Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 12:39 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post
You sound like a Russian troll.

FYI - one of my closest friend’s (who is a Democrat) served in Iraq and got an honorable discharge after getting shot and blown up with strappnal. He left a comfy job and risked his life so people like you can freely express dumb a$$ opinions.
strappnal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 12:39 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I support the 2nd amendment...But do you really think America would ever be invaded by a foreign power?
The 2nd was designed to deal with oppressive governments foreign and domestic.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:41 PM

1,069 posts, read 747,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I support the 2A, but you think your AR-15 is going to stop a tank or a helicopter?
The Viet Cong and the Taliban were able to wage very effective guerilla warfare campaigns against the conventional forces of the U.S. They did this largely with small arms, hand held ordnance and improvised explosive devices. The Mujaheddin did the same against the Soviet Army in Afghanistan.

Never under estimate the will of an opponent intent of defending their homeland and their ideology at all cost.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post
You sound like a Russian troll.

FYI - one of my closest friend’s (who is a Democrat) served in Iraq and got an honorable discharge after getting shot and blown up with strappnal. He left a comfy job and risked his life so people like you can freely express dumb a$$ opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
strappnal?
He's "dictating" his post by speaking into a smartphone. Smartphones get lots of words wrong, including that one. And some people never check what the smartphone types.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:43 PM

Libs- do you now understand the 2nd Amendment?

Of course they understand it. They always have. That's why they have been lying so frantically about it, for so long, trying to fool people into believing it doesn't say what it says.

The 2nd amendment was the ultimate defense against people like themselves: People who want to impose bigger and bigger government on a country that was designed for small government, freedom, and personal responsibility.... whether that country wants it or not.

When it was written, the Framers had the oppressive big govt of England in mind. But it was designed for ANY oppressive big govt. Even including the Big Govt that today's liberals are trying to impose.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:51 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Oh, so that wasn't a foreign invasion, on u.s soil? If George Washington was alive today with his militia he would be termed a terrorists --- I'm not confused at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Washington's army was raised from the states involved to fight for freedom from the existing government in place I am sure that the Brits might have used that phrase if it existing back then. 9-11 were terrorists who represented no government or country, sort of like January 6....
Washington's militia --- in which he recruited any one that would serve. He complained of their undisciplined character and poor battlefield performance of the American militia.

The difference between the Sunni and Shiite is the ideology of government rule. What did those that invaded our country on 9-11 have if not an ideology of a system of government, that they would be more than happy to have implemented on u.s. citizens?

As for as January 6 --- the history of America is riddled with the same sort of passions; funny for those living today, to take offense to it.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:03 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Except the poster I was responding to did bring up 9/11, as for our soil being occupied by foreigners I am well aware that was last time was the Japanese occupations in the Aleutians during WWII.

The steal you speak of was attempted by the former President and his minions not those trying to ensure that existing voting rights are protected from those states who would strip away what has been existing law for decades. We just had 4 years of an administration trying to use Federal Agencies and Departments to find dirt on his enemies so spare me the talk of we are now victims.

I agree we are loyal to our country but we can also extend respect to those in government and act like adults just as they should even if we don't agree with what they are doing.
I don't understand what is wrong with a person proving who they are to vote. The Constitution limits voting to citizens. Suddenly, following the Constitution on voting is racist.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I don't understand what is wrong with a person proving who they are to vote.
It makes it harder to cheat, submit fake or duplicate ballots, etc. That's why Democrats hate it.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:14 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Why do people think "libs" don't understand? As a certified firearms instructor, I think my understanding is pretty good.

Every freaking day, someone here thinks they can they can classify a whole group of people with a few trite words. They seem to think it makes them look smart or superior or something. Or they think they can further divide the country by claiming "the other half" is out to get them. If the goal is to divide the country, then get the hell out.

Maybe you shouldn't let most Liberals speak for you then.

When you hitch your wagon to the anti 2nd amendment party..... You shouldn't be be surprised if people think that's where you want to go too.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:18 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Most leaders of the Democratic party, liberals, have promised to take away the right to own guns. That is why people usually just say liberals.
Here's an article on what the Dem candidates in 2020 wanted. Not one wanted to confiscate everyone's guns. Never have, never will, no matter how many times that worn out narrative is repeated.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/here...ry?id=62970498
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies