Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 04:20 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I kind of did.

Pendulums swing.

And despite what the right is saying, I fully believe Marriage Equality Act is the next to go.

There's that much hate in the US. That much desire to control other people, despite the right saying the left is controlling them.

Who's trying to control who here?
For people who want the government to stay our of their business, they're awfully involved in wanting to tell people what to do.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:20 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She thought it should have been part of equal rights, that it didn't go far enough to be protected under the Constitution. She was all for women having choices regarding their own bodies.
She knew the Roe decision was wrong. It was.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:22 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Clinics are overwhelmed right now with people who are panicked over the impending SCOTUS decision. If she had a narrow window for the procedure, Virginia might have been her best option. At present, Virginia providers will perform abortions up to 25 weeks. Oklahoma is 15 weeks. Colorado would have been an option, too, but they might have already been booked.
And yet she, with her children along for the ride, drove there then turned around to drive home in order to go to work the next day. She must have been driving something like ... a jet. It's almost a 24 hour trip, one way. And, have you ever traveled with young children? They generally need to stop, often. potty breaks, food breaks, etc.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:25 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I kind of did.

Pendulums swing.

And despite what the right is saying, I fully believe Marriage Equality Act is the next to go.

There's that much hate in the US.
The handwriting has been on the wall for a long while now. Anything is possible - absolutely anything. The past five years have taught us that. There are no norms, no ethics, only ideologies - and the desire to win at any cost. There are no depths to which someone can sink that will destroy them. The opposite, in fact. The lower one goes, the more of a hero they become. No matter how we try to imagine the worst that can happen, it won't be bad enough. We will always be blindsided. There are no limits to human imagination or ingenuity - or depravity and hate. I'm so old now, I can only sigh at the unfolding panorama of craziness. As we hurtle to the abyss.

1,436 posts, read 669,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The hate seems to coming from all the people desperate to kill the unborn.

Why all the focus on abortion?

* the morning after pill is available over the counter in all 50 states. It is 89% effective within 3 days of unprotected sex.

* birth control pills are available in all 50 states. They are 91% effective when used properly.

* condoms are available in all 50 states. They are 98% effective when used properly.

* IUDs are available in all 50 states. They are 99% effective.
Exactly .
Shots, implants .So many choices as far as birth control today and relatively inexpensive.
This lust for unborn baby blood the left has is really disturbing.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The hate seems to coming from all the people desperate to kill the unborn.

Why all the focus on abortion?

* the morning after pill is available over the counter in all 50 states. It is 89% effective within 3 days of unprotected sex.

* birth control pills are available in all 50 states. They are 91% effective when used properly.

* condoms are available in all 50 states. They are 98% effective when used properly.

* IUDs are available in all 50 states. They are 99% effective.

Edit…your comment about the “desire to control other people” is off the mark. It is the left who wants forced vaccinations, restrictions on free speech, restrictions on gun rights and property rights….and so,‘‘em can still get abortions, even in Texas.
Very very few people want forced vaccinations, and restrictions on free speech are the hallmark of the right.

It's the ACLU - the most left leaning organization in the US - that has staunchly and powerfully protected the right to free speech, while taking abuse after abuse from the right.

That the left, for the past about 2 years has now started demanding the right watch their hate speech, that hardly makes up for centuries of the right controlling what others can say.

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
She knew the Roe decision was wrong. It was.
She didn't like how it was structured. She was all for women having the right to make choices regarding their own bodies.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

In all of this, no one from government has broached the subject of babies carrying genetic disorders or conditions that will prevent them from living quality lives. Nowhere is there a remedy for those parents who love their baby dearly, but discover he has no skull or spinal bones.

And what about that? How in the world do you enact legislation where some politician will decide what baby is "too damaged" to be valuable, and so abortion is ok, vs. what baby must be allowed to live? WHO WANTS TO MAKE THAT DECISION?

No one. That's why abortion on demand up to a certain time period must be left intact. Because no one wants to be in the business of saying your baby isn't worth living, so you can kill it but this mom over here has a valuable baby so she has to carry it.

Geez. We can't go there.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Exactly .
Shots, implants .So many choices as far as birth control today and relatively inexpensive.
This lust for unborn baby blood the left has is really disturbing.
Have you ever carried a baby that you were told might have a serious genetic disorder, and had to begin to consider a possibility of an abortion when you already had the nursery decorated?

Consider that for a moment.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:30 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And yet she, with her children along for the ride, drove there then turned around to drive home in order to go to work the next day. She must have been driving something like ... a jet. It's almost a 24 hour trip, one way. And, have you ever traveled with young children? They generally need to stop, often. potty breaks, food breaks, etc.
Exactly. Should a woman who happens to live in Texas, who finds herself pregnant and cannot afford even one more kid, be forced to drive all night to get a couple of abortion pills? Just because she missed an unreasonable 6 week deadline? This is what these new laws are doing to women.

This is real. It is happening.

Louisiana is trying to pass a law to make abortion a homicide, from day of conception. Do you agree with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies