Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 12:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Oh, so that wasn't a foreign invasion, on u.s soil? If George Washington was alive today with his militia he would be termed a terrorists --- I'm not confused at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Washington fought against professional soldiers, he didn’t go around killing civilians
That may be, but he didn't use professional soldiers during the seven years of war, but a very patriotic American militia instead. (that defines a terrorist today)

The idea here though is, that the u.s. has never been invaded by a foreign country, the use of military force, not with standing, what was 9-11-2001 if not an invasion? imo, the group had to get creative, because of the fact that most civilians in the u.s. are armed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 12:22 PM

1,812 posts, read 902,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I support the 2nd amendment...But do you really think America would ever be invaded by a foreign power?

Of course
you know that's not realistic. You just sound angry
It can never happen hear. Not dealing with reality is a virtue.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:23 PM

1,069 posts, read 747,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I am sure there were some British sympathizers that were hanged during the revolution. Not everyone was FOR independence.
The majority of the actions taken against Loyalists (Tories) were committed by civilians and not the Continental Army. After the war many left and went to Canada or Great Britain.

https://www.revolutionary-war.net/to...s-to-the-king/

Last edited by irishcopper; 02-26-2022 at 12:33 PM..

Old 02-26-2022, 12:24 PM

1,812 posts, read 902,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
When did the Japanese attack Alaska?

And yes, you have been very angry lately. Posting multiple threads a day complaining about this or that. Maybe it's time for a break from politics and city data. Go do something fun.
You musta have skipped American History class in high school.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:25 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He may be on to something.

Arming all the democrats would be akin to Monty Python's "twit races" and they would probably all end up killing themselves with the weapons.
So during all the wars the USA participated in, all the military enlisted were not Democrats? Your logic, not mine in question here. So what say you to that?
I find such a comment disrespectful to the person who died from a shell attack and had their weapons on hand. Not once when I went to the WW2 vet wall of those that served , did I see an asterisk indicating. Ohh they were a Democrat and died from being untrainable . Ergo, their fault.

Some of us are not that h3ll bent to kill for anyone. My conscious is not for hire by the govt. Just because a person has a right to something doesn't mean they are required to exercise it . Some citizens don't even vote. Some citizens don't even practice religion.
While it's not a right...some folks don't even practice common sense.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
I support the 2A, but you think your AR-15 is going to stop a tank or a helicopter?

Old 02-26-2022, 12:33 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I did not even include 9/11 for that reason.

However we did have:

American Revolution
War of 1812
Civil War
WW2- Japan attacked US interests in areas to become states- Alaska and Hawaii- they were US territories
WW2- multiple U boat attacks in US waters
WW2- Japanese firebomb attacks on the west coast
Mexican attacks in 1916

Now we have liberals attempting to federalize elections (steal them) and use the FBI and NSA illegally against US citizens.

We are obligated to loyalty to our country, but the government only when they deserve it.
Except the poster I was responding to did bring up 9/11, as for our soil being occupied by foreigners I am well aware that was last time was the Japanese occupations in the Aleutians during WWII.

The steal you speak of was attempted by the former President and his minions not those trying to ensure that existing voting rights are protected from those states who would strip away what has been existing law for decades. We just had 4 years of an administration trying to use Federal Agencies and Departments to find dirt on his enemies so spare me the talk of we are now victims.

I agree we are loyal to our country but we can also extend respect to those in government and act like adults just as they should even if we don't agree with what they are doing.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:34 PM

164 posts, read 54,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Interesting.

Do you have any specific examples of what the bipartisan United States Government has done lately to make you "fear" it?
For starters, Biden essentially threatening to use nuclear weapons and F-15's on U.S. citizens probably scared some people...

Old 02-26-2022, 12:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I support the 2A, but you think your AR-15 is going to stop a tank?
If and when the u.s. Army is called upon to squash domestic affairs, for sure the AR-15 would be rendered useless, as life in American would never be the same. Doesn't mean that people won't try to restore it ... just means the resistance would be futile.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:35 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Libs- do you now understand the 2nd Amendment?

Of course they understand it. They always have. That's why they have been lying so frantically about it.

Last edited by Roboteer; 02-26-2022 at 12:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies