Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 08:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It goes WAY beyond the very generous funding of Title X Clinics, and their numerous locations, and therefore the very easy access to them.

Remember that Black and Hispanic women have the highest rates of abortion.

Percent of total abortions, by race:

White women: 39%
Black and Hispanic women: 54%

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-po...2:%22asc%22%7D

Compare that to the US population, by race:

Non-Hispanic White: 60.1%
Black and Hispanic: 31.9%

(US Census Bureau)

Recognize the problem yet?

So WHY aren't Black and Hispanic women using the easily accessible and in many cases FREE birth control available at the Title X Clinics? THIS eye-opening finding from the National Survey of Reproductive and Contraceptive Knowledge (survey of unmarried women) exposes the problem:
https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...es/4415012.pdf

So they won't use birth control because they think the government pushes it on them as a way of limiting minority populations, and then when they get pregnant, they get an abortion which does exactly the same thing... limits the minority population. Senseless. Absolutely senseless. /smh

Though that actually was why Sanger founded Planned Parenthood, I wonder who told minorities (and why) that limiting their population was the goal of providing contraceptives to them, setting them up for the FAR more profitable to PP high rate of abortions.
Sanger hasn't had any influence on Planned Parenthood for decades. That is a useless argument.

Re your above stats on black women having more abortions, that would seems to require more birth control clinics in black neighborhoods. Is that where your Title X clinics are located?

Old 04-19-2022, 08:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sanger hasn't had any influence on Planned Parenthood for decades. That is a useless argument.

Re your above stats on black women having more abortions, that would seems to require more birth control clinics in black neighborhoods. Is that where your Title X clinics are located?
Did you bother to look?

Maybe find out for yourself.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:41 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Read the studies you keep quoting.
I did. This statistic is startling:

"32% strongly or somewhat agreed that the government tries to limit minority populations by encouraging birth control use. Black and Latina women were more likely than white women to strongly or somewhat agree with the latter statement (42% and 51%, respectively, vs. 25%)"

It was a Guttmacher study trying to find out WHY women who didn't want to become pregnant DON'T use birth control.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post

Yes. There are over 4,000 taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US. There are FAR fewer PP facilities, less than 700.

I live in a somewhat remote area. There are extreme income disparities in my area. There are 2 Public Health Dept Title X FP Clinics located within 15 miles of me. The closest PP is 75 miles away in the nearest large-ish metro area.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, it is.
No, it isn't.

The definition of words matters, and the law matters, and a woman is carrying a fetus.

Quote:
No matter how you want to spin it or ignore basic biology, women carry, have always carried, and WILL always carry babies.

The potential life argument is idiot logic. I have a potential degree from medical school. As do you. Are either of us enrolled? Nope. But we both have potential. I'm also a potential president, a potential navy seal, a potential grammy-award winner.

If the baby was potential life? Well, there would be no need for abortion. Because the life would not be there. There would be nothing to kill.

You do know that abortions kill life right? And that the life is that of a baby? So many pro abortioners get confused by that.

Abortions don't kill 'potential.' They kill LIFE.
It's a legal distinction, and also a definition of words distincition.

You may get your wish and get both changed, but.....as of now...you're wrong.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:52 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
I didn't get pregnant when I was single. I used birth control correctly each and every time.
So the truth is you dont know what is involved. You just said you had knowledge of applying for child support and trying to raise a child off 200-400kk$/month if you can get it, and going to court every 3 or 4
months. Why lie.

Quote:
Quote:
You act as though that 200- 400$/month she might or most likely might not get is going to solve all the problems. Make up for trying to raise a child on her own.
I will assume you have never filed for child support.
I've had children. I know what's involved. I didn't indiscriminately breed with irresponsible men.
You know whats involved when you are married and plan children or either are indifferent to having a child because you have a dedicated, devoted employed mate to support you and your kids financially, physically and emotionally.

You dont know what is involved when are pregnant and your mate deserts you. You cant work due to pregnancy and even then dont make enough to support yourself and a child and have to go to the child support office file papers, then they have to set a court date, then they have to find him, then he has to be employed and keep the same employment to have his wages garnished. But still that only covers a few hundred a month if you ever get it. You still have to work, pay rent, utilities, daycare etc. or go on welfare, get housing assistance, food stamps, WIC, help with utilities while at the same time loosing job experience, etc.

Just admit you know nothing about what other women go through and must consider for their future and the future of a child and that "the court orders child support" is enough to invalidate the fathers responsibility in birth control.
I know you think you are superior because you never found yourself in this situation but sitting on your high horse wagging your finger at others is not going to solve any problems or end abortion you seem so obsessed with.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:53 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
I did. This statistic is startling:

"32% strongly or somewhat agreed that the government tries to limit minority populations by encouraging birth control use. Black and Latina women were more likely than white women to strongly or somewhat agree with the latter statement (42% and 51%, respectively, vs. 25%)"

It was a Guttmacher study trying to find out WHY women who didn't want to become pregnant DON'T use birth control.
No you didnt. You looked at charts.
and cherry pick statistics.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, it isn't.

The definition of words matters, and the law matters, and a woman is carrying a fetus.
It's a legal distinction, and also a definition of words distincition.
You may get your wish and get both changed, but.....as of now...you're wrong.
Fetus means baby.

I understand that pro abortioners like to pretend it doesn't, because it sounds waaaaaaay better to use that word, pretend it means something else, and then pretend that the human baby that the human woman is carrying isn't getting killed ... because FETUS!!!! /shrug/.

But they also believe that abortions don't actually kill anything, however they define it. Since there is no life, only 'potential.' So abortions kill potential, according to pro abortionists, which is an abstract concept that isn't alive.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
So the truth is you dont know what is involved. You just said you had knowledge of applying for child support and trying to raise a child off 200-400kk$/month if you can get it, and going to court every 3 or 4
months. Why lie.

Quote:

You know whats involved when you are married and plan children or either are indifferent to having a child because you have a dedicated, devoted employed mate to support you and your kids financially, physically and emotionally.

You dont know what is involved when are pregnant and your mate deserts you. You cant work due to pregnancy and even then dont make enough to support yourself and a child and have to go to the child support office file papers, then they have to set a court date, then they have to find him, then he has to be employed and keep the same employment to have his wages garnished. But still that only covers a few hundred a month if you ever get it. You still have to work, pay rent, utilities, daycare etc. or go on welfare, get housing assistance, food stamps, WIC, help with utilities while at the same time loosing job experience, etc.

Just admit you know nothing about what other women go through and must consider for their future and the future of a child and that "the court orders child support" is enough to invalidate the fathers responsibility in birth control.
I know you think you are superior because you never found yourself in this situation but sitting on your high horse wagging your finger at others is not going to solve any problems or end abortion you seem so obsessed with.
And?

If a pregnant woman's dedicated and loving husband is killed in a car crash leaving her alone... that means what exactly?

The only moral high horse is that killing babies just because you feel like it is wrong. No getting around that.

Ever.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
months. Why lie.
No. I never said that. I said I know what's involved in bearing and raising children. I DO know people who get court-ordered child support payments from their child/ren's other parent. And it's not always the women who get custody and men who pay.

Women, if you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control correctly every single time you have male/female sex. Reminder: 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. 95% of all abortions are due to unintended pregnancies. 90% of abortions are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. It's wildly stupid to CHOOSE to unnecessarily abuse your body and kill a human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.