Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 03:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah okay, your admitting that your previous comment is false. "Most Dems are pro-CHOICE" but only when it suits their agenda. The Dem mantra "My body, my choice", but only in Dem approved circumstances. We see how y'all are.
As a Democrat I was against mask and covid vaccines mandates and doubly so after it was proven they don't work to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. You'd be smarter off asking people how they can oppose the state death penalty for murderers, yet are pro-choice or pro-abortion rights for women's reproductive decisions. And what about people who claim to be pro-life but support the death penalty?

Old 04-15-2022, 03:27 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I can see exceptions being made in cases of threats to the mother's life or health, problems with the baby's health, rape, or incest. All of those combined account for only 1.7% of all abortions.

As for those who conscientiously use birth control correctly each and every time but still get pregnant, it is a known fact that birth control methods are not 100% effective. Women know that and it's up to them to decide whether or not to risk pregnancy even though the likelihood is extremely low. It's the same type of choice people make when they get in a vehicle to drive or as a passenger. There is a 4.4% chance that the auto will be involved in a collision (US statistic: 12.15 million vehicles involved in collisions per year out of 284 million total vehicles). Can that 4.4% abort the collision? No. You accept the known risk and abide by the consequences.
So you’ll make exceptions for killing babies, taking a human life, as long as the circumstances meet your approval.

Gotcha.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not all people who don't wear masks and/or don't get vaccinated are contagious.

Nope. An embryo, fetus, etc., are all stages in the human life cycle.
Unfortunately for you, humans have determined that embryos don't have full human rights. Neither do fetuses.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
She is not assuming. It has happened before.it will happen again. Women will find ways to abort. All methods are not safe.
Yes, assuming. What’s the percentage of both a man and a woman using birth control and the woman getting pregnant?

Why can’t folks be responsible?

Old 04-15-2022, 03:40 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yes, assuming. What’s the percentage of both a man and a woman using birth control and the woman getting pregnant?

That’s an excellent question. My answer is - I dunno, human nature, people gamble with all sorts of things thinking it won’t happen to them. That’s one reason.

So what’s your solution? I mean apart from having all these irresponsible people giving birth to babies they don’t want?

Old 04-15-2022, 03:41 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

I don't know why some folks can't seem to be as responsible as you expect them to be. "Just say no" didn't work too well for the war on drugs either. We have to deal with what is, not what we wish it to be.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:46 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Where is the sperm donor in all of this.? Going merrily on his way. Guys, get yourself a vasectomy.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I don't know why some folks can't seem to be as responsible as you expect them to be. "Just say no" didn't work too well for the war on drugs either. We have to deal with what is, not what we wish it to be.
Quite the strawman argument as to the war on drugs, but being irresponsible isn’t a valid excuse when there’s options available to prevent pregnancy.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Where is the sperm donor in all of this.? Going merrily on his way. Guys, get yourself a vasectomy.
Girls, just say no when a guy won’t use birth control. Send them on his way…and let’s not forget, tubal ligation is also an option.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:55 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
People like to have sex they are not going to quit because you are wagging your finger about it. And not all women who end up pregnant had sex voluntarily and a fair number used birth control but it failed.
1) No one is asking anyone to stop having sex. You're projecting. We just expect them to be responsible about it and use birth control correctly each and every time. I've already told you from my experience, the women and men I know who have the most active sex lives are the most conscientious about using birth control correctly every single time.

2) We already know that rapes account for only 0.3% of all abortions. AND we know that 95% of all abortions are due to unintended pregnancies, 95% of which are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex.

The reason so many women are stuck in stupid is exactly because of attitudes like yours, constantly making excuses out of your bizarre belief that women are too stupid to be able to act in their own best interest.

Quote:
Or maybe their husband moved out before the baby was born and went home to live with mommy or worked under the table and she knew that she would have to raise the baby alone. The real world is far different and nuanced than you would probably like to admit.
In what world are women unable to recognize a dysfunctional man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies