Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 06:16 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
34 posts and nobody has mentioned rent yet. My rent went up a lot more than my gasoline, on a prorated annualized basis. Absolute dollars, not percentages.

Also, don't be fooled by the 7.9% CPI number due to constantly and consistently revising the inflation calculation to get lower results. Calculated by 70's methods, CPI is up at least 12%. Politicians are whores. Every adjustment made to the inflation and unemployment calculations made since the 1970s has been intentionally designed to make a lower, rosier picture of each. It is a lie. Don't believe it.
I don't rent gent or buy gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 06:18 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
You obviously want to keep your wife fat and sick.
See here folks, pure ignorance of the left..yet WE are the ones that are wrong.

So, since you are so informed, please tell us which type of Diabetes my wife has (you do understand there is more than a single type?,yes)?

Quote:
But this isn't want the thread is about. Anyway...
You brought up fasting, all I pointed out is that everyone cannot fast, why are you mad at that?

Why did you bring up fasting? That's not what this thread is about?

Old 03-14-2022, 06:22 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
That's just a terrible thing to say to someone whose spouse is sick.

I can't believe we're resorting to personal insults on a thread about inflation -- which is real and will affect us all.
It isn't an insult, it is true. Fasting is one of the best things you can do to lose weight and cure diabetes. Since he is desperate to deny that his wife could fast -- and very rude about it -- hijacking a thread to make it about his wife... he must know that and his guilt is making him act so poorly.

Anyway I am trying to get the thread back on track. People need to stay on thread, mmmkaaay?

Old 03-14-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why did you bring up fasting? That's not what this thread is about?
It is about using fasting as a mechanism to save money. Clearly directly on point.

Quote:
I pointed out is that everyone cannot fast,
And I pointed out that you didn't provide an example of someone who cannot fast.

And then requested that people get back on the subject.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
That's just a terrible thing to say to someone whose spouse is sick.

I can't believe we're resorting to personal insults on a thread about inflation -- which is real and will affect us all.
Thank you. Just look at the response you just got.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
It is about using fasting as a mechanism to save money. Clearly directly on point.
Nope.

Quote:
And I pointed out that you didn't provide an example of someone who cannot fast.
My wife cannot fast, as I stated earlier.

Quote:
And then requested that people get back on the subject.
You should have never gotten off topic in the first place.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:29 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Give it up you 2. Lets not clog the thread with this back and forth BS jess.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Give it up you 2. Lets not clog the thread with this back and forth BS jess.
I gave up. He is on Ignore.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:32 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,415,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Everyone, everywhere suffers. It's global. It's aftermath of COVID.
Prices of goods are going up because of higher wages too.
People in other countries didn't get big checks to help survive. Everyone struggle.

Maybe some people should reevaluate their budget? Cut on "wants "and only get "needs"? At least for a while till things stabilize?

Hey, you're being logical here, we cant have that. They have to blame Biden for everything. This would of happened no matter who is president. Its not just us here in this country. Its like the perfect storm. Covid hit. Mandates, shutdowns at factories, layoffs, supply chain problems, food shortages, people quitting jobs. It affects everything and everybody. It takes time to fix. Remember that saying, saving for a rainy day, well its storming out. Run your house like a business. Dont spend what you dont have.

''Another historically high 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in December, according to the Labor Department's latest Job Openings and Labor Turnover report, closing out a record-shattering year when roughly 47.4 million people voluntarily left their jobs for better work during the pandemic and Great Resignation.''

Old 03-14-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I gave up. He is on Ignore.
They were talking about you. Still no one is surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies