Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 02:18 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly. The can deny it all want but men are just as responsible for a pregnancy as women and as importantly they have an opinion and influence over whether that pregnancy is wanted or unwanted.
Prime example is the subject of our OP, Lizelle Herrera. Her husband filed for divorce the day she was arrested. They had been separated.
Of course he is blaming her and saying she had an affair but at the same time saying it was his child. We have not heard her side of the story. Why she decided to abort the day her husband filed for divorce has not been said. I can imagine in reality most women with two children already, pregnant and being left by her husband does not garner confidence that the pregnancy should continue. Obviously he does not want the pregnancy and she will be the one to shoulder the responsibility of raising 3 children alone.
She did not have the abortion on the very same day she was arrested, nor on the day that he'd filed for divorce.

1) She cheated on him, which apparently was the cause of them separating. (imagine that, someone who believes their spouse should be faithful...must be a dying breed)

2) He was unaware that she was pregnant at the particular time that they'd separated.

3) She'd had the abortion before he'd filed for divorce.

4) He later filed for divorce, which happened on the same day she was arrested. Doubtful he knew she was going to be arrest on that particular day.

5) He found out about the abortion days after he'd filed for divorce.

6) It's unknown whose child it was.

7) It sounds like he was wanting to make sure his children were going to be taken care of after the divorce no matter which one of them had custody.

Quote:
The papers go on to say that Herrera will work with his wife to split their estate and decide on custody of their children. He asked the court to intervene should the couple be unable to come to an agreement.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-affair.html

In your mind, he's the bad person in that relationship.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:21 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Not playing. This is not a game of who can come up with the craziest idea and blame another for saying it.
That is it for some poster, blame. They are not interested in actually decreasing the number of unplanned pregnancies or abortion. Banning abortion to punish the wicked women but not getting to the real issues.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
As they say in court, assuming facts not in evidence. These bizarre assumptions of yours are mind boggling. Each pregnancy is unique to the individual and circumstance. You want to make it black and white, it isn’t for everyone. If it was more common place men were more responsible and respectful of their issues it would have an overall positive outcomes with an unplanned pregnancy. You wanna nit pick the what if’s, and circumstances, I don’t. The couple makes the pregnancy, how they take responsibility for it isn’t my business.
Which is it? You are now walking back the 'men and women' are equal to the 'it's up to the couple.' In which case, again, who is ultimately responsible?

The woman.

As she is the one who gets pregnant. She determines the when, where and how of sex. It's up to HER to ensure that SHE will not get pregnant. Whether that is using BC herself and making sure her partner is using BC.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:29 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
That is it for some poster, blame. They are not interested in actually decreasing the number of unplanned pregnancies or abortion. Banning abortion to punish the wicked women but not getting to the real issues.
Yes.

Also not interested in a true discussion. She just presented another scenario and proceeded to tell me the answer I would give. I may as well go take a nap. She can carry on without me.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Why do you think women are wicked?

What is the real issue? The 'women are victims' argument? The 'men won't use condoms' argument?

The real issue remains the same. Abortions kill babies. No way around it.

No excuse erases that fact.

No billion posts of justification, rationale, what ifs, and bullchit changes the very simple fact that almost 700,000 babies are killed every year in the US, almost all out of sheer stupidity, irresponsibility, and for the convenience of the women involved.

But keep upchucking more excuses. None of them change the bolded statement.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Yes.

Also not interested in a true discussion. She just presented another scenario and proceeded to tell me the answer I would give. I may as well go take a nap. She can carry on without me.
Would you like to answer?

Go for it. I'm all ears. Let me know how you would decide whether the man or the woman would choose that fate of the baby.

Go for it. LOVE to hear your response.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Would you like to answer?

Go for it. I'm all ears. Let me know how you would decide whether the man or the woman would choose that fate of the baby.

Go for it. LOVE to hear your response.
Snoring

Old 04-19-2022, 02:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Exactly. The can deny it all want but men are just as responsible for a pregnancy as women and as importantly they have an opinion and influence over whether that pregnancy is wanted or unwanted.
Prime example is the subject of our OP, Lizelle Herrera. Her husband filed for divorce the day she was arrested. They had been separated.
Of course he is blaming her and saying she had an affair but at the same time saying it was his child. We have not heard her side of the story. Why she decided to abort the day her husband filed for divorce has not been said. I can imagine in reality most women with two children already, pregnant and being left by her husband does not garner confidence that the pregnancy should continue. Obviously he does not want the pregnancy and she will be the one to shoulder the responsibility of raising 3 children alone.
Please post the posts where anyone has said men aren’t responsible for a pregnancy?

Old 04-19-2022, 02:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Education and male culture change. Boys and young men should be expected to use bc just as young women are. Males using bc should be common place. Get rid of the 1950’s mind set. The prevailing attitude, it’s the woman’s responsibility because she carries the pregnancy isn’t helpful. Young men held to account as a standard, like we do women. Men should consider themselves parents as soon as they hear of a pregnancy they contributed to. The attitude that still exists that it’s more on the woman needs to change. When young men and boys take responsibility for their sperm, care more about their potential offspring the less abortions.
Who said the woman needs to change?

Every poster I’ve seen, including myself, other than those who insist men should get vasectomies, when it comes to birth control and taking responsibility is that both should be responsible, and if a man refuses to use birth control that the woman should just say no.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Please post the posts where anyone has said men aren’t responsible for a pregnancy?
They keep beating this dead horse like it's an actual debatable point.

I've asked point blank multiple times: if pro abortioners truly believe that men and women share 50-50 responsibility for sex and BC ... what happens if the woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion?

Who ultimately makes that decision? The man? The woman?

They are avoiding answering that question. Because we all know the answer they would give. The woman gets to decide.

Which means she holds MORE responsibility than the man in terms of making sure she does not get pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies