Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 12:41 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Shouldn't isn't can't buy. Anyone that wants a gun bad enough will get one. It's become another money grab on law abiding. I'm more concerned about the flood of criminals, guns and drugs running across our border.
It's the same way with controlled substances. We don't have a gun problem we have a people who have a propensity towards violence problem. Until someone can come up with a solution to that the violence will continue. But we could at least start by removing them from society for the rest of their lives. Instead of letting multiple offenders roam free.

It's mind boggling that all of these Lefty's are for open borders that allow the flood of criminals, guns and drugs into our country while simultaneously trying to impose more restrictions on American citizens? Nobody knows for sure who the hell some of these people are and what their backgrounds are? Maybe we should just do background and NICS checks on all of them? Maybe another gun law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 12:46 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
1. Most firearms aren't in any DB and millions of them are old enough they don't have a serial number.
2. People have firearms stolen all the time and they don't even know it. I don't take a headcount each night.

People that live in States like CA often move to other States and private sell their firearms. The data used for a BGC is gigo.

Old 04-24-2022, 12:48 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The background check is the dumbest thing ever.

If someone can’t pass a background check, why would you want him to walk around?
We only prosecute a handful of the tens of thousands of felons that try and buy a firearm.

Old 04-24-2022, 01:51 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We only prosecute a handful of the tens of thousands of felons that try and buy a firearm.
I think it is 2% or was the last time I saw it.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:02 PM

The restrictions who can own are not well thought out. Suppose you have a medical pot card. You can't legally pass the BG check.

So no felon can own one. A guy I know, when he was 21, went upstairs and went to sleep in his bedroom. During the night, a teenage girl who had a crush on him, climbed up the side of his house and in through an open window. She disrobed, climbed into his bed and woke him by manipulating him. They had sex. Later on she got mad and told on him. Back in those days, all it took was the girl's word. He took a plea bargain, plead to a felony and served a year. He could have received 10 years. That was 50 years ago. Never in trouble again. But because of that felony, he can never even posses a hunting rifle. How is that fair?

Old 04-24-2022, 03:15 PM

13,271 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The restrictions who can own are not well thought out. Suppose you have a medical pot card. You can't legally pass the BG check.

So no felon can own one. A guy I know, when he was 21, went upstairs and went to sleep in his bedroom. During the night, a teenage girl who had a crush on him, climbed up the side of his house and in through an open window. She disrobed, climbed into his bed and woke him by manipulating him. They had sex. Later on she got mad and told on him. Back in those days, all it took was the girl's word. He took a plea bargain, plead to a felony and served a year. He could have received 10 years. That was 50 years ago. Never in trouble again. But because of that felony, he can never even posses a hunting rifle. How is that fair?
When he was convicted most if not all states had age of consent laws either 16 or 17. She might have been 14-15 years old he was 21 would you want your 14 or 15 year old daughter having sex with a 21 year old? He should have known better I'm older and even back then we all knew the saying "16 will get you 20".

My nephews when he turned 18 he was starting to go to parties stay out late my brother took him go over the laws and some cases of others who had been convicted with a criminal attorney. The attorney was so impressed with the idea he told my brother the hour was free because he usually is defending someone not preventing a crime.

Your friend can buy a black powder, or high powered air rifle for hunting some people like that kind of hunting it's more challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Constitution isn't worth the paper it was printed on"

It IS when followed.

Yes some do NOT follow what he Founding Fathers meant.

It is up to the citizenry to elect those that DO follow the Constitution.

The Constitution is NOT the problem!

If you believe in that then build a machine gun take it to your nearest police station tell them it's your constitutional right to own see what happens? You won't because you only say things but never do anything to prove what you believe in. The constitution 2A won't keep you out of prison.

Last edited by kell490; 04-24-2022 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-24-2022, 03:31 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I support all gun sales to go though federal firearms license holders. I also support increasing the number of FFL's. ATF spent lot of years getting rid of FFLS who operated out of their homes not sure if that is still the case now.

The reason I support transfers though an FFL because it's the only way to prove you had nothing to do with that firearm after it left your control.

The ATF has and can visit you after recovering that gun lets say you sold that gun to someone at a gun show because you bought the gun new from a FFL the serial number will always lead to you. Now the ATF has arrested that person that you did a private sale to who is claiming you knew the gun was going to a criminal try and work out a plea deal? If you go though an FFL the responsibility is on them to follow the law you have proof because the serial number was recorded in his book. If the ATF visits you simply point them to the FFL you transferred the gun though.
No. Guns should not be registered.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If not for the BG checks, none of the guns in Missouri would be listed with the government. We have a state law that prohibits gun registries.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:48 PM

13,271 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You filled out a 4473 you registered it to your name forever.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:52 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
you're exactly right....but preaching to the choir

the left knows this.....that doesn't matter to the left.....they are all focused on a bigger agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
It's the same way with controlled substances. We don't have a gun problem we have a people who have a propensity towards violence problem. Until someone can come up with a solution to that the violence will continue. But we could at least start by removing them from society for the rest of their lives. Instead of letting multiple offenders roam free.

It's mind boggling that all of these Lefty's are for open borders that allow the flood of criminals, guns and drugs into our country while simultaneously trying to impose more restrictions on American citizens? Nobody knows for sure who the hell some of these people are and what their backgrounds are? Maybe we should just do background and NICS checks on all of them? Maybe another gun law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies