among White youths. Few people address this much less ask why this is.

I also think that some people view Black people, especially men, as only being predators whi need to be controlled and "put in their place ", hence mental illness would never be considered.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:59 PM

217 posts, read 141,796 times
There has always been blacj on asian crime. R-slurs are pushing it like crazy to get more Asians to slurp their Kool aid while D-slurs are trying to distract with the boogie-man of the evil white male to continue having Asians guzzle their Kool aid. Most of these attacks have been done by mentally ill drug addicts. Regardless, urban black culture produces drug addicts and madness.

Old 02-19-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleton1989 View Post
There has always been blacj on asian crime. R-slurs are pushing it like crazy to get more Asians to slurp their Kool aid while D-slurs are trying to distract with the boogie-man of the evil white male to continue having Asians guzzle their Kool aid. Most of these attacks have been done by mentally ill drug addicts. Regardless, urban black culture produces drug addicts and madness.
Here is one thing to consider. Violence, drug addiction, and mental illness have been major problems in the ghettos for decades upon decades. Malcolm X spoke about it during the 1950s. What do you think caused all of that as far back as 1950s and before?

Old 02-19-2022, 01:27 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This thread is about Blacks attacking Asians though. And some people are saying that these attacks will influence Asians to vote Republican more. Asians were already more likely to vote Republican than Blacks in the first place.
Who isn’t.

Old 02-19-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Likely Hebrew Israelites as well, when it comes to anti-Jewish sentiment. Come to think of it, many of them hate Asians as well.
The "Hebrew Israelites" hate anyone who isn't Black and they are known for misusing the Bible for their own sordid agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies