Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 02:54 PM

3,515 posts, read 1,420,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Tip your GrubHub driver when you're done crying that river about sitting in front of a computer in your jammies.

The rest of the world kept right on going without you.
If you really think my job is easy, feel free to come and join us! We're looking for new people because our turnover has been quite high these past two years. If it's as easy as you think it is, I think you'll enjoy it because it pays very well... probably pays significantly more than your blue collar job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 03:00 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,323,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
If you really think my job is easy, feel free to come and join us! We're looking for new people because our turnover has been quite high these past two years. If it's as easy as you think it is, I think you'll enjoy it because it pays very well... probably pays significantly more than your blue collar job.

LOL nice deflection.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:03 PM

18,463 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:

I'm sure it probably does.

It's always been my experience that the less actual work a job requires, the more it pays.

It's always mystified me how that makes some people happy though. ...how they have any self respect for getting paid stupid money for doing nothing.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Well, if I went into a store that didn't have a huge "Masks Required!" sign at the entrance, I get to assume they don't require masks. If an employee said something to me about not having one, I'd be having some choice words in response...lol.

Very, very few places enforced masks here in the Southeast - it just wasn't worth the trouble to get into shouting matches with peeved customers.

Ok fine, I'm willing to agree to disagree about this whole debate. But I do have one question and this is truly a serious one and I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time by asking this.... how can we be so sure that this "masks optional" trend is here to stay? You have no idea how sick and tired I am of hearing... ok cases rising, masks required.... cases down, masks optional.... oh no cases rising again, masks required again.... ok cases declining again, masks optional again!! It's getting out of control!

So how can we be sure that we're really truly at this endemic stage where the masks coming off is truly here to stay this time, especially after all this back and forth with masks these past two years?? If I'm going to feel comfortable taking my mask off, I want to know that we are absolutely certain that this is a trend that is here to stay! I don't want to take off my mask and then get sucked back into paranoia later on again!

3,730 posts, read 1,323,725 times
Quote:
Republicans said the pandemic would end after the 2020 election. They were wrong! Then Republicans said it was ending in June 2021 when people were vaccinated and cases went down...and they were wrong again.

And Democrats were never right either. Both parties were wrong throughout these two years! So why should I trust them now when they say the pandemic is ending and that masks are no longer necessary? My mental health has slipped because I lost trust in what I was told because everything that was told to me was wrong!

Well, seeing as Frances Collins and Fauci were exposed with going against the Great Barrington Declaration that laid out how lock downs would do more hard than good, as well as both working together to threaten the careers of Dr Bhattacharya, Sunetra Gupta, and Martin Kulldorff by smearing their careers if they went against the grain, I'd have to agree that we could've ended the pandemic after the election. Especially since a recent study from John Hopkins University showed the lock downs and mandates helped us by a whopping .02%.

17,683 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Quote:
Not to get this thread off topic, but working from home is no walk in the park either. Having to stay in front of your computer for 10+ hours per day at home doing nothing but wracking your brain without being able to go out and get a breathe of fresh air can take a toll on one's mental health! At least when we were back in the office, we got to go out with our colleagues and break for lunch or even just step out with people to grab a cup of coffee. But not anymore!

Computer work is not fun and games. It's never end mind games that requires a lot of thinking and because of that, we could sure you some social interaction and going out every now and then to clear our heads!
You poor thing. Wearing multiple masks while home alone must make your desk job even more stressful. Sounds horrible.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:07 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,799,546 times
Quote:
Ok fine, I'm willing to agree to disagree about this whole debate. But I do have one question and this is truly a serious one and I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time by asking this.... how can we be so sure that this "masks optional" trend is here to stay? You have no idea how sick and tired I am of hearing... ok cases rising, masks required.... cases down, masks optional.... oh no cases rising again, masks required again.... ok cases declining again, masks optional again!! It's getting out of control!

So how can we be sure that we're really truly at this endemic stage where the masks coming off is truly here to stay this time, especially after all this back and forth with masks these past two years?? If I'm going to feel comfortable taking my mask off, I want to know that we are absolutely certain that this is a trend that is here to stay! I don't want to take off my mask and then get sucked back into paranoia later on again!
You're free to do whatever you want.

I assure you that exactly ZERO people care except if you're up in THEIR business about it.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm sure it probably does.

It's always been my experience that the less actual work a job requires, the more it pays.

It's always mystified me how that makes some people happy though. ...how they have any self respect for getting paid stupid money for doing nothing.

LOL, ok keep believing that if it helps you sleep better at night.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:12 PM

18,463 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:
LOL, ok keep believing that if it helps you sleep better at night.

I sleep just fine knowing that any job that doesn't require leaving the house or even putting pants on can't really be that difficult.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
You're free to do whatever you want.

I assure you that exactly ZERO people care except if you're up in THEIR business about it.
It's not so much about what other people think ; it's the fact that I have no more trust in what I'm told. I'm told cases are down, so it's safe for people to take off their mask. I was told this exact same thing last year, which I actually listened to and stopped wearing masks for a brief period of time. And then later on, I was mandated to put the masks back on! So why should I believe the media when they say AGAIN that the pandemic is coming to a close and we can take off our masks?? It's like, how many times must a person cry wolf before we can trust them again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies