Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 07:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Asians are more likely to vote Republican than Blacks. If anything, the GOP should be trying hard to get more Blacks votes (and not in the patronizing, "get of the plantation" kind of way).
There are only two types of blacks to appeal to. Poor blacks who want gibs. Rich blacks who want an economic advantage. It would be pointless for Republicans to try to appeal to poor blacks. Which is why Donald Trump spent four years trying to suck up to rich blacks. Promising them the platinum plan as a special perk for black-owned businesses. That got people like Ice Cube, and of course Kanye and many other black entrepreneurs to use their influence to get Trump more votes.

Problem is, all the democrats have to do is scream racism and promise free stuff and the other 90% of blacks won't budge.

In contrast, there is really no reason whatsoever for Asians to vote for Democrats. Maybe some Hmong and Filipinos, but the rest should vote Republican. I really have no idea why they don't already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:55 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Something must have worked as Trump Recieved far more Black votes vs. Biden then he did against Hillary. Old white men were the only large group that came out for Biden vs Hillary
Actually, this is what happened. The percent of Black males opting to stay home instead of vote when it. Black males who voted for Trump would have voted GOP regardless. A decent-size number of Black males basically gave up on voting, seeing it as "it won't help anything at all". Trump did not get far more Black votes vs Biden. He got a higher percentage, but that was driving by more Black men staying home. The Black voter turn out might have risen a bit since 2016, but that was led by Black women. Black people don't like Trump as much as you think. Many would-be voters just stayed home rather than decide between Trump vs Biden.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:27 AM

573 posts, read 260,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
I hear this and disagree.

Its not 'a poor mans' mentality to commit heinous Crime against innocent civilians whom you don't even know...to commit these types of crime you must have 'No Conscience and no Values.'

the problem is 'The GANGSTER mentality largely adopted by disenfranchised Blacks.' Its promoted and Glamorized in Black Clubs, Neighborhoods, Parents, Friends and Schools. This is the problem...
'I'm a Bad MOFO. I do what i want when i want to'...~

I'm a WASP (male). I grew up in a Foster home in Miami. I managed to make it out of Poverty and was one of the few to make it out of the hood in one piece. Most of my foster brothers/sisters wound up in Jail, or OD on Drugs. Its a Surreal moment when you see your foster brother whom you used to Ride Bicycles with now behind bars doing 20 yrs. Its a Surreal moment when you see your foster sister whom was once Beautiful now a Crack Addict with no chance of a decent life in her future.

I've got quite an education and experience with all kinds of cultures. I've traveled extensively and seen poverty in S.America, Latin America and the Islands of the Caribbean.

The problem in the USA is 'the Gangster Mentality' (which is not Germain to Blacks only). Its a Mentality that was largely adopted by Hood-rats as 'the only way to live is be a Gangster. If i'm a Gangster, i'll get respect, i'll make some Bank, I'll drive a nice Ride and i'll get some Trim.'

That's the way they think....PERIOD (you're Naive if you think otherwise). There is no thought of growing old, no thought of getting a real job, no thought of having a wife, nor of Raising Kids.

Gang-Bangers who commit these outrageous acts of violence are out to prove something. They want to be counted as one of the BAD MOFOs not be messed with. The more notches on their gun handle, the more respect they have back home. Gang Bangers get more money, more sex and have more clout then their law-abiding counter parts. Law Enforcement's hands are tied. There's not enough Jails to house them and even the DA's are giving up.

The prolific problem has been exacerbated by loose laws, liberal DA's, over-run broken Justice system, not enough Jails and lack of the Death Penalty. Criminals HAVE NO FEAR and that is a dangerous phenomenon to battle.

Many consider it an honor to go to prison. Unlike other Cultures, The Black Culture does not look down upon their Brethren that get sent to Jail. For them, its like going to college...get better educated at being a Gangster and come out and do it again.

The Justice System has turned into a Revolving door of Degenerates who come and go as they please. There is no penalty for those who are in gangs and go into and outta prison. Its just another Room to stay in...

It does not look promising from where i stand.

On the Flip side is Government which has created a whole Industry in response; The Prison Industrial complex LINK, where the only jobs the Country can create are those of Clerks, Cops, Judges, Probation officers, Prison Construction Cos., and Mutual Funds that invest in this SICK SYSTEM.

And its not just here in the States, but all over the Globe. 'The gangster Mentality' is prevalent in S.America, Latin America, Africa and even Europe.

Countries in the past have eliminated their 'Bad Seed' through War. Gather the poor, the ignorant and the criminals and give them a purpose to kill each other. Light a match and turn them loose. THAT'S IT.

Its a Mad System that has been used for the last 100 yrs effectively by the powers that be. Just look at the Facts. (but i degress into another area of Debate).

If there is a SOLUTION to be found, its not on the Near Horizon. I have little faith in the Corrupt Government that has Metastasized into some Sick Corporatocracy that only Feeds the 1% centers.

Myself i think this; The Cops are not going to save you, nor the Justice System. There is no God that will intervene. Better learn how to protect yourself. Keep your family and friends close. Be smart and stay one step ahead...Stay out of trouble...make it out of the City...it will get worse long before it gets better....

Yes...the Gangster Mentality in Black culture is indeed a problem that is very rarely recognized and point it out. In Latin American countries it's known as machismo.

All valid points!

Old 02-18-2022, 05:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Not sure how they are being covered up when they are all over the news…and rightfully so.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:42 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Asians are more likely to vote Republican than Blacks. If anything, the GOP should be trying hard to get more Blacks votes (and not in the patronizing, "get of the plantation" kind of way).
Not true at all. Look at Los Angeles, Orange County CA (formerly Republican), the Bay area, the state of Hawaii, the city of Seattle, and New York City. Anywhere they have high numbers they swing the vote left.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:07 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,531,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Anybody have a theory on why so many black on Asian crimes?
High levels of testosterone.
Low levels of impulse control.
Presence of monoamine oxidase A gene(MAOA).

These are attributes of violent, aggressive individuals in society.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:10 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,531,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Come on it’s due to White supremacy. Don’t you remember when this Ho said so last year?
I thought this was going to send to an article about the vice president.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:26 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
OP, one of the factors is proximity, especially in urban areas with minority communities.

There is a lot of hate and racism in these various communities but people like to ignore that in favor of pickup truck driving redneck stereotypes being the root of almost all racism and hate crimes.

City demographics are different than national demographics and that's where a lot of the problems occur.

For example, imagine 3 ethnic groups of equal size in a country except 2 of the groups live in big cities and the other group lives in the rural areas. The interactions are not equal.

That being said, it's absolutely covered up because of politics because "white supremacy" is the root of everything and admitting to the crimes of other groups detracts from that angle.
This is spot on. Asians also vote Democratic, at least for now, so all the politicized reporting is focused on trying to keep blacks and Asians on the same side and focused on the "real enemy" - deplorable whites.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There are only two types of blacks to appeal to. Poor blacks who want gibs. Rich blacks who want an economic advantage. It would be pointless for Republicans to try to appeal to poor blacks. Which is why Donald Trump spent four years trying to suck up to rich blacks. Promising them the platinum plan as a special perk for black-owned businesses. That got people like Ice Cube, and of course Kanye and many other black entrepreneurs to use their influence to get Trump more votes.

Problem is, all the democrats have to do is scream racism and promise free stuff and the other 90% of blacks won't budge.

In contrast, there is really no reason whatsoever for Asians to vote for Democrats. Maybe some Hmong and Filipinos, but the rest should vote Republican. I really have no idea why they don't already.
Actually, the vast majority of Filipinos vote Republican, as a large proportion of them are practicing Catholics (and are Pro-Life, and other conservative issues).

Old 02-18-2022, 07:44 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Not true at all. Look at Los Angeles, Orange County CA (formerly Republican), the Bay area, the state of Hawaii, the city of Seattle, and New York City. Anywhere they have high numbers they swing the vote left.
I said MORE LIKELY THAN BLACK VOTERS. I didn't say a majority of Asians voted Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies