Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 09:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. I never said that. I said I know what's involved in bearing and raising children. I DO know people who get child support from their child/ren's other parent. And it's not always the women who get custody and men who pay.

Women, if you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control correctly every single time you have male/female sex. Reminder: 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. 95% of all abortions are due to unintended pregnancies. 90% of abortions are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. It's wildly stupid to CHOOSE to unnecessarily abuse your body and kill a human life.
And wildly stupid to be having unprotected sex with a man who is not going to stick around.

Bears repeating. How to NOT be bottom economic rung:

Finish high school.
Get a job.
Don't have kids till you're married.

Everything else is EXCUSES.

So sick of woman as victim excuses.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:05 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No you didnt. You looked at charts.
and cherry pick statistics.
No cherry-picking. Guttmacher reported it in print. Even they were stunned by that finding. The assumption was that lack of access was the problem. Nope. It's the attitude that the government pushes contraception on minorities as a way of limiting minority populations.

Like I said... I wonder who told minorities (and why) that limiting their population was the goal of the government providing contraceptives to them, which then sets them up for the FAR more profitable to PP high rate of abortions.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:07 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. I never said that. I said I know what's involved in bearing and raising children. I DO know people who get court-ordered child support payments from their child/ren's other parent. And it's not always the women who get custody and men who pay.

Women, if you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control correctly every single time you have male/female sex. Reminder: 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. 95% of all abortions are due to unintended pregnancies. 90% of abortions are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. It's wildly stupid to CHOOSE to unnecessarily abuse your body and kill a human life.

No the discussion was holding men responsible and court ordered child support. Not what is involved in giving birth and raising children. To refresh your memory.

Quote:
uote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Remind me. Does the woman get pregnant without the man? (Not talking about artificial insemination here)

Why are you so quick to let the men off the hook? They also need to be responsible.
There has been a lot of discussion about that. That's what court-ordered child support payments are for. Get the paternity test. Hold the man responsible.
Quote:
You act as though that 200- 400$/month she might or most likely might not get is going to solve all the problems.
I will assume you have never filed for child support.
I've had children. I know what's involved.
You know nothing about court ordered child support or raising children on court ordered child support.

You can keep repeating women use birth control correctly every single time until the cows come home and it wont change the fact that 1. people (men are the users of condoms) will not use birth control correctly every single time, never have, never will. 2. your ranting doesn't stop abortion or unwanted pregnancies.

Reminder: Unintended pregnancies are not unwanted pregnancies. Unintended pregnancies include live births, miscarriages and abortions. ~45to 50% of all pregnancies are unintended, 42% of unintended pregnancies are unwanted. Only 18% of unwanted pregnancies end in abortion. https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

Old 04-19-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No the discussion was holding men responsible and court ordered child support. Not what is involved in giving birth and raising children. To refresh your memory.

You know nothing about court ordered child support or raising children on court ordered child support.

You can keep repeating women use birth control correctly every single time until the cows come home and it wont change the fact that 1. people (men are the users of condoms) will not use birth control correctly every single time, never have, never will. 2. your ranting doesn't stop abortion or unwanted pregnancies.

Reminder: Unintended pregnancies are not unwanted pregnancies. Unintended pregnancies include live births, miscarriages and abortions. ~45to 50% of all pregnancies are unintended, 42% of unintended pregnancies are unwanted. Only 18% of unwanted pregnancies end in abortion. https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states
No amount of ranting, excuses, women are victims justification, re-definfing language, or posing 543,647,246,864,136,634,730 different scenarios will EVER make it OK to kill another person just because you feel like it.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:08 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No amount of ranting, excuses, women are victims justification, re-definfing language, or posing 543,647,246,864,136,634,730 different scenarios will EVER make it OK to kill another person just because you feel like it.
No amount of ranting will excuse men from playing a part in the problem of unwanted pregnancies.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:47 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
No amount of ranting will excuse men from playing a part in the problem of unwanted pregnancies.
That also goes for women if they don’t use birth control or just say no if a man won’t use birth control. Both need to be responsible.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
You keep posting this as if to get someone to argue with you about it. But no one was or is arguing otherwise. You'll get no takers. You are flailing at open doors.

But remind me again: Do men get pregnant?.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That also goes for women if they don’t use birth control or just say no if a man won’t use birth control. Both need to be responsible.
She only thinks men should be responsible.

I imagine if a guy told her he had had a vasectomy, she'd think unprotected sex with him was OK. Just take his word for it ... it'd be the responsible thing to do ...

Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
She only thinks men should be responsible.

I imagine if a guy told her he had had a vasectomy, she'd think unprotected sex with him was OK. Just take his word for it ... it'd be the responsible thing to do ...
Bingo…brought that up before. They don’t even take STD’s into account as they’re fixated on vasectomies. Giving the talk: Honey, you don’t have to take responsibility and it won’t be your fault. Birth control is all the man’s responsibility.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
As much as abortion deeply troubles you, just how far extreme would you go to support bans on abortion? Only about a half dozen countries have a total ban on it and they are 3rd world ones. Both doctors and women who get abortions are subject to prison time and fines. You may not like the part that does not make an exception for the life of a woman, but maybe you would regard such abortion ban laws overall as better than nothing and better than anywhere in the U. S.

For myself, I would not be against abortion upon demand within the 2nd trimester, but would not be against bans for 10 weeks at the soonest. After that period unless done to save the life of the woman or a fatal fetal abnormality, I would support a fine on the woman. Also, would support a fine on the doctor with suspension of medical license for one year after the 1st violation.

The next anti-abortion law that may pass in Oklahoma is styled upon the Texas one but includes a $10,000 fine for donating to pro-abortion rights organizations. I presume this includes Planned Parenthood. I suppose you would be strongly in favor of that, but not me. Who knows how much further to the extreme Republican legislators will want to go with their anti-abortion laws next year, if current ones hold? Not just only to see if their bans can overturn Roe v. Wade but also to see just how extreme the Supreme Court will uphold anything. There could be a point where they see cruel and unusual punishment. I'll never see how having illegal abortions is better for society than the legal ones.

I am ashamed of any state that wants to change anti-abortion laws to be like the ones in Third World countries. I sense there could be a limit. In a fairly conservative Oklahoma forum, I follow abortion is a contentious topic of at least several pages when brought up. Not this time over Oklahoma's law that essentially works to ban all abortion except to save the life of the bother. Still on page 1 and nobody who claims to be pro-life expresses outright support for it. I believe the majority of Americans want abortion to be regulated not totally banned or nearly so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.