Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 03:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't know anyone who approaches abortion with joy or glee.
Me neither…but perhaps you should read their post and the one by newtovenice above mine.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:20 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Me neither…but perhaps you should read their post and the one by newtovenice above mine.
I was talking about me personally knowing anyone who approaches abortion with joy or glee. Anyone who does is sick for sure. But no one I know feels that way.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I was talking about me personally knowing anyone who approaches abortion with joy or glee. Anyone who does is sick for sure. But no one I know feels that way.
Bingo…and unfortunately there’s obviously some very sick and bitter folks out there that feel otherwise.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:25 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Let's try this again. You asked if I (or someone else) thought ALL men should get vasectomies.

I replied: It would certainly solve the problem.

Seriously? You think that wasn't sarcasm.

Hey, I'm not the one who thinks access to legal abortion is a problem. You do. So why would you think that was anything but sarcasm?

Well, whatever.

So what were you complaining about then?

Really? With all the emphasis on women not being dumb and them being the ones to be responsible for birth control,

I just naturally assumed men could have sex without consequences. Silly me.

(berdee, that's sarcasm.)

OK, seriously, I do believe both sexes should be responsible for using birth control. But most men don't take that responsibility. It's usually on the woman to take birth control and it shouldn't be.

Uh, no. They aren't. Those are real anti-choice people in that article and unless you're reading a different article, I don't think there's any joy and glee in there.

Well, then what risk were you referring to, for crying out loud?
meh, you tried to walk it back after being called on it. plain and simple

Old 04-18-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
meh, you tried to walk it back after being called on it. plain and simple
Bingo

Old 04-19-2022, 07:18 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Whatever you're talking about, there's a high amount of taxpayer funding dedicated to those 4,000+ Title X Family Planning Clinics. They're FAR more prevalent than the 272 abortion clinics.
I'm talking about those studies you linked with the 95% OF WOMEN VOLUNTARILY HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX.

The authors concluded efforts to prevent unintended pregnancies should be stepped up by continued and increased funding for title X facilities and programs to reach the target demographic that statistically have the most unintended pregnancies and abortion. This you would know if you had actually read the studies

Apparently those Title X family planning clinics available are not enough. If you understood any thing of human behavior you would realize the fact that there are more family planning clinics that abortion clinics has no relevance here. People dont even register that. When it comes to pleasures they think more in the moment. If an unwanted pregnancy happens desperation will drive them to one of the fewer abortion clinics or to try self induced abortion, as the woman in the OP, or toss their infant in a dumpster.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I've had children. I know what's involved. I didn't indiscriminately breed with irresponsible men.
Most women do not indiscriminately breed with irresponsible men.
Most people keep and raise their children. Most children are wanted even if they are not planned.
So you are or have been a single mother trying to get and live on child support?

Old 04-19-2022, 07:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm talking about those studies you linked with the 95% OF WOMEN VOLUNTARILY HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX.

The authors concluded efforts to prevent unintended pregnancies should be stepped up by continued and increased funding for title X facilities and programs to reach the target demographic that statistically have the most unintended pregnancies and abortion. This you would know if you had actually read the studies

Apparently those Title X family planning clinics available are not enough. If you understood any thing of human behavior you would realize the fact that there are more family planning clinics that abortion clinics has no relevance here. People dont even register that. When it comes to pleasures they think more in the moment. If an unwanted pregnancy happens desperation will drive them to one of the fewer abortion clinics or to try self induced abortion, as the woman in the OP, or toss their infant in a dumpster.
If a man in anger punches a women and throws her in a dumpster, that's OK, too? Because he did it out of desperation

Every EXCUSE so babies can continue to be killed.

Do you even realize how your "arguments" sound?

Old 04-19-2022, 07:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Most women do not indiscriminately breed with irresponsible men.
Most people keep and raise their children. Most children are wanted even if they are not planned.
So you are or have been a single mother trying to get and live on child support?
So single moms can kill their kids because life is hard?

What happens when a the breadwinner in a family of 6 loses his job? Do they get to kill one of the kids to make life "easier"?

Your argument is life is hard so moms should kill their babies to make their life easier?

Sick.

Newsflash: Life is hard. Get over it.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
It actually matters a lot. Don't want a pregnancy? ACT to prevent it.
Just because you didnt plan a pregnancy does not mean you dont go on to have a child. Most births are unplanned pregnancies, so no it does not matter. I was unplanned as were my 3 siblings and my parents and their siblings. My oldest was unplanned, most of my nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews were unplanned, neigher of my grands were planned. You were probably not planned. What has that got to do with abortion?

What is important is the unwanted pregnancies that end in abortion and why the women felt abortion was the way to go. Even more important is reaching that demographic and taking measures to see they get and use contraceptive more responsibly.
And for those concerned about the declining birth rate address the issues women are faced with balancing pregnancy and parenthood and working and poverty and support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies