Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 09:40 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

I’m actually surprised that China has backed down from this Russian incursion.

It’s really shows your how fake Chinas drama truly was.

Lesson learned, China has no balls and was never in the business of invasions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 10:04 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,122 times
China is looking at the sanctions being slapped on Russia and wouldn't like them one bit. It definitely wouldn't want the type of sanctions Russia would incur if Russia went full blown invasion of the Ukraine. Even though China is our number one competitor and (unlike Russia) is an existential threat to freedom and liberty, conflict escalation with China has gotten no where near to the point where it has with Russia. You'll most likely have countries like S. Korea, India, and Japan dogpiling on too. Xi and the CCP are smarter and more rational than Putin and know they can play a longer game. The flames of democracy still burn. Que the Russophiles and Sinophiles that infest these forums.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 02-22-2022 at 10:18 PM..

Old 02-22-2022, 10:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I swear you people are addicted to drama and sensationalism. China will not touch Taiwan.
Ha, I don't think most Americans would support a government imposed boycott on Made in China products as a retaliation against China for taking over Taiwqn. Neither would corporate heads, such as Wal-Mart.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:10 PM

1,874 posts, read 650,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeIsAscam View Post
He means there are countries like China and Russia that can give us a bloody noise. Ya we will win a war against them but at what cost? A few aircraft carriers?
The so-called 'carrier killer' missiles are for a more detailed discussion. But as far as a war against either Russia or China goes, even if we lose a few aircraft carriers, they would lose much more.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:22 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
China could take Taiwan anytime it wants.
But Taiwanese and the People's Republic worked out a satisfactory arrangement decades ago that works for them both, and an independent Taiwan is the key to their mutual advantage.

It pays them both to be politically hostile to each other too, officially, because that position allows either to gain something in shifting alliances and changing global power.

If the mainland ever takes control of Taiwan's government, I'm pretty sure it will be done with the approval of the people in both nations.

I doubt it will happen until the last people who live in the Mao's Great Revolution are dead and gone though. Since the mutual aggression toward each other began in the early 1960s and all the leaders of that time are long dead, it wouldn't be very long in the future when peaceful reunification could happen.

But it will take some time for all their respective allies to agree and refuse to interfere with the process, so I expect things will continue as they are for quite a while.

Wrong conspiracy theory for the wrong nations.

Make one up about the Korean peninsula and it would be a lot more logical.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
China could take Taiwan anytime it wants.
But Taiwanese and the People's Republic worked out a satisfactory arrangement decades ago that works for them both, and an independent Taiwan is the key to their mutual advantage.

It pays them both to be politically hostile to each other too, officially, because that position allows either to gain something in shifting alliances and changing global power.

If the mainland ever takes control of Taiwan's government, I'm pretty sure it will be done with the approval of the people in both nations.

I doubt it will happen until the last people who live in the Mao's Great Revolution are dead and gone though. Since the mutual aggression toward each other began in the early 1960s and all the leaders of that time are long dead, it wouldn't be very long in the future when peaceful reunification could happen.

But it will take some time for all their respective allies to agree and refuse to interfere with the process, so I expect things will continue as they are for quite a while.

Wrong conspiracy theory for the wrong nations.

Make one up about the Korean peninsula and it would be a lot more logical.
Do you really think that the Taiwanese, seeing what's happened in Hong Kong, want anything to do with the CCP? Yes, maybe when Xi is long dead.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:45 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I swear you people are addicted to drama and sensationalism. China will not touch Taiwan.
China will or will not touch Taiwan is all depending on how Biden deals with this Ukraine/Russia conflict

Old 02-22-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
China will or will not touch Taiwan is all depending on how Biden deals with this Ukraine/Russia conflict
Pray tell, I want to hear your opinion on how Biden should handle the Ukraine/Russia conflict. A lot of conservative Russophiles have chimed in, but I want to hear the opinion of a real patriotic, conservative American. I'm seeing very few pro-American opinions from our so called right wing posters. I'd like to know there is any sanity on the right regarding Russia and the Ukraine. Before you conservatives and Russophiles dismiss me as a democratic shill, check my post history!!!

Old 02-22-2022, 10:57 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Pray tell, I want to hear your opinion on how Biden should handle the Ukraine/Russia conflict. A lot of conservative Russophiles have chimed in, but I want to hear the opinion of a real patriotic, conservative American.
Judging from Biden’s history when he was VP and Putin took over Crimea under Obama/Biden’s watch.

My guess is the result will be the same. Putin will take over Ukraine and Biden isn’t going to do ****

Old 02-22-2022, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Judging from Biden’s history when he was VP and Putin took over Crimea under Obama/Biden’s watch.

My guess is the result will be the same. Putin will take over Ukraine and Biden isn’t going to do ****
Okay. But it doesn't answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies