Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 12:30 PM

19,221 posts, read 17,102,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure you will see a large demographic shift from Asian populations voting less for Democrats than in the past. After all with Democrats and the media screaming "White Supremacy" when almost every attack or murder on Asian people over the last year has not involved even one White supremist, or even a crazy white person, it doesn't take genius to determine whose lying.
What i'll see is people voting for whoever they choose for their own reasons. What the average person doesn't see is "the media screaming "White Supremacy"" unless they subscribe to the far-right news sources that harp all the time on such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 12:31 PM

6,676 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What is it that the Democrats offer Asians that outweighs all of these negative things?

Voting Democrat may not be correlated with IQ, but it certainly is correlated (in an inverse way) with common sense.
Well, I am not one of those. I'd never vote D with all that in mind. At least Pubs will just ignore me to my own devices, good or bad.

I dunno if it is reality, but over the years I feel like pubs are pretty consistent. They have their conservative views. Merit-based. less regulations, big oil. And Dems used to be bleeding heart, compassionate to a fault, smiling, but still manageable. But now the Dems seem like a steroid version, doubling down on everything compared to the Pubs.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:37 PM

216 posts, read 67,297 times
Black on Asian crime has been an issue in many communities for decades. The only reason it's getting any attention at all now is because the news media thought these attacks were being carried out by white Trump supporters and they jumped on these stories early because they were foaming at the mouth thinking they had yet another opportunity to put down white people but backed off when they realized most of the perpetrators were black people. The news media will do everything in their power to make sure they push their narrative that whites are racist against these so-called "people of color" and that blacks are oppressed. And it's not just the news media. TV shows, movies, and TV commercials hardly ever portray blacks as anything other than model citizens. For example, criminals, uneducated Southerners, dumb jocks, evil businessmen, wife beaters, child molesters, and that guy that's about to burglarize your house in the home security commercial are almost always portrayed as white men.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I don't care if you like my generalization of a figure or not you posted that 27.5% are being committed by blacks that leaves the rest undefined as I said "it only looks like your goal is to highlight that Blacks are the most significant offenders even though %74 are not committed by them." I stand by that statement and I don't need to read another link...
Yeah, i know...SOME PEOPLE CAN'T DO MATH~!
But hey....Michele did it for you ----Wow...~
Don't worry, the Math checks out.
"Black offenders were the perpetrators in a whopping 27.5% of those cases—the highest of any racial group. Given that black Americans make up only 12% of the population, that means black offenders on a per capita basis commit more than five times as many violent attacks on Asians as whites or Hispanics."

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There has been quite a bit of animosity between Blacks and Asians for decades. I.e., L.A. riots of 1992.
Several Factors play into the Cause and effect Model of 'Black on Asian Crime.'
  • Blacks and Asians often work in close proximity to one and another (lower skilled jobs)
  • Many Asian families make their money, selling commodities in Gheto Neighborhoods
  • Lots of Asians are green card holders and don't speak English (or broken English)
  • Asians are small in Statue (usually) and easy Targets for Black Criminals
  • A Majority of Crime by Blacks against Asians are against Women
  • Lots of Asians work in a Cash-business and carry Cash with them all the time (Black Thugs know this).

Link

Old 02-17-2022, 12:52 PM

1,879 posts, read 651,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I view this. I am afraid of reporting on this. The individuals going out there and attacking people need to be locked up and treated like the violent criminals they are.

I'm not saying that the media shouldn't report on this. I'm saying that I am afraid. I have wondered what would happen if more of these crimes kept getting reported on in the media and referred to as Black violence. I am afraid because that is much more of a burden I have to deal with.

This is why I don't like to discuss this. When it comes to crime among Black criminals, it gets sticky. I know there are some individuals who distrust Blacks and are quite angry with Black people (but most who feel this way won't flat out say so). I am careful about who I discuss this with because I don't want to deal with someone who would use this as an opportunity to vent their own anti-Black animus/attitudes. I've been around individuals who have come out said "I'm sick of Black/majority of them are ghetto". I can't think of any reason why I would want to have this discussion with people who have anti-Black attitudes and would take it out on me.

It's not that I don't think we shouldn't have this discussion. I'm not saying we should not talk about violence going on. I talk about it myself. You can look up my posts. I've been a victim of Black on Black violence myself (in a suburban, predominantly White neighborhood of all places). I am just saying that when it comes to discussing violence and in particular, that being perpetrated by Black underclass criminal types, it gets sticky. I have to consider what someone's intentions are. I have to consider that some people use these incidents as a cautionary "avoid Black people. They are a menace to society". That is something I cannot deal with.
Overall, your honesty is appreciated. For the highlighted, consider this 30 yrs ago...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...169-story.html
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then (I) look around and see someone white and feel relieved."
Columnist Mike Royko quoted Jesse Jackson. Essentially, Jackson, who is Black, is afraid of Blacks.

Granted, if Jackson was in a group of Black businessmen or police officers or Boy Scouts, he would not be so afraid, so we can say that his fear is conditional. But that conditional does not alleviate Jackson's general cautiousness. Would Jackson feel the same if we substitute 'white' for 'Asian' in that quote? Probably yes. How many Black social and cultural leaders feel the same way? Unknown because they have personal security who would not put them in any environment where they would risk having such a fear. So for Jackson, and probably millions of ordinary Blacks, it is better to have a general fear of your fellow Blacks until proven otherwise, and proven on a case by case basis. This is a cultural disaster.

Am Asian and even though am male, we Asians are not known for being physically intimidating, so I still exercise caution whenever am in any urban setting regardless of whether am among Whites, Asians, or Blacks. But my 80 yrs old mother have no choice but to be outright fearful. She is not a racist. Our neighborhood in Vegas is a mix of peoples and one Black neighbor helped her several times with her house when I was away. And given the prominence of Blacks on Asians crimes in the news, she cannot help but feel the same conditional fear as Jackson did.

So here is the deal...

The US is not the only multi-ethnic country in the world, but we are the most prominent, and that prominence came mostly from our own horn blowing of how great we are at being an immigrant country which implied our version of being multi-ethnic works and works better than anyone else's version. The US cannot go anywhere else but being an immigrant country. It is not as if the US was mono-ethnic in the first place, then became multi-ethnic, so now somehow the people have a chance at returning to that previous state. This means the burden of making the American people, of all races and ethnicity, works rests on everyone's shoulders.

At the risk of being insensitive, what Jesse Jackson said thirty yrs ago has not changed so like it or not, it is not the burden of other peoples to punish themselves for being 'racist' if they have any fear for their lives the same way Jackson did and most likely STILL fearful. It means that now Blacks must take the lead in self police your community. You and I have gone this round before and I will not change my stance regarding that self policing demand. It is not a 'racist' demand but a social one. It is needed because we, as a whole people, have nowhere else to go.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:53 PM

2,367 posts, read 910,329 times
Black on Asian crime is getting more attention because there's a substantial increase recently. We've seen the statistics. These are mostly crimes of opportunity. There are more criminals on the street in the past two years. And Asians, especially the women and elderly, are easy targets.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:13 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Not sure if it was mentioned already (viewing through my phone), but just last week a black man, tailed an Asian woman entering her NYC apartment and then followed her to her apartment and murdered her. She put up a fight, but wasn’t able to survive the stabbing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-yuna-lee/amp/

Old 02-17-2022, 01:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
DIL is Asian and has talked when she was a young girl (now 50) in Philadelphia, walking home from school and beat up on several occasions by blacks. Her mom, obviously also Asian, had been beaten and robbed several times on her way home from work. It's been happening for years. Has nothing to do with COVID, Psaki is out to lunch as usual.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:30 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
well I am mixed, cannot say that I have experienced racism. I grew up around guns and I know self defense and I know how to shoot. I suggest that people start to learn to defend themselves. Asian, or not, start now.

Things will get worse, not better. Like one poster said, there are more criminals on the street.

For the single ladies who live alone, consider moving back home with families and friends. If you must walk alone, at least carry a Pepper spray which is effective at a high degree of reliability, It is legal in most states, and carries little legal “weight” even in states where it’s illegal.

Your chances of seriously harming someone are very small.

The firearm is the equalizer. “God created man and Sam Colt made ‘em equal”. But the firearm requires training and dedication. In the long run, it is worth it or necessary to own a gun.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:32 PM

6,676 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned already (viewing through my phone), but just last week a black man, tailed an Asian woman entering her NYC apartment and then followed her to her apartment and murdered her. She put up a fight, but wasn’t able to survive the stabbing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-yuna-lee/amp/
Yes, there is a thread here and onthe NYC forums too.

I can't even call him a thug, he was a mentally ill homeless person, with a rap sheet, who should never have been allowed to roam the streets.

side note: they set up a little flower memorial by a tree out front and it was vandalized in like a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies