Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 02:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,455,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I would also encourage people to see erasure's 'gotcha' video on Arestovich. It's WONDERFUL. These Ukrainians are something else, a certain spirit.

The man who just gave that prescient analysis in the previous video is by training: a psychologist who studied theology at the Superior Institute of Religious Sciences of St. Thomas Aquinas. A graduate of Odessa Military Academy who worked in Ukrainian Main Intelligence for over a decade. Then beginning in 2014, prepared combat units under the reserve program and later was most recently was attached to a military unit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksiy_Arestovych

And as you can tell, he also sings. That he can sing, does not make him an "amateur." Far from it. The man ended up calling the shots on this war far better than Western intelligence and certainly Putin, who he in another analysis asserts was kept in the dark on the unreadiness of Russian combat troops months before the CIA and the Brits caught on.
Always a treat to read your informative rebuttals. Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around a bit first. I watched the Arestovych clip before too, posted it over a week ago:

//www.city-data.com/forum/63126267-post989.html

Old 03-31-2022, 02:19 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,541,155 times
Russian Troops Suffer ‘Acute Radiation Sickness’ After Digging Chernobyl Trenches
Quote:
Several hundred Russian troops reportedly rushed to a special medical facility in Belarus after digging in radioactive soil in a forest near the infamous nuclear plant.
Quote:
Local reports suggest that seven buses with the zapped troops arrived in Gomel early Thursday. Journalists on the ground have also reported “ghost buses” of dead soldiers being transported from Belarus to Russia under the cover of dark.
Quote:
Digging trenches in the forest—considered the most contaminated area of the site—drew widespread ridicule from Ukrainians who work at the site.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:30 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,329,087 times
What does Russia want? What are they trying to accomplish?

Old 03-31-2022, 02:32 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
It's all about Putin's ego and reclaiming as much of the Old Soviet Union as they can. This is Putin's War and his alone.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:34 PM

2,612 posts, read 932,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
It looks to me like ultimately Russia will end up with Crimea being officially theirs, the separate regions in the east being recognized as separate (or Russia's I dont know) and Ukraine agrees to not be a part of NATO. I think that is enough for Putin to claim a win and end things.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:40 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,351,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This no surprise to people that don’t get their information from the MSM. I’ve never seen a military winning a war by losing territory and demanding more weapons and equipment from other countries because theirs had been destroyed. Russia is just pounding them, Ukraine doesn’t have the technology or equipment to respond, their Air Force is mostly gone. What they do have is well trained ground forces (NATO trained) that have done a tremendous job so far, but they are getting worn out by artillery and supply lines being cut.
Once again Arestovych said it, and even though he sings in drag the man seems to know what he's about. Of course, he's trying to push along the weapons-pipeline. Early on he predicted the volume of military aid that would arrive from the west, although he hoped for a chance of a no-fly zone with a long shot being some NATO on ground personnel.

Arestovych seems to know his weapons. Before the war, he described the ineptness of Russian cruise missile performance. Guess so:

Quote:
Russia has been lobbing cruise missiles at military and civilian targets in Ukraine. Their performance gives the impression that Russia lacks adequate capabilities to detect and attack targets effectively. ... [Largely aimed against military targets, albeit at times badly], cruise missiles were also used for strikes against civilian and government targets, most infamously including the Kharkiv region state administration building at Freedom Square.

A freeze-frame prior to demonstration reveals the tell-tale rectangular wings of a Kalibr cruise missile, which actually just missed the building. It nonetheless reportedly killed 11, including a family with three children consumed by flames in a nearby car and four civilians who had emerged from a bomb shelter to obtain water.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...ukraine-2022-3

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-31-2022 at 03:41 PM..

Old 03-31-2022, 02:43 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,763,622 times
Does anyone else think that Biden is prolonging this war? I’m hearing a lot of American generals saying that he is not giving the Ukrainian military enough hardware and or advanced hardware that they need to win.
My thoughts are yes as his main concern is lining his pockets via kickbacks from the MIC. And he also wants to distract us from this terrible economy that he’s gotten us into.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 4,580,484 times

Its not like they were not warned....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq47T48u8Zo

Old 03-31-2022, 02:48 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,351,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Always a treat to read your informative rebuttals. Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around a bit first. I watched the Arestovych clip before too, posted it over a week ago:

//www.city-data.com/forum/63126267-post989.html
Sorry I missed it. I found in on Oleksiy Arestovych's wiki page, in the footnotes. Knew it existed, but hadn't realized the English subtitled version was now available.

Later interesting to read the reddit reactions etc. to the full video. Those only seeing the clip are lost in propaganda land, although if you listen to the clip closely as I did - groan twice due to Erasure's constant posting of it - it was still possible to discern his message.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:49 PM

106 posts, read 28,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Does anyone else think that Biden is prolonging this war? I’m hearing a lot of American generals saying that he is not giving the Ukrainian military enough hardware and or advanced hardware that they need.
My thoughts are yes as his main concern is lining his pockets via kickbacks from the MIC. And he also wants to distract us from this terrible economy that he’s gotten us into.
No, that's such a fox take.

He just provided thousands of switchblade drones to Ukraine.

But I'm sure military contractors would love for this to be prolonged. Even Hilary mentioned the prospects of using Ukraine to weaken Russia. So the only real reason this would be prolonged is military contracts, and the chance to weaken an adversary at the expense of Ukrainian lives.

Not to say I don't root for Ukraine, but to see this from an anti-imperialist perspective, you know there's some interest for the US to utilize the situation to their advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies