Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 04:52 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The solution is being responsible or accept the consequences. So few folks choose to do that, and instead take the easy way out. Why not put the baby up for adoption?
I dunno why not. I’m not them.

What if they don’t? As far as I know there’s no law stating they have to. Now all these dreadfully irresponsible people are parents of actual children.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:04 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Killing in self-defense is permitted. Killing another because they're an inconvenience to you is not. So from your post we can count you in the "no abortions for the sake of convenience" camp?
Nope, I don’t care why people get an abortion, it’s their decision not mine.

What about the life of the baby? Killing a baby in self defence is ok? But a rapist’s baby isn’t going to hurt a person anymore than any other baby. (Psychologically yes, physically no). Why is that baby dispensable?

It’s because you don’t hold the mother “responsible”.

Making women carry unwanted pregnancies is a punitive measure. Thanks for finally admitting it.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
You’re assuming, but either way, Just say no. Problem solved. What’s so hard to understand? Why can’t folks be responsible?
She's not assuming, abortion was illegal when I was in high school, but girls still got pregnant. Girls who were from wealthy families who had connections to the 'right doctor' would miss two or three days of school and come back magically unpregnant after a 'gynecological procedure'. The rest of the girls would have their boyfriend kick them in the stomach until they miscarried, or have a retired nurse perform the abortion. Everyone knew where to go if you needed an abortion, it was no secret. My best friend's parents wouldn't let her in the house when they found out she was pregnant so she had an illegal abortion, got an infection and ended up having a hysterectomy at 17. The principal gave us a pep talk about how we should be careful not to get pregnant and said that the prior year, 1963; 1/3 of the girls graduating were pregnant or had been pregnant during the school year.

You can make abortion illegal but you aren't going to stop it from happening, all you do is make it more dangerous - sort of like we've done with the war on drugs.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I dunno why not. I’m not them.

What if they don’t? As far as I know there’s no law stating they have to. Now all these dreadfully irresponsible people are parents of actual children.
Lol. Don’t have to be them. Putting it up for adoption is simply an option.

Nobody said it was a law. Then put it up for adoption. Problem solved. It’s really not as hard as you’re trying to make it.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:35 PM

18,108 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
But they do have a choice before they even become pregnant, more than one actually. Protected sex, no sex, no vaginal sex, ..

Plenty of choices.
Ever hear of rape? Incest? Sexual assault? Exploitation of minors? Trafficking?

Those are not choices, but young ladies in any of those situations can end up with a pregnancy.

Those with no uterus shouldn't have control over those who do.

Although, if men were forced to be sterilized, so they couldn't get anyone pregnant (by accident, of course), the uproar would be loud & intense.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:36 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
Lol. Don’t have to be them. Putting it up for adoption is simply an option.

Nobody said it was a law. Then put it up for adoption. Problem solved. It’s really not as hard as you’re trying to make it.
We've been through that. A nine month pregnancy and birthing a baby isn't always a walk in the park for a lot of women.

When you can get pregnant, see your stretch marks, have non-stop nausea, get gestational diabetes, are confined to bed for 6 months, and rip open from vagina to anus giving birth, come back and talk about "just" giving up a baby for adoption. 'K?

And to top it off, having an abortion is safer than giving birth.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
She's not assuming, abortion was illegal when I was in high school, but girls still got pregnant. Girls who were from wealthy families who had connections to the 'right doctor' would miss two or three days of school and come back magically unpregnant after a 'gynecological procedure'. The rest of the girls would have their boyfriend kick them in the stomach until they miscarried, or have a retired nurse perform the abortion. Everyone knew where to go if you needed an abortion, it was no secret. My best friend's parents wouldn't let her in the house when they found out she was pregnant so she had an illegal abortion, got an infection and ended up having a hysterectomy at 17. The principal gave us a pep talk about how we should be careful not to get pregnant and said that the prior year, 1963; 1/3 of the girls graduating were pregnant or had been pregnant during the school year.

You can make abortion illegal but you aren't going to stop it from happening, all you do is make it more dangerous - sort of like we've done with the war on drugs.
Heard it all before, and nobody’s saying there won’t be zero pregnancy happening. What’s being said is hopefully they learn from the past and with higher consequences they’ll become more responsible.

Be more responsible or put the baby up for adoption. Easy solutions.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
We've been through that. A nine month pregnancy and birthing a baby isn't always a walk in the park for a lot of women.

When you can get pregnant, see your stretch marks, have non-stop nausea, get gestational diabetes, are confined to bed for 6 months, and rip open from vagina to anus giving birth, come back and talk about "just" giving up a baby for adoption. 'K?

And to top it off, having an abortion is safer than giving birth.
Then be more responsible. Problem solved.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Abortion is not an easy out no matter what the ant choicers think.
That’’s partially why I’d love to see the abortion rate lowered. Taking responsibility sooner is actually easier than having an abortion.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Combined, they account for only 0.33% of abortions. That's about 2,500 out of the 680,000 annual abortions.

Mother and/or baby health issues, combined, are another 1.4%. The total percentage of abortions that are due to anything other than pure convenience is only 1.73%.

Over 98% of abortions in the US are performed solely for the sake of convenience. About 670,000 are killed each year solely because their existence is an inconvenience to someone else.

Contrast that with the 11,000 gun killings that are committed each year that has the left all apoplectic and wanting to grab our guns.
Since abortion troubles you so dearly, I can't imagine you not seeing a solution for it other than to ban abortion and impose prison terms on women who get them as well as on doctors who give them. Iraq and Haiti require prison time, but who wants to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies