Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2022, 11:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Begging to reverse? I highly doubt that a woman who doesn't want another child (or any baby of her own at all) would beg a man to reverse a vasectomy, which is a loving (and easy) procedure a man does for a woman he loves.

In the rare instance where one might want to reverse a vasectomy, reversal "works about 90% to 95% of the time" according to Dr. James Hotaling, a urologist and the director of the men's health program at University of Utah Health.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scop...ows=1_qqu0rn5o
A woman that doesn’t want a child would obviously have no reason to ask for a reversal. They’re obviously referring to a woman that would want a child.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:47 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Begging to reverse? I highly doubt that a woman who doesn't want another child (or any baby of her own at all) would beg a man to reverse a vasectomy, which is a loving (and easy) procedure a man does for a woman he loves]
Um... referring to the poster who wanted to punish ALL filthy male baby makers by requiring all men to get vasectomies.

As I stated to that poster: Be careful what you wish for. The punishment that you dole out may very well be your own.

Women would have to beg men for babies. Is that what women want? To put men fully in charge of pregnancy?

Old 04-17-2022, 08:00 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In what world are women able to know that the father of their baby won't walk out on them?
Yes, men walk out. They're also ordered by courts to pay child support.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:02 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In what world are women able to know that the father of their baby won't walk out on them?
Wow.

Serious trauma here to make a blatant statement like this.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Ever hear of rape? Incest? Sexual assault? Exploitation of minors? Trafficking?

Those are not choices, but young ladies in any of those situations can end up with a pregnancy.

Those with no uterus shouldn't have control over those who do.

Although, if men were forced to be sterilized, so they couldn't get anyone pregnant (by accident, of course), the uproar would be loud & intense.
Rape and incest accout for only 0.33% of abortions, only about 2,250 per year. In comparison, about 668,500 abortions are performed solely for the sake of the pregnant woman's convenience.

95% of abortions are sought by women who didn't want a pregnancy but nevertheless still voluntarily participated in unprotected sex. What did they think was going to happen?

Old 04-17-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s partially why I’d love to see the abortion rate lowered. Taking responsibility sooner is actually easier than having an abortion.
Yep, I've posted this before...

There are over 4,000 taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US.
There are only 272 abortion clinics located throughout the US. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/healt...rnd/index.html

Guess which is MUCH harder and more costly to access.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You mean like the psychopaths that are so charming and then begin abusing their wives soon after marriage?
No one said a woman has to stay in a bad marriage. That's what divorce and court-ordered child support payments are for.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
All I have to do to prove it is find a Republican senator who is crying because he doesn't want gun control, but still wants to control what a woman wants to do with her own body.
When a woman is pregnant, it's no longer just her own body. There's another human life involved with completely different DNA.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:32 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Some chilling things abortion activists have said:

"I know firsthand that abortion saves lives, for the thousands of people I’ve cared for abortion is a blessing, abortion is an act of love, abortion is freedom"
- Dr. Ghazaleh Moayedi, testifying during a House Oversight Committee hearing on abortion restrictions

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abo...ng-act-of-love

"Sometimes I wish I was a woman, just so I could have an abortion." John Waters, American filmmaker, writer, actor, and artist

"Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had" - Lena Dunham, American writer, director, actress, and producer

"I wish my mother had aborted me", Lynn Beisner, American writer

Old 04-17-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
You seriously believe that. Haven't you read anything on the failure rates of birth control? Anything at all?
I provided this info, earlier...

95% of all US abortions are due to unintended pregnancies. That should be easy to understand as the overwhelming majority of women who wanted to get pregnant don't abort.

Now that we have the actual facts, let's compare the data presented in the two pie charts...

Doing the math, the FACTS are that:
1) Women who use contraception correctly and consistently account for only 5% of all unintended pregnancies.
2) Women who use contraception incorrectly/inconsistently have a 31.2 times higher chance of getting pregnant than the women who use contraception correctly and consistently.
3) Women who use no contraception at all have a 52.8 times higher chance of getting pregnant.

So... given... a girl/woman who doesn't want to get pregnant... Guess which is the best course of action for her to take?

For those who want to see the data that 2mares seems to be unable to comprehend it's in Figure 1.3 here:
https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...lth-reform.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies