Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 11:35 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Gas is over $4 per gallon. I do all the grocery shopping and have for years. In the past few months prices have gone up on absolutely everything by at least 20 percent if not more. I often read how the average American lives paycheck to paycheck with little savings. How are people going to afford basic necessities? Things could get ugly if credit dries up and food stamps aren’t increased substantially (though that would just make things worse in the long run). I don’t see us pulling out of this tailspin any time soon.
Many americans have lived paycheck to paycheck for decades with nothing left over to put into savings. This is how I grew up. We were poor but my mom knew how to budget so that we didn't go hungry. She worked two jobs for awhile. And my dad made an awesome SOS which costs nothing. You do what you have to do to provide for your family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 03:28 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Fed hasn't made a move yet to increase rates although they said last June that is what they were going to do.

Meanwhile we have runaway inflation. 7.9% is what the media says but I personally see 20%.

That is set to happen tomorrow (3/16).

Old 03-15-2022, 03:45 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What Bull CRAP....

My wife is a diabetic, she cannot fast.

So glad you only think about yourself.
Dial it back - she was offering what works for her not trying to rile you. We have no knowledge of your household situation - people are just replying with what they are doing to reduce costs.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:01 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Voting for communism has always led to mass starvation events. I hope you are stocking up on food ammo and guns like we told you to do a year ago. Because we told you a year ago voting for communism historically always leads to mass starvation events.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:31 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Hey, you're being logical here, we cant have that. They have to blame Biden for everything. This would of happened no matter who is president. Its not just us here in this country. Its like the perfect storm. Covid hit. Mandates, shutdowns at factories, layoffs, supply chain problems, food shortages, people quitting jobs. It affects everything and everybody. It takes time to fix. Remember that saying, saving for a rainy day, well its storming out. Run your house like a business. Dont spend what you dont have.

''Another historically high 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in December, according to the Labor Department's latest Job Openings and Labor Turnover report, closing out a record-shattering year when roughly 47.4 million people voluntarily left their jobs for better work during the pandemic and Great Resignation.''
Joe Biden flushed America down the toilet the first week he was in office. And explain why our southern border is still wide open. Who do you think is going to foot the bill to take care of all these illegal immigrants? Businesses will be forced to cut jobs to offset inflation. Don't spend what you don't have is a given when you don't have a job because you were laid off.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:01 AM

4,974 posts, read 2,715,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
It was enough for me. I know how to be frugal, I live my life that way.
Not everyone is in your position or has your advantages. The sacrifices of many are hard to bear. But yes, Trump is no longer President so it is worthwhile pain.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:03 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Gas is over $4 per gallon. I do all the grocery shopping and have for years. In the past few months prices have gone up on absolutely everything by at least 20 percent if not more. I often read how the average American lives paycheck to paycheck with little savings. How are people going to afford basic necessities? Things could get ugly if credit dries up and food stamps aren’t increased substantially (though that would just make things worse in the long run). I don’t see us pulling out of this tailspin any time soon.
We're on the path to becoming like Venezuela, so we'll have to endure seeing all of the money and power going to the political elites that our low IQ manipulated voters elect.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:04 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Elections and pandemics have consequences. And now with the addition of an escalating conflict which is affecting the world. We are in for a wild ride, buckle up !

Old 03-15-2022, 06:06 AM

4,974 posts, read 2,715,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We're on the path to becoming like Venezuela, so we'll have to endure seeing all of the money and power going to the political elites that our low IQ manipulated voters elect.
That doesn't matter!

Trump is no longer President! That's all that matters!

Old 03-15-2022, 06:19 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Same here, but shocked that mini-pies at Wal-Mart are still only a measly 50 cents.

I used to buy Walmart wings in the deli once in a blue moon. I would get 4 for $2 or $2.50. The other day I went in and there is a 6 wing minimum. Which makes no sense. And it was $7.99 for 6.

I know gallons of water doubled in price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies