Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 07:49 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Yes...the Gangster Mentality in Black culture is indeed a problem that is very rarely recognized and point it out. In Latin American countries it's known as machismo.

All valid points!
It's the gangster culture among the Black UNDERCLASS. What part of UNDERCLASS do some people not understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 08:15 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's the gangster culture among the Black UNDERCLASS. What part of UNDERCLASS do some people not understand?
you silly. there is no Underclass,.there is just Black.

Seriously though. I agree the distinction is important.

But I see little to no effort by leaders to push this distinction. To distance themselves from the obvious extreme end of the spectrum violent behavior. I think this can go a long way.

Is it an Us vs Them tactic? yes. Will it divide the Black Community? I hope so! They are not the Borg, why not distance yourself from them, like you refreshingly try to do, here.?

I am sure Moderate conservatives wanna distance themselves from Far-Right nut jobs.

Why not do that here?

I flash back to that Chris Rock bit where was like,..."there are Black people and there are n^&*&s. and N*&&^ gots ta go!"

Old 02-18-2022, 08:21 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Blacks attack Asians because unfortunately, Asians don't fight back. They are easy targets.

This comes from an Asian friend of mine.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
you silly. there is no Underclass,.there is just Black.

Seriously though. I agree the distinction is important.

But I see little to no effort by leaders to push this distinction. To distance themselves from the obvious extreme end of the spectrum violent behavior. I think this can go a long way.

Is it an Us vs Them tactic? yes. Will it divide the Black Community? I hope so! They are not the Borg, why not distance yourself from them, like you refreshingly try to do, here.?

I am sure Moderate conservatives wanna distance themselves from Far-Right nut jobs.

Why not do that here?

I flash back to that Chris Rock bit where was like,..."there are Black people and there are n^&*&s. and N*&&^ gots ta go!"
I make such a distinction because it's the truth. The Black persons involved in attacking Asians, and contributing to the lions share of violent crime, are often the underclass ranks.

I agree with the average Black person separating themselves from the underclass types. I want nothing to do with underclass behavior. I have been separating myself from such a culture for ages. I understand where it came from, how it developed, the conditions that built it. However, I am not part of it. And I don't see a reason to claim it.

Truth is, the Black population is quite divided, more so than many want to admit. The non-underclass types separating themselves from the underclass is the best thing that could happen. The "Pookie and Ray Ray", sadly, alright kno6their behavior won't be tolerated, but do not care.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:21 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,095 times
They attack Asians because they are jealous of the successes the Asians have had in America in such a short time.

The fact that many of them come here and in one generation, they are owning successful businesses and their kids are getting scholarships and becoming valedictorians of their high schools is putting a kink in the black's favorite lie about how America is only for the white people. It totally blows a huge hole in that lie.

If America is REALLY "only for the whites" ....how DO you explain the successes of Indian and Asian peoples?

They attack them...because they are jealous of their work ethic and hard working culture.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:59 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
I addressed this in a previous response to you. There are a considerable proportion on non “underclass” blacks who still adapt aspects of the gangster culture (speech, dress, etc). That is why blacks as a whole are often time lumped together.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, there is a thread here and onthe NYC forums too.

I can't even call him a thug, he was a mentally ill homeless person, with a rap sheet, who should never have been allowed to roam the streets.

side note: they set up a little flower memorial by a tree out front and it was vandalized in like a day.
With that particular story, it leaves this to wonder. Are there suddenly a rise in mentally ill Black males? Or has mental illness always been an issue among some Black males, and no one has cared until now?

Old 02-18-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I addressed this in a previous response to you. There are a considerable proportion on non “underclass” blacks who still adapt aspects of the gangster culture (speech, dress, etc). That is why blacks as a whole are often time lumped together.
That is still no excuse. Plenty of middle class persons who have dreads and don't even live in the ghetto. A better question is this. What came first: Dreadlocks or the crime? Dreadlocks, or the gangster mentality? What came first? That speech, or the high crime rates.

I think some of refuse to differentiate between underclass Blacks and non-underclass Blacks because they just don't care. One poster even mentioned not having any patience and not caring anymore.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:23 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
With that particular story, it leaves this to wonder. Are there suddenly a rise in mentally ill Black males? Or has mental illness always been an issue among some Black males, and no one has cared until now?
When a mentally ill kills someone it usually rises to a problem.
It's not like a choice to become mentally ill.

I don't think there is a sudden 'rise'. But in the city I have noticed over a decade more and more in places I usually didn't. Nomadic patterns I guess.

I wouldn't say it's a black problem either.
Whenever some white kid shoots up a school, "mentally ill" gets tossed around.

The ones we see in NY, like this case, happen just given the odds.

When they close facilities and just let them roam free after being abandoned by their families becoming homeless eventually one of them is gonna go the extra distance and murder someone.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
When a mentally ill kills someone it usually rises to a problem.
It's not like a choice to become mentally ill.

I don't think there is a sudden 'rise'. But in the city I have noticed over a decade more and more in places I usually didn't. Nomadic patterns I guess.

I wouldn't say it's a black problem either.
Whenever some white kid shoots up a school, "mentally ill" gets tossed around.

The ones we see in NY, like this case, happen just given the odds.

When they close facilities and just let them roam free after being abandoned by their families becoming homeless eventually one of them is gonna go the extra distance and murder someone.
I don't think mental illness is particular to the Black population either. However, this thread is called "Black on Asian crime", hence I decided to bring it up. Plenty of mentally ill people of other races/ethnicities. I've seen it for myself, particularly among the homeless.

I do notice the "mentally ill" label attached to White males who shoot up schools, at least alot more compared to Blacks. When the Navy Depot shooting took place and a Black male did it, nothing about "mentally ill" came up. Same goes for Chris Dorner. Same goes for the Beltway Shootings.

I remember when that story about an Asian woman being shoved off a subway platform took place. Because I don't read the New York Post, I didn't even know that the person who did this was mentally ill and homeless. That thread became an opportunity to vent about Black people being violent. Never mind that the person involved was mentally ill, homeless, and of non-American background.

There is no doubt that there are Black underclass individuals attacking Asians (not to mention other non-Black people), particularly in the inner city areas. I saw a video years ago of a few Black females attacking a Hispanic woman. I also remember a story out of Texas where several Black males gang-raped a Hispanic girl (middle school age). Yes, in those cases, those were basically underclass criminals and predators hurting people and being violent criminals. And I emphasize underclass because that is what said criminals who did those things are. The story that broke out in Texas (back in 2012), Black people were quick to say "they're guilty", basically calling said criminals for what they are.

No doubt about the criminals. However, I notice whenever there are Black males who are really mentally ill, we don't really hear about mental illness. We just hear about "Black people are violent, always have been". I've also noticed something else. In most cities I've visited, the majority of homeless people I've come across (regardless of demographics of the city) are Black males in their 40s and older. I've wondered how many of those men....

1) Have issues with mental illness.
2) Did time in prison and can't seem to live outside of prison.
3) Have other issues and have been abandoned by their families.

I think about those three things because of what you've mentioned about people being abandoned by their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies