Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 08:25 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here you go...

i.e... unprotected sex due to either the non-use of birth control or the irresponsibly negligent and therefore incorrect use of such.

Do you need to be reminded that 52 + 43 = 95?
OMG. Take a statistics class.

Again the study does not say that. I have no idea how they were able to publish your linked article.

https://www.guttmacher.org/report/mo...-health-reform

Old 04-15-2022, 08:26 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There you go putting it on women. Perhaps men should be more selective in choosing their unprotected sex partners and take responsibility for their own reproduction. Men that get a woman pregnant are just as "guilty" as the woman. It takes two. Dont depend on the other person to be responsible for your reproduction.
I never said men weren't just as responsible. I have stated repeatedly that men are ordered by courts to pay child support for the result/s of their irresponsible acts.

If it seems a man has no discernible means of income and is likely to be unable to support his offspring, perhaps a woman VOLUNTARILY CHOOSING to have unprotected sex with him isn't such a good idea. The responsibility will fall disproportionately on her. It's a fact of biology (you know... SCIENCE), not a value judgment.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
OMG. Take a statistics class.

Again the study does not say that.
Yes, it does. What is confusing you?

Old 04-15-2022, 08:39 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
It has to do with "bodily autonomy," which Democrats love to assert as a concept without thinking through the actual consequences. It's clear Democrats as a whole are against bodily autonomy. Mask mandates... vaccine mandates... etc. Then all of the sudden the issue of abortion comes up and it's suddenly "my body, my choice." Hypocrites.

Too bad they don't consider the fact that abortion completely takes away another human life's ability to even make a choice.
You guys have trouble with government telling you you need a vaccine and wear a mask. You don’t mind wanting a women in a life changing situation, to carry a unwanted pregnancy to term, parent a child for 18 years, against their will?

Old 04-15-2022, 08:40 AM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
It has to do with "bodily autonomy," which Democrats love to assert as a concept without thinking through the actual consequences. It's clear Democrats as a whole are against bodily autonomy. Mask mandates... vaccine mandates... etc. Then all of the sudden the issue of abortion comes up and it's suddenly "my body, my choice." Hypocrites.

Too bad they don't consider the fact that abortion completely takes away another human life's ability to even make a choice.
1. Abortion is not contagious

2. Potential human life.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:41 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You guys have trouble with government telling you you need a vaccine and wear a mask. You don’t mind wanting a women in a life changing situation, to carry a unwanted pregnancy to term, parent a child for 18 years, against their will?
Dems do not support bodily autonomy. The Democratic Party is very anti choice.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:41 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
What is it about..... it's not right to kill....that seems to escape you people?

But thanks, BIDEN...for extending the mask mandate for airlines. Now I will be so much safer...

Old 04-15-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Correct. Most Dems are pro-CHOICE.

You are the only one using the term pro-abortion. Good luck finding anybody in real life who is pro-abortion.
Most dems are pro abortion rights. Most dems are not pro choice because most dems are not pro bodily autonomy.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Not wearing a mask and not being vaccinated doesn't kill another human life every single time it happens like abortion does.

Do you need someone to explain to you what deliberately choosing to kill another human is? You don't seem to understand.

Again, for the umpteenth time... It's not against her will. 95% of unintended pregnancies are caused by women voluntarily participating in unprotected sex. That's a VOLUNTARY CHOICE.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why don't you prove what masks and vaccines have to do with abortion. I'll wait.

Try to stay on topic.
They are all bodily autonomy issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.