Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2022, 10:54 AM

23,644 posts, read 12,569,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You SAY that both men and women should be responsible, but if it comes down to the man having a vasectomy, you look for excuses why men can't possibly do that. Effectively, that throws all the responsibility back on the woman. And no, condoms are not as reliable as vasectomies for birth control.

Good day.
Why do you believe men should have a vasectomy rather than using a condom, and maybe making sure the woman is also using some form of BC?

Old 04-16-2022, 10:58 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why do you believe men should have a vasectomy rather than using a condom, and maybe making sure the woman is also using some form of BC?
I have no problem with those options. That was not the point of my discussion with that other poster. You can read it again if you care to. He was ready to take responsibility from the male side of things, until the discussion of vasectomies came up. Then he started looking for excuses to not support that option.

The reason I mentioned that condoms are not as reliable as vasectomies was to anticipate his next excuse.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Don't get your question.

If a large or somewhat large percentage of men got vasectomies, don't you think that would substantially cut down the number of unintended pregnancies?
You understand that WOMEN are the ones that get pregnant, right?

If women are having unprotected sex and/or not using birth control they know that they can get pregnant right?

Your idiotic idea that all men should have vasectomies doesn't change the fact that WOMEN are the ones that get pregnant. Again... you do know that right?

Be careful what you wish for. You want to 'punish' men because women refuse to take care of their own health.

P-ss poor idiot logic. The 'vasectomy' argument highlights what victims women are. Poor poor women, need men to protect them because they are too dumb / incapable to do it for themselves.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:07 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
I have no problem with those options. That was not the point of my discussion with that other poster. You can read it again if you care to. He was ready to take responsibility from the male side of things, until the discussion of vasectomies came up. Then he started looking for excuses to not support that option.

The reason I mentioned that condoms are not as reliable as vasectomies was to anticipate his next excuse.
Lol. I never opposed a vasectomy. I simply proved that your claim that tubal ligation is more traumatic than a vasectomy is wrong.

No excuses here. Just proof…and that both men and women should both take responsibility.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I have no problem with those options.
Actually, your postings prove that you do.
Quote:
That was not the point of my discussion with that other poster. You can read it again if you care to. He was ready to take responsibility from the male side of things, until the discussion of vasectomies came up. Then he started looking for excuses to not support that option.

I did read. His posts are not as you claim.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You understand that WOMEN are the ones that get pregnant, right?

If women are having unprotected sex and/or not using birth control they know that they can get pregnant right?

Your idiotic idea that all men should have vasectomies doesn't change the fact that WOMEN are the ones that get pregnant. Again... you do know that right?

Be careful what you wish for. You want to 'punish' men because women refuse to take care of their own health.

P-ss poor idiot logic. The 'vasectomy' argument highlights what victims women are. Poor poor women, need men to protect them because they are too dumb / incapable to do it for themselves.
Ease off please. I never said ALL men should get vasectomies. Just that if a substantial number of them did, it would help cut down on unintended pregnancies.

Many problems in life can be improved by using a variety of solutions because one size doesn't fit all.

I don't know why you think a vasectomy is punishing a man. I see it as another option in the birth control toolbox.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Ease off please. I never said ALL men should get vasectomies. Just that if a substantial number of them did, it would help cut down on unintended pregnancies.

Many problems in life can be improved by using a variety of solutions because one size doesn't fit all.

I don't know why you think a vasectomy is punishing a man. I see it as another option in the birth control toolbox.
I don't think a vasectomy is punishment.

The way YOU are discussing it comes across as vindictive and mandatory. As in man-hating, those man should just chop it off and women can rule!!!! vindictive. Let's punish those filthy baby makers!!!!

Maybe be clearer and less antagonistic in your posts and you won't be 'misunderstood.'

Old 04-16-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:

The way YOU are discussing it comes across as vindictive and mandatory. As in man-hating, those man should just chop it off and women can rule!!!! vindictive. Let's punish those filthy baby makers!!!!

Maybe be clearer and less antagonistic in your posts and you won't be 'misunderstood.'
^this

Quote:

Who said anything about "chopping it off?" Geeze!

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:

Bingo…how dare those meanie men not do what they insist…and what’s even funnier is that a doctor isn’t going to line up a bunch of teenagers and give them vasectomies, while both young men and women are choosing to have unprotected sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.