Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2022, 09:37 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama...-world-record/

Viability is 21 weeks. Most people have a cutoff point at some point. What’s yours?
Sure a few survivors. At 21 weeks most don’t. I don’t have a specific number as I’m not of child bearing age. I’ve said before I’m not willing to get between a woman’s personal pregnancy and her medical choices.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:42 PM

13,474 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 Ok, you people want States Rights 10th Amendment, but WHO is that? Governors? State Legislators? Or the PEOPLE in a State?
The people since it's the people that sends their representatives to the federal government and state government to represent them. That's what it was intended to do.

The people choose their governors and state legislators to represent them. That's a lot better than unelected federal judges making up law and ignoring the 10th amendment like Roe.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Sure a few survivors. At 21 weeks most don’t. I don’t have a specific number as I’m not of child bearing age. I’ve said before I’m not willing to get between a woman’s personal pregnancy and her medical choices.
What is your cut off point? You’re working hard to dismiss that a 21 week old fetus can be viable. Do you have a cut off point? I guess not. Killing one’s viable fetus is “just a medical decision”. Yikes.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
What is your cut off point? You’re working hard to dismiss that a 21 week old fetus can be viable. Do you have a cut off point? I guess not. Killing one’s viable fetus is “just a medical decision”. Yikes.
I’m not “working hard to dismiss”. I’m adding the info you leave out. It’s not like women give birth at 21 weeks and 99 percent of the babies live. Less than 30 percent live. So viability at that point is a bit shaky. I don’t need to have a cut off time, an abortion isn’t something I have to worry about personally. Other women can decide for herself, she’s the one considering abortion not me.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:06 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I’m not “working hard to dismiss”. I’m adding the info you leave out. It’s not like women give birth at 21 weeks and 99 percent of the babies live. Less than 30 percent live. So viability at that point is a bit shaky. I don’t need to have a cut off time, an abortion isn’t something I have to worry about personally. Other women can decide for herself, she’s the one considering abortion not me.
If a baby survived at 21 weeks, that is the current benchmark of viability. It sounds like you have no limits though so I don’t now why you’re stuck on 21 weeks. Viability is not an issue for you, it’s fine at any point.

By the way, have you seen the pics of Curtis Means as a newborn baby. Tiny, but very much a baby..

Old 05-14-2022, 10:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,333,269 times
Regardless of Roe v. Wade's ultimate fate, leftists have already gone violent. Some of them firebombed an anti-abortion clinic. I've seen footage of pro-abortion demonstrators assaulting cops and others deliberately spitting in the face of a pro-life demonstrator who had engaged in no violence, whether physical or verbal. Churches have been desecrated and church services disturbed. Thankfully, in one service, parishioners stood up and forced out the leftist agitators/invaders.

Already, leftists have demonstrated in front of the houses of SCOTUS Justices, which is illegal. In VA, it's against state law as well.

On Twitter, some rabid leftists are calling for assassinating SCOTUS Justices. Those accounts and tweets remain, without any censorship or editing.

Anyone - ANYONE - who supports this on grounds that "this isn't the time for civility" is simply saying that threats and in some cases, actual assaults are fair game. This is not how freedom and democracy work. This is thuggish behavior.

I remember how in 2016, at Trump rallies, leftists repeatedly assaulted cops and Trump supporters. I also recall talking to a now former friend (a rabid, naive, irrational, and brittle leftist who always got angry when presented with evidence that challenged his views) about this. He never showed any compassion/empathy to Trump supporters who were attacked and limited his acknowledgment of that to "IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE THEN FINE BUT..." despite plenty of evidence on the news.

He also defended the crimes committed by his fellow leftists on Trump supporters on grounds that "these people sense imminent harm to their communities and they don't have the luxury of playing nice."

I get that people will always disagree, whether it's abortion or gun ownership or immigration or whatever. But to engage in this kind of conduct is not the behavior of civilized people. Threatening others, including judges (and juries as in cases we have seen) is not ethical.

I fully admit I want Roe v. Wade overturned, although I wanted to extend empathy to those among the pro-choice camp who are not this virulent and who are not this hostile to those who think differently. I get that these brutish leftists aren't representative of the entire pro-choice camp.

But now, I am fervently hoping for a decision which overturns Roe v. Wade. These leftists need to learn that these criminal antics must never be rewarded with what they want.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:15 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Regardless of Roe v. Wade's ultimate fate, leftists have already gone violent. Some of them firebombed an anti-abortion clinic. I've seen footage of pro-abortion demonstrators assaulting cops and others deliberately spitting in the face of a pro-life demonstrator who had engaged in no violence, whether physical or verbal. Churches have been desecrated and church services disturbed. Thankfully, in one service, parishioners stood up and forced out the leftist agitators/invaders.

Already, leftists have demonstrated in front of the houses of SCOTUS Justices, which is illegal. In VA, it's against state law as well.

On Twitter, some rabid leftists are calling for assassinating SCOTUS Justices. Those accounts and tweets remain, without any censorship or editing.

Anyone - ANYONE - who supports this on grounds that "this isn't the time for civility" is simply saying that threats and in some cases, actual assaults are fair game. This is not how freedom and democracy work. This is thuggish behavior.

I remember how in 2016, at Trump rallies, leftists repeatedly assaulted cops and Trump supporters. I also recall talking to a now former friend (a rabid, naive, irrational, and brittle leftist who always got angry when presented with evidence that challenged his views) about this. He never showed any compassion/empathy to Trump supporters who were attacked and limited his acknowledgment of that to "IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE THEN FINE BUT..." despite plenty of evidence on the news.

He also defended the crimes committed by his fellow leftists on Trump supporters on grounds that "these people sense imminent harm to their communities and they don't have the luxury of playing nice."

I get that people will always disagree, whether it's abortion or gun ownership or immigration or whatever. But to engage in this kind of conduct is not the behavior of civilized people. Threatening others, including judges (and juries as in cases we have seen) is not ethical.

I fully admit I want Roe v. Wade overturned, although I wanted to extend empathy to those among the pro-choice camp who are not this virulent and who are not this hostile to those who think differently. I get that these brutish leftists aren't representative of the entire pro-choice camp.

But now, I am fervently hoping for a decision which overturns Roe v. Wade. These leftists need to learn that these criminal antics must never be rewarded with what they want.
"
Some of them firebombed an anti-abortion clinic. I've seen footage of pro-abortion demonstrators assaulting cops and others deliberately spitting in the face of a pro-life demonstrator who had engaged in no violence, whether physical or verbal. Churches have been desecrated and church services disturbed. Thankfully, in one service, parishioners stood up and forced out the leftist agitators/invaders".

Do you have links to any of this violence? How recent are these videos you have seen?

What is an anti-abortion clinic?

Links to these church incidents?

Old 05-14-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If a baby survived at 21 weeks, that is the current benchmark of viability. It sounds like you have no limits though so I don’t now why you’re stuck on 21 weeks. Viability is not an issue for you, it’s fine at any point.

By the way, have you seen the pics of Curtis Means as a newborn baby. Tiny, but very much a baby..
Most say viability is 24 weeks when survival is over 50 percent. An average of 28 percent survival rate at 21 weeks is your benchmark not necessarily the medical fields assessment. I don’t think one should abort a healthy baby once it viable. With that said I’m not comfortable getting in between a woman’s pregnancy. Yes I did see pics btw

Old 05-14-2022, 10:19 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:

Ditto, and I have faith our patience will be rewarded with a June release of the final outcome.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:24 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:

They have all been peaceful protests. Neighbors in Chevy Chase organized the one going between Roberts and Kavanaugh houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies